• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I want a level 2 retention holster that won't bump my leg when I walk. If the one you said is the one I'm thinking of, muzzle faces down just like I said.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think some would say to holster the AR in the trunk of the car or in your safe at home.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What's the fun in that? Remember? I want a reaction...

Forget about imposing your own agenda on a private business then. Have some respect for others. Those who just want to earn a paycheck, feed their family, turn a profit. Let alone those who just want to eat in peace. :nono:

Take your OC rifle to a place where you can get your reaction without effing up someone else's day (and wallet.) Maybe the sidewalk in front of the police station? If you are gonna take the officers (that we pay) away from their important work to determine whether you are an activist or active shooter, at least they might be close.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    *Ahem* Maybe you missed the purple.

But, I guess I'll bite. What's my agenda? To support those others that have been harassed while carrying a rifle? Respect? Me have respect for them? So if I carry a rifle, I have no respect? Why don't THEY respect MY right to carry how I wish, when I wish, where I wish, and what I wish? I'm just as, if not more, law-abiding than them. All I want to do is eat my meal in peace, while conversing with fellow firearm enthusiasts, and carrying a rifle or a handgun. Did I mention legally?

I'll take my rifle OC to where ever I see fit, while staying in the parameters of the law. If I am asked to leave the establishment by a manager, I will do so. If it is by a patron, I will politely tell them to pound sand. If I am asked by LEO, I will ask for a manager. I said it up thread, and I'll say it again, THEIR day being ruined has NOTHING to do with MY right to bear arms. Why would I OC a rifle in front of a police station? I don't go buy police stations on a daily. I do, however, visit various establishments throughout my day, whether it is McDonald's, Burger King, WalMart, etc. I will gladly show the officers, if they show up, the respect that they deserve and show that I am just the everyday average Joe.

Thanks for caring so much about what I might do in the future. When you pay my bills, pay for my firearm, answer for what I do, then you can tell me what to do. Until then, you don't matter to me.

That time it was directed towards you. Thanks for playing.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No sweat. I might've come come off as a bit abrasive. I think it might be time to move on to something else. There's not much meat left on the bone here when we all start debating interpretations of who said what.

Cheers.
    Yeah, it gets confusing when we have three or four conversations at once. Sometimes hard to keep them straight.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I'll take my rifle OC to where ever I see fit, while staying in the parameters of the law. If I am asked to leave the establishment by a manager, I will do so. If it is by a patron, I will politely tell them to pound sand. If I am asked by LEO, I will ask for a manager. I said it up thread, and I'll say it again, THEIR day being ruined has NOTHING to do with MY right to bear arms. Why would I OC a rifle in front of a police station? I don't go buy police stations on a daily. I do, however, visit various establishments throughout my day, whether it is McDonald's, Burger King, WalMart, etc. I will gladly show the officers, if they show up, the respect that they deserve and show that I am just the everyday average Joe.

Thanks for caring so much about what I might do in the future. When you pay my bills, pay for my firearm, answer for what I do, then you can tell me what to do. Until then, you don't matter to me.

That time it was directed towards you. Thanks for playing.

We'll look forward to your future MWAG report/bad popo threads. ;)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I have one thread about an encounter with a LEO. I don't make negative threads about LE. IF I have an encounter, I take something away from that encounter. It's never about how THEY screwed up or how I screwed up. It's exactly how the interaction happened, to the best of my memory, and what did I learn.

Btw, you never did clarify what "Dangerously handling a rifle in a crowded public place" was.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Eric Holder stated a few years ago that his mission was to make gun ownership "un-cool", he would turn people agianst the NRA, and view people who carry as evil and the enemy. I remember as a kid walking to the 50 acres of woods behind our house carrying .22's. Back then ,Officer Toneff would give us pointers on squirrel hunting. I remember seeing shotguns in the back of pick-up trucks driving around during hunting season. Now they shoot young children for playing with toy guns, suspend them from school for wearing a NRA shirt, can't even eat a sandwich without worrying if it might look like a Glock after a few bites! I wouldn't carry a AK into a McDonald's, but the 2nd Ammendment says I can. I guess I underestimated Eric Holder. Guess alot of people did.

Don't over think it man. Kids still go hunting, still carry .22 rifles (Not into a public restaurant) and I see rifles in truck racks almost everyday. Cops even still give hunting advice. Those same ole things still happen. FWIW kids would have gotten shot back in the day for pointing a toy gun at a cop. The stuff about NRA shirts and gun looking sandwiches, poptarts ect is the sad truth in some places. I actually think gun ownership is more acceptable in "most" peoples minds today.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ....Btw, you never did clarify what "Dangerously handling a rifle in a crowded public place" was.

That is something you should study up on yourself, or better yet get some training for. There is a lot more to it than just buying a rifle to carry to Mcdonald's. :rolleyes:

You might just find out how difficult it is to actually not point your rifle at anyone when you are surrounded with anyone's. The same could be said for keeping control of your weapon with the fire control components exposed.
    Child Fires Officer's Rifle at Elementary School | NBC Southern California

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So, you don't know then? You asked me a question, I asked what you considered to be dangerous and now YOU want ME to define dangerous? How can I answer a question that you impose, if you won't define a very broad word?

Is he "dangerous" because he's carrying in a manner that you deem "unacceptable?"
    Is he dangerous because he's waving a gun around?
    Is he dangerous because he's carrying and being belligerent and threatening?
    What is dangerous to you?

To me it could be different than to you.

Here is your direct quote.
    That's not the question I asked, but following your lead;

How would you handle seeing someone dangerously handling an AR in a crowded public place?

Top Bottom