• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... How can I answer a question that you impose, if you won't define a very broad word?

...blah, blah...

To me it could be different than to you.

No problem. Use your own definition. I'll ask again:
    How would you handle seeing someone dangerously handling an AR in a crowded public place?

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    It seems to me that your definition of dangerously handling would be different than mine.

If he was waving it around in a threatening manner, I am backing out slowly with my hand on my firearm and 911 on the phone.
    If he was carrying it in a manner that I deem unsafe, coonfingering it and sweeping people with it, I'm going to approach him and start a conversation that will correct the issues.
    If he's not touching it, yet being belligerent, I might ask him to calm down because he's going to start making people nervous.

It all depends on the situation.

So I ask yet again, since you haven't clarified 100% yet, what's your definition for the imposed scenario?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think what they're attempting to imply is that just because it's legal to disarm before entering McDonalds doesn't make it a good idea.

Disarming so rarely is.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't either. I do something because I agree with it..
    You get it. It's the same way for OC'ing a handgun. I don't do it "just because it's legal" I do it because it's something I choose to do as part of a regular routine when I go about my usual day to day business.

If I felt the need to carry a long gun for the same reason then I would do so as well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hrmmm... seems bwframe is either impressed with my answer or so distraught with the answer that he has given up on this thread.

Yep, you win the thread. :bowdown:
    :rolleyes:

You weren't listening anyway. On top of that, I'm sure folks were WAY WAY tired of us arguing pages/days ago. We could BOTH use a lesson in STFU. :dunno:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Just peeking in to see what you guy's have decided on the fate of the world as we know it......:dunno:

Yep. It's the end of the world as we know it, but I feel fine.

Yep, you win the thread. :bowdown:
    :rolleyes:

You weren't listening anyway. On top of that, I'm sure folks were WAY WAY tired of us arguing pages/days ago. We could BOTH use a lesson in STFU. :dunno:

LULZ! I wasn't listening? I answered your question that left it to my own definition. This thread is directly related to what we're discussing, the OP has not said anything about us debating our views, so we're good.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom