• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I agree it's legal and one's right to carry a long gun in a restaurant, but I don't want you to. Here is why.

I am sitting in the same restaurant with my family happily occupied in clogging my arteries with more grease than any one human being should consume at a single sitting. My 1911 is tucked in my waistband fully concealed by my hoodie. Maintaining good situational awareness as we are taught to do, I spot you soon after you walk in the door. Now, I have to keep my eyes on you while I figure out if you are the 2nd amendment poster child or America's next psychopathic killer ready to snap at any moment because your mother didn't love you. I don't know you and have no way of knowing your intent. Moment by moment I am assessing my escape route and whether I might have to draw to protect my family. In the meantime, my French fries have gotten cold, and I have stopped enjoying my meal and family time. I hate cold French fries. I'd much prefer not to be bothered with you at all and get on with my meal.
    :shady:

Maybe he could wear a shirt that's says "I'm a good guy" or flash some sort of INGO gang sign that lets you know he's cool!

i propose the hand on the chin, nod, teeth clinched... INGO salute! (If you are a mass murderer, you can't use this signal)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    if the TSA were allowed to guard Mc'D's - no knives allowed would have saved you!

You'd still have to worry about sticky fingers, dirty faces, and scared/crying/confused kids after the contact with TSA. That combination makes a toddler more dangerous than a honey badger.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    McDonald's is antigun. Has been for a long while. They give a lot of money to those who would disarm us yet many firearms owners insist on eating there. It can't be the food, fast food is fast food. You can get a burger like theirs anywhere. I say the same for their fires too so why pay them to help others disarm us like so many firearms owners do?

Between McDonald's and AARP, I wonder just how many of you (not me as I am AARP age and am not nor will I ever be a member) are paying to have their guns taken away from them? Why do this when you can vote with your wallet and tell them we don't like their politics?

The above may be off topic but what do you expect OCing a rifle in a McDonald's when they are already admitting to being antigun? I don't even park in a McDonald's parking lot let alone eat their food. I go elsewhere, like Jimmy John's or Arby's for my fast food. Stop paying McDonald's and AARP to take our guns away already.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I just don't know why anyone needs a machine gun at a place with a play land?

Jack. Jumpin'. Flash.

Are you serious? Firstly, an AR-15 is by no means a machinegun. Educate yourself; you'll be glad you did. Secondly, maybe one wishes to carry an AR-15 because it's legal to do so with the permission of the manager/franchisee, and perhaps because if something pops off at McDonald's, one would want the absolute best armament with the greatest potential capacity per magazine to defend one's family, some of whom might be playing in that play place. Opinions are like balloons: everyone likes their own, only a few of them really fly, and most of them don't hold water.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I agree it's legal and one's right to carry a long gun in a restaurant, but I don't want you to. Here is why.

I am sitting in the same restaurant with my family happily occupied in clogging my arteries with more grease than any one human being should consume at a single sitting. My 1911 is tucked in my waistband fully concealed by my hoodie. Maintaining good situational awareness as we are taught to do, I spot you soon after you walk in the door. Now, I have to keep my eyes on you while I figure out if you are the 2nd amendment poster child or America's next psychopathic killer ready to snap at any moment because your mother didn't love you. I don't know you and have no way of knowing your intent. Moment by moment I am assessing my escape route and whether I might have to draw to protect my family. In the meantime, my French fries have gotten cold, and I have stopped enjoying my meal and family time. I hate cold French fries. I'd much prefer not to be bothered with you at all and get on with my meal.
    :shady:

Again, huge difference between a long gun being slung versus actively handled. What about someone with a rifle (or shotgun) slung over their back and not being actively handled whatsoever would raise your hackles and shift you into condition red? What if everyone behaved that way at the sight of anyone open-carrying? If I were your boss - or your bondsman - I would drop you for being a bad investment. The mere sight of a weapon is not a go-ahead to go full Rambo-style paranoiac.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    McDonald's is antigun. Has been for a long while. They give a lot of money to those who would disarm us yet many firearms owners insist on eating there. It can't be the food, fast food is fast food. You can get a burger like theirs anywhere. I say the same for their fires too so why pay them to help others disarm us like so many firearms owners do?

Between McDonald's and AARP, I wonder just how many of you (not me as I am AARP age and am not nor will I ever be a member) are paying to have their guns taken away from them? Why do this when you can vote with your wallet and tell them we don't like their politics?

The above may be off topic but what do you expect OCing a rifle in a McDonald's when they are already admitting to being antigun? I don't even park in a McDonald's parking lot let alone eat their food. I go elsewhere, like Jimmy John's or Arby's for my fast food. Stop paying McDonald's and AARP to take our guns away already.

lol, wat?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I seem to remember like 700 or so at the statehouse earlier this year.
    Some met at Tilted Kilt. No problem.

yep and tilted kilt was called ahead of time to let them know what was going on and that there would be several of us stopping in to eat.

as legal as it is, respect goes a long way. we respected that TK is a business and as such could refuse our service. we planned ahead and got an ok after explaining what it was about.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Jack. Jumpin'. Flash.

Are you serious? Firstly, an AR-15 is by no means a machinegun. Educate yourself; you'll be glad you did. Secondly, maybe one wishes to carry an AR-15 because it's legal to do so with the permission of the manager/franchisee, and perhaps because if something pops off at McDonald's, one would want the absolute best armament with the greatest potential capacity per magazine to defend one's family, some of whom might be playing in that play place. Opinions are like balloons: everyone likes their own, only a few of them really fly, and most of them don't hold water.

you're that guy that believes everything you read on the Internet?

i know what a machine gun is - all in saying is that his automatic assault rifle is dangerous in a place like this. What if one of the clips fell out or something.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    McDonald's is antigun. Has been for a long while. They give a lot of money to those who would disarm us yet many firearms owners insist on eating there...

Interesting info. Got a link to verify this?

...i know what a machine gun is - all in saying is that his automatic assault rifle is dangerous in a place like this. What if one of the clips fell out or something.

Wow :n00b:

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    you're that guy that believes everything you read on the Internet?

i know what a machine gun is - all in saying is that his automatic assault rifle is dangerous in a place like this. What if one of the clips fell out or something.
    :orly:

You obviously are mistaken in your belief of the differences between an AR-15 and a M16A1. AR-15s are semi-auto only. M16 family of military weapons have 3 position selectors, the positions being SAFE, SEMI, AUTO/BURST. M16A1s and M16A3s read AUTO, while the A2s and A4s read BURST. M4 is SAFE, SEMI & AUTO, while the M4A1, reads SEMI & BURST. All of them fire from 30 round magazines, not clips. Clips are used in M1 Garands. The M249 SAW is a full automatic weapon that is fed by 200 round belted ammo or, as a stop gap, a 30 round magazine, which has all sorts of problems and isn't done, mainly because the magazine follower jams and the SAW stops working. FYI, if you're being facetious, use some smilies, otherwise, I most definitely agree with HR. You've got some reading to do.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    :orly:

You obviously are mistaken in your belief of the differences between an AR-15 and a M16A1. AR-15s are semi-auto only. M16 family of military weapons have 3 position selectors, the positions being SAFE, SEMI, AUTO/BURST. M16A1s and M16A3s read AUTO, while the A2s and A4s read BURST. M4 is SAFE, SEMI & AUTO, while the M4A1, reads SEMI & BURST. All of them fire from 30 round magazines, not clips. Clips are used in M1 Garands. The M249 SAW is a full automatic weapon that is fed by 200 round belted ammo or, as a stop gap, a 30 round magazine, which has all sorts of problems and isn't done, mainly because the magazine follower jams and the SAW stops working. FYI, if you're being facetious, use some smilies, otherwise, I most definitely agree with HR. You've got some reading to do.

Been shooting em for years.... I thought when I intentionally said clips you'd pick up on my lefty speak.

Sorry guess its it's still too early...

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    angry-ronald-665x600.jpg

Top Bottom