• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ah, so carrying the rifle to Mc D's WAS a form of protest huh?
    If I understand his argument, it matters little what the intent of the fella in the OP actually was. Back out to the wide view and looking at just the act of carrying a long gun, some are making the argument that a perfectly legal act should not be exercised simply because it bothers someone else.

Even if we assume the OP's friend was carrying the rifle as a protest, or if anybody carries a long gun as a protest, does it change the arguments being made for and against in this thread? It's still legal to carry one. It's still being prohibited.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Stephen87 and 88GT are hardly trolls. From the time I've been "contributing" on this forum, they a couple of the best here. If you keep adding folks to your "ignore" list at this rate, INGO is going to seem awfully desolete, pretty quick. :laugh:

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :eek:

That kind of talk will get you put on Gluemanz28's ignore list so fast your freakin' head will spin!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Carrying an AR15 in some place like McDonalds embarrasses me just to think about it, but that is because I do not like to draw attention to myself. I guess it's good there are other people that like to assert their rights. Of course, that didn't work out too well at Starbucks. I wish you guys would have tried McDonalds first, I prefer coffee drinks to crappy hamburgers.

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Carrying an AR15 in some place like McDonalds embarrasses me just to think about it, but that is because I do not like to draw attention to myself. I guess it's good there are other people that like to assert their rights. Of course, that didn't work out too well at Starbucks. I wish you guys would have tried McDonalds first, I prefer coffee drinks to crappy hamburgers.
    You prefer $5 coffee to $1 burgers? Wish I had your money :)

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Well...... You got what you wanted. Except the cool video showing how BA you are. Too bad that didn't work out for you , probably could have upped the rating on your YouTube channel.
    Sorry, don't have a youtube channel that I actually upload videos to. If I did I think I would have better equipment than my three year old cell phone. Thanks for making baseless assumptions though, that hasn't already been done enough.

Last edited:

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    While I appreciate the Pro 2A stunt and I will say it took "balls" at the end of the day it sounds like a good way to get yourself shot by a nervous LEO or armed citizen. You guys got the attention you wanted but I don't think youre winning over anyone and just making guns owners look bad carrying a long gun like that.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Wow! There are a lot of pages in this thread! I can only assume the previous 34 pages have gone like this...
    First reply: "OCing long guns is stupid and people that do it only do it for attention"
    First reply to first reply: "it's his right who cares what everyone else thinks, he wasn't breaking any laws..."
    First reply to the reply of the first reply: "BACON!"
    REPEAT...

And since it looks like everyone on INGO has posted their opinion here I don't want to be left out.
    IMO...do what you want as long as it's legal but be prepared to deal with the consequences. Whether those consequences are getting your rights trampled, getting legislation made that makes your current legal activities illegal, or getting flamed in a gun forum.

I am of the belief that the only reason anyone OC's a long gun is for attention. They could be looking for attention to let people know their actions are not illegal, and raise awareness. They could be looking for attention from anti's/sheeple and ultimately from the po-po, either for a video or to whatever. I do not think someone carries a long gun for solely self defense purposes...it's a political point that can be used for self defense.

That being said, I don't think many of us complain when there are 2nd Amendment rallies where everyone carries AR's, AK's, Barrett's....Of course that is a bit different since it is a group effort specifically made for protest...while an individual doing so may SAY they are not protesting, just exercising their rights, but really they are protesting just without the organized group effort.

In short, do what you want, just don't ***** when you don't get the reaction you would prefer.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How did you slip through my ignore list???? Ok its fixed now. Troll on

He is not a troll. But it doesn't surprise me that you would equate someone having a different opinion as a troll, given the arguments you've presented in this thread.

Congrats you have been added as well. Troll on

I love when people ignore others so that every comment they see agrees with their beliefs. Talk about living in a fantasy world where my way is the only way. For one, I like discussions such as these, because I like to see others' opinions. I do see how individuals think that carrying long guns in public will do nothing but hurt the cause, but I simply do not agree with it. I think others have hit the nail on the head when stating the responding LEO's handled this situation very poorly, and it is incidents like this that demand more attention. I personally have no way of knowing how well the long gun carrier controlled his weapon, and whether he was sweeping people or not.

Stephen87 and 88GT are hardly trolls. From the time I've been "contributing" on this forum, they a couple of the best here. If you keep adding folks to your "ignore" list at this rate, INGO is going to seem awfully desolete, pretty quick. :laugh:

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :eek:

That kind of talk will get you put on Gluemanz28's ignore list so fast your freakin' head will spin!

You say that like it would be a bad thing. :dunno:

I guess I might as well be added to the ignore list.
    Stephen87 and 88GT may disagree with you, but they add to the discussion. They do not just drop a statement and leave.
    They do not even say that they carry a rifle.
    All they say is, they agree with a person's right to follow the law.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and at the end of the day there is no right or wrong answer to the question asked by the OP.

I have my opinions and have voiced them. Sorry if they don't line up with yours.

Life has enough confrontations on a daily basis all on it's own, so I reserve the right to use the ignore list as I see fit.

See the definition of a Internet Troll below and see if you fit the category or are you just giving your opinion to everyone on every single thread, some of which take up nearly a full page.

internet troll
    Web definitions
    In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response ...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and at the end of the day there is no right or wrong answer to the question asked by the OP.

I have my opinions and have voiced them. Sorry if they don't line up with yours.

Life has enough confrontations on a daily basis all on it's own, so I reserve the right to use the ignore list as I see fit.

See the definition of a Internet Troll below and see if you fit the category or are you just giving your opinion to everyone on every single thread, some of which take up nearly a full page.

internet troll
    Web definitions
    In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response ...

88GTs posts are not extraneous nor are they off-topic. If they can be considered inflammatory that has more to do with the reader than the poster. As for what they are designed to provoke; thought.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Go ahead and put me on ignore when you get a chance, I'm another who actually supports the right to keep and bear arms and the free exercise thereof.

No justification needed, no license required, just a nation of Riflemen who get hungry for a cheap burger from time to time.

The local response strikes me as rather shameful. We may need to further condition the responders, I'm sure they'll get better with a bit of practice. :yesway:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Go ahead and put me on ignore when you get a chance, I'm another who actually supports the right to keep and bear arms and the free exercise thereof.

No justification needed, no license required, just a nation of Rifleman who get hungry for a cheap burger from time to time.

The local response strikes me as rather shameful. We may need to further condition the responders, I'm sure they'll get better with a bit of practice. :yesway:

I believe that we all have the right to keep and bear arms as well so I'm not sure what your taking about :dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I believe that we all have the right to keep and bear arms as well so I'm not sure what your taking about :dunno:

Most people believe it, they simply don't support it in it's uninfringed entirety. Sometimes they even ignore people or label them as trolls when they debate on the actual or practical support side of the issue.

meh.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Most people believe it, they simply don't support it in it's uninfringed entirety. Sometimes they even ignore people or label them as trolls when they debate on the actual or practical support side of the issue.

meh.

+1. And Gluemanz, see post #330.

Top Bottom