• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why should I have to wait for the need to arise to be able to carry a rifle? When will I know? Will there be a newspaper article? Will there be an announcement on the tv? Will you call me? There is always a need to defend ourselves. If I knew when I would need my firearm, I wouldn't need it because I would just avoid the situation.

So based on this, I can assume that you also OC a fire extinguisher as well? Fires are pretty random, hurt tons of people, and destory lots of property. The odds of you needing a fire extinguisher to protect life/property are much greater than the odds you needing a firearm in a particular instance.

-I'd like to take credit for the analogy but I'd seen it a while back

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm not even reading 27 pages of this... Was there a point to carrying a long gun into a restaurant? Did they serve really ****ty food to you last time? I mean, I know that McD's takes forever and often screws up orders but jeez, just go to the one on Hart St.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not even reading 27 pages of this... Was there a point to carrying a long gun into a restaurant? Did they serve really ****ty food to you last time? I mean, I know that McD's takes forever and often screws up orders but jeez, just go to the one on Hart St.

:popcorn:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So based on this, I can assume that you also OC a fire extinguisher as well? Fires are pretty random, hurt tons of people, and destory lots of property. The odds of you needing a fire extinguisher to protect life/property are much greater than the odds you needing a firearm in a particular instance.

Fire Extinguishers are in most or all buildings I do business in.
    When they start having pistols or rifles available, I might have to rethink my carry.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    In my rifle, nope, in my handgun yes. So, I'll ask again, and please let's not answer a question with a question. Does that guy have a round chambered in his rifle?

No clue if the gentleman had a round holstered, however, if it's my only firearm on my person, I am carrying with a round chambered. If you were ONLY carrying a rifle, no handgun, would you carry with a round chambered? You admit that your handgun has a round chambered, presumably since it is your main firearm?

Nope, fire extinguishers are a bit bulky. I do see them in a lot of places though, does that make a difference? :dunno:I do carry a first aid kit though, since I'm likely to most likely to come upon an injured person.
    OP states his reasoning for carrying the rifle was he has a LTCH but no handgun.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No clue if the gentleman had a round holstered, however, if it's my only firearm on my person, I am carrying with a round chambered. If you were ONLY carrying a rifle, no handgunm would you carry with a round chambered? You admit that your handgun has a round chambered, presumably since it is your main firearm?

Ok, so you only have a rifle, and you carry with a round chambered. In which fashion is this instrument of destruction being carried/slung?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Ok, so you only have a rifle, and you carry with a round chambered. In which fashion is this instrument of destruction being carried/slung?

However is comfortable for me and is still safe. Obviously it won't be at the low ready.

Or is there a socially acceptable response I should be looking for here? IWB? Under my jacket? Taped to my forehead?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Going back to another member who said (paraphrasing) "the cops keep their ARs in the trunk until a serious threat is present" I guess I follow that analogy. I have two all-metal commercial grade FEs in my house, and one in my trunk at all times. ;) (Why yes, I DO work for a life/safety company, why do you ask?)

N00B. Go to your UserCP in the upper right, go to general settings, and change the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page:" to 40. Then you only have to sort through ~7 pages of arguments. :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If the soccer moms are scared of it, the police are scared of it, and gunowners don't approve, we can go ala California and just make it illegal. What's the use of keeping it legal if it's something you can do but nobody thinks you should?
    Problem is worse than that. We can't even do it.

:):.......I've said 'afore..........'OC'.......with some these dudes .......ain't nuth'n more'na a sausage wagg'n contest.......:):
    then how do you explain my choice to OC?

No hate here....just common sense. Do you not see this????
    No. I don't see how allowing a legal act to be prohibited by LE is common sense.

The open carry hand guns is one thing, but the rifle? To me, unless there is a serious case of civil unrest going on from coast to coast, I think that was just a tad over the top. But, to each his own.:twocents:
    What's the difference?

If we do not police "our own" :rolleyes: through education and opinion then public opinion will have the state of Indiana doing it through law changes that none of us want.
    BS. This is about controlling other people. Instead of working on changing public opinion, some would prefer to let public opinion change us. No thanks.

The difference is modesty. In a cultured intelligent society, reasonable modesty preferrable. What's the differnce between a beach bikini, and lingerie bikini? Essentailly nothing... but one is less modest than the other.
    There is no difference in either bikini.

Just not really sure what this accomplishes... I would hate to live in society where carrying an AR was normal.
    Because living in one where people are afraid of them and a legal behavior is prohibited by force is better?

I would love to live in a society where it's normal for everyone to carry whatever they feel the most comfortable using whether it was a handgun or rifle.
    That'll never happen if we keep telling the ones who want to do it to stop.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Suppose we all decide to start carrying long guns into public restaurants. What do you all think will ultimately happen? How long will it take? Will it be a net gain or loss of rights?

Can't be a gain, of course, because we already have the right to do so. Do we want to keep it? Or should we run the risk of trying to normalize the behavior in hopes of desensitizing the public? I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know how that would turn out.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If for whatever reason you don't exercise your rights, two things happen: 1) you make it easier for people to legislate them away because, hey... nobody exercises them anyway, and 2) you won't miss them when they're gone.

Top Bottom