Open carry bike (motorcycle) ride/meet-greet/shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGO Shooters and Scooters T-shirt colors

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There are clearing barrels at ECPR to unload into.

Shooter can reload where they feel safe to do so, As long as it is not on the ECPR property.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    How much riding do people want to do? I threw this map together off the top of my head. It starts and ends at ECPR, with stops at the Atterbury range and Bloomington. It has some interstate/highway travel and some twisty scenic routes down south as it cuts through Brown County State Park. Google Maps puts it at 191 miles (about 5 hours).

INGO ride idea 1

What are peoples' opinions on this?
    Too long? Too short?
    Should we add more ranges?

Last edited:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm excited about this! How about August 13? (I'm not teaching a class that day - my only open Saturday till November.)

To further show our support, ECPR will also offer a special range fee for participants: our single-day pass is usually $25, and a one-hour pass is $15. For the First Annual "Shooters on Scooters" event at ECPR (copyright pending ;)), all participants can shoot all day (before and after ride) for $10. We'll also have ammo for sale at reasonable prices, so you don't have to worry about making a separate stop or have to carry a bunch of ammo around all day.

Of course, if you already have a season pass or a ten-visit pass, we'll honor that too.

We may have to have some t-shirts made too. Does anyone know a graphic artist who could design an appropriately cool logo? I mean - guns & bikes - how could it not be cool?

What do you think?

Guy

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Im totally ok with the route you came up with, Ninja. However, depending on the amount of participants Atterbury may pose a problem unless we can notify them in advance and get permission.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Guy - What about those that just want to hang their ride target, take their 10 shots, and leave? Will they be subject to range charges as well?

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    I'm good with the route I would try to make it. Can this topic be tagged or sticky or what ever so it stays on the top until the ride happens?

Last edited:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm excited about this! How about August 13?

Please, please, pleeassssssssse not that day. My friend is graduating from police academy and I've promised to attend the ceremony. Although I guess if that's the only day you can do it I'll just have to suck it up :(

What about Sunday the 21st? Are you free that day?

Im totally ok with the route you came up with, Ninja. However, depending on the amount of participants Atterbury may pose a problem unless we can notify them in advance and get permission.

They have a bunch of lanes, so I don't think accommodating all the people will be a problem, except they will probably want some extra RO's on hand. I'll give them a call tomorrow (they're closed today) to ask about about it and see if they have a problem with that. I'll also see what kind of fees for range time they would want.

Do we want to do two poker shoots? One at ECPR and one at Atterbury? Or would Atterbury just be a place to hang out for a little bit and do some shooting (no prizes involved)?

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What kind of things would you guys like to see on a t-shirt? I have a friend that I could talk to about doing the graphic design work, but I want some ideas from you guys (and girls) first.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Guy - What about those that just want to hang their ride target, take their 10 shots, and leave? Will they be subject to range charges as well?

Oh! I was thinking that people would want to do quite a bit of shooting - like an hour or so both before and after the ride.

Let's get a poll going - how much shooting do people want to do? I certainly don't want to charge anyone $10 for only taking ten shots. (Well, I do, but I don't think I could get away with it.) ;)

Last edited:

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Sunday the 21st is great with me. I think Matt (Relatively Ninja) is going to take the lead on this. My work schedule is restricting me more than I thought it would. If you need any assistance or anything please let me know. I still want to be apart of putting this together.

Tony

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'm excited about this! How about August 13? (I'm not teaching a class that day - my only open Saturday till November.)

To further show our support, ECPR will also offer a special range fee for participants: our single-day pass is usually $25, and a one-hour pass is $15. For the First Annual "Shooters on Scooters" event at ECPR (copyright pending ;)), all participants can shoot all day (before and after ride) for $10. We'll also have ammo for sale at reasonable prices, so you don't have to worry about making a separate stop or have to carry a bunch of ammo around all day.

Of course, if you already have a season pass or a ten-visit pass, we'll honor that too.

We may have to have some t-shirts made too. Does anyone know a graphic artist who could design an appropriately cool logo? I mean - guns & bikes - how could it not be cool?

What do you think?

Guy

I might be able to come up with something graphic wise. Let me work on it tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom