• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm always acutely aware of my right hip when I'm carrying, and especially anyone entering my "personal bubble" from that angle.

You might think you could grab an OCer's weapon easily - I also bet that would be the last thing you'd ever grab for a vast majority of them. There are probably some with poor SA or a momentary slip in SA but I doubt that's very many.

I would have repped you for that but Obama says the 1% needs to give their fair share.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    In rereading the OP it says the EMU version of the story mentions the citizen who stepped up to help the victim secured the weapon and returned it to the guy. That means he wrestled it away or the perp dropped the piece and ran (unlikely if he already had the gun. Why not just start shooting?) I wonder what really happened. That's different than the linked story.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I meant to post the above in purple. The Serpa doesn't have a very strong belt loop attachment. I think the paddle might be a little stronger but both have had recall notices about the mounting screws being pulled through the plastic. Hell, a 5 year old girl could probably rip one of those right off your belt! Check your screws for the required washers if you are still using one of those. I switched over to a Safariland ALS. ;)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So, what is going to stop the blood from making contact with you?

A blunt object is much less likely to produce a gushing wound than a knife. It isn't fool proof of course but many things I have read from reputable trainers also consider blunt force a better stopper than a cutting tool.

Perhaps less intimidation but if they are going after someone OCing a handgun I think the intimidation factor has proven nill.

ETA: I believe esrice had a thread about it here.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I meant to post the above in purple. The Serpa doesn't have a very strong belt loop attachment. I think the paddle might be a little stronger but both have had recall notices about the mounting screws being pulled through the plastic. Hell, a 5 year old girl could probably rip one of those right off your belt! Check your screws for the required washers if you are still using one of those. I switched over to a Safariland ALS. ;)

You're putting it nicely, Blackhawk stuff is pure crap and dangerous.

SL is good stuff.

This whole story is why I prefer CC, I don't see many advantages to OC except excercising the right. If I do OC on rare occassion, my head is definitely on a swivel and my arm is almost always in contact with my gun.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh great, Now the rabid CC'rs will have something to whip out at the OC'rs and say "See!?!"

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I have never seen such blatant lies and gossip spread on the internut. You guys will fall for anything and I do mean anything. I have it on a good word from many INGO'er's that these things have never happened and will never happen and if you believe they happen - you are just an OC basher.

So, when an INGO member demands proof that it has ever happened - just agree with them and know this never happened and if it did it is just an isolated incident.​

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Oh great, Now the rabid CC'rs will have something to whip out at the OC'rs and say "See!?!"

I disagree...

Here's why:

1. The attacker had "The Element of Surprise" yet failed to complete his objective.

2. Whether or not anyone ever had control of the gun NO ONE was shot, first last or otherwise.

3. The often discounted third party proved helpful here which decreases the odds that the attacker was planning on shooting the victim with his stolen gun.

4. We had a 'perfect storm' of actions and consequences yet it failed to deliver thier fabled outcomes.

5. If he was CCing and the attacker wanted his watch he could have knocked him out cold, taken his watch, wallet and oh! Whats this? A GUN!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have never seen such blatant lies and gossip spread on the internut. You guys will fall for anything and I do mean anything. I have it on a good word from many INGO'er's that these things have never happened and will never happen and if you believe they happen - you are just an OC basher.​

So, when an INGO member demands proof that it has ever happened - just agree with them and know this never happened and if it did it is just an isolated incident.​

Contrary to what you typically post not many of us are ignorant or foolish enough to believe that no harm would come to us if we OC. That is the main reason to carry a gun right? So that we are better prepared for unknown circumstances that we find ourselves in?

Lets try to keep the OC bashing to a minimum as I think we ALL have something to learn from this.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So the guy is an "open carry advocate" and he just happens to be the one that some dumb ass tries to jack? Sounds kinda fishy to me, remember, the anti gun crowds stupidity knows no bounds, and trying to grab someones gun is pretty stupid.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Contrary to what you typically post not many of us are ignorant or foolish enough to believe that no harm would come to us if we OC. That is the main reason to carry a gun right? So that we are better prepared for unknown circumstances that we find ourselves in?

Lets try to keep the OC bashing to a minimum as I think we ALL have something to learn from this.

Contrary to what you think I post - I do not think OC'ers are foolish. I do think there are follish OC'ers just like there are jack-legged CC'ers.

What I am poking at is this notion on here that
    a) only CC'ers bash OC'ers and never the other way and
    2) that whenever this comes up an OC'er will demand proof (in a duragatory way) and will not be satisfied if proof is shown

I have never said OC or CC is better as a whole. Personally, I CC and that is my choice. I thank the OC'ers for helping spread the awreness - I do not think it is a foolish way to carry if smartly done.

Of course you know all this from reading my posts, but want to say that an OC'er will "believe that no harm would come to us if we OC". I have typed the majority of my own posts but missed that in proofreading.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    As far as the serpa holster goes, I have one and can barely take the darned thing off when I get to work. The one I have seems like a fine piece of plastic. I trust it. With all equip there is good and bad. BTW I have never shot myself while drawing my gun from this holster

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    STILL can't take a gun away from an OC'er.

Please continue to look for an exaple of someone other than a 5 year old girl taking someone's gun away.

Top Bottom