Open act of civil disobedience in DC on July 4th....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    THIS IS JUST AN OBSERVATION!

Many are concerned about what this might do to further impede our rights.
    Many are concerned this event is inviting havoc to our peaceful lives.

Others see this as a necessary step to re-emphasize the power of the people.
    Others are tired of the ever increasing slope of legislation against our freedoms.

It's a shame that this mans efforts are being willed to fail even though he stated he will submit to authority when it comes down to it. This is a litmus test, this is not 'A' or 'THE' revolution everyone is so inclined to say it is.

And when his march fails, and he submits to authorities for arrest, everyone of us couch commandos will say 'I knew it was a bad idea'.

I'm not disagreeing with you, you make some very good points. Just to add an observation of my own, many of us myself included, have jobs that would immediately disappear in the event of an arrest with a conviction. Not only would my current job disappear, my ability to work in my present line of work would disappear for at least 5 years. That would destroy me financially. I have to ask myself, is there a need to put myself in that situation? At least at this point in time? My thought is that the day may very well come when the preservation of our freedoms takes priority over our current work situations. I hope and pray that that never happens, and I don't think it's come to that point yet - although I realize there are many who would strongly disagree with me. I think we have many effective means at our disposal to change the current tide of anti-gun hysteria without offering ourselves up as sacrificial lambs. I don't think our system of government is totally broke just yet, we are actually witnessing a shift in the momentum of the gun control debate right now. Personally, I can do a lot more for our cause if I remain a free man, gainfully employed, than I can if I am incarcerated, and as a result have to scratch for a job and a living, faced with foreclosure on my home, vehicles, etc.. Not to mention that I would not only be putting myself in that position, but my wife as well. When the time comes I will fight that battle if I must, but I don't think we're there just yet. I wish the folks all the best who participate in the march on July 4th, I hope that there are no arrests or violence as a result. I also hope they will understand why I can't be there.

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm not disagreeing with you, you make some very good points. Just to add an observation of my own, many of us myself included, have jobs that would immediately disappear in the event of an arrest with a conviction. Not only would my current job disappear, my ability to work in my present line of work would disappear for at least 5 years. That would destroy me financially. I have to ask myself, is there a need to put myself in that situation? At least at this point in time? My thought is that the day may very well come when the preservation of our freedoms takes priority over our current work situations. I hope and pray that that never happens, and I don't think it's come to that point yet - although I realize there are many who would strongly disagree with me. I think we have many effective means at our disposal to change the current tide of anti-gun hysteria without offering ourselves up as sacrificial lambs. I don't think our system of government is totally broke just yet, we are actually witnessing a shift in the momentum of the gun control debate right now. Personally, I can do a lot more for our cause if I remain a free man, gainfully employed, than I can if I am incarcerated, and as a result have to scratch for a job and a living, faced with foreclosure on my home, vehicles, etc.. Not to mention that I would not only be putting myself in that position, but my wife as well. When the time comes I will fight that battle if I must, but I don't think we're there just yet. I wish the folks all the best who participate in the march on July 4th, I hope that there are no arrests or violence as a result. I also hope they will understand why I can't be there.

I feel ya. I'm first and foremost a father. I must protect my family. Becoming a non citizen (felon) would destroy my world. What makes me mad though is how we're slowly being legislated into becoming felons the more anti American bills are secretly passed to keep us in our figurative cages and to shut up.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I feel ya. I'm first and foremost a father. I must protect my family. Becoming a non citizen (felon) would destroy my world. What makes me mad though is how we're slowly being legislated into becoming felons the more anti American bills are secretly passed to keep us in our figurative cages and to shut up.

Name one bill that has passed that has legislated you into a felon and shut you up.

Just one.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Name one bill that has passed that has legislated you into a felon and shut you up.

Just one.

Just one, ok.

H.R. 347

"This bill, better known to those in the DC beltway as the 'Trespass Bill' potentially makes peaceable protest anywhere in the U.S. a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison." source

HR347

The secret service can set up zones at their discretion to disallow peaceable protest making free speech a felony. Show up for a protest one day, suddenly you're a felon. Now how many people want to show up for a protest knowing that?

I was figuratively making an observation of the atmosphere of our freedoms and where they seem to be going. I didn't make a literal statement that I or someone else had been legislated into a felon. I was simply looking at the road we're on and seeing where it seems to be going.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Just one.

Every gun law attempts to do that.

Accidental Felon.

It is against Federal Law to have a firearm within 1000 ft of a school.
    Unless you are licensed by the State.
    State Law says you can not carry onto school property.
    Or a school event off property.
    Unless you are dropping off a child and you remain in control of the vehicle.
    But you can't leave it in the glove compartment to get your little girl that is crying.
    Or you can't let your wife drive, cause then you wouldn't be in control of the vehicle.
    Or both you and your wife can't carry, because both cannot be in control of the vehicle.

You can carry your gun at State/Federal Parks.
    But not if it's under control of the Army Corp of Engineers.
    But they don't mark their property so that you can't accidently cross into it.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Just one, ok.

H.R. 347

"This bill, better known to those in the DC beltway as the 'Trespass Bill' potentially makes peaceable protest anywhere in the U.S. a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison." source

HR347

The secret service can set up zones at their discretion to disallow peaceable protest making free speech a felony. Show up for a protest one day, suddenly you're a felon. Now how many people want to show up for a protest knowing that?

I was figuratively making an observation of the atmosphere of our freedoms and where they seem to be going. I didn't make a literal statement that I or someone else had been legislated into a felon. I was simply looking at the road we're on and seeing where it seems to be going.

I didn't see anything in that bill that does anything other than establish fines and penalties for entering and remaining in restricted Federal buildings, or preventing the conduct of government business by disrupting or causing a disturbance at said buildings.

Certain areas of federal property are restricted due to a legitimate government interest. I don't see a problem with that.

:dunno:

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013

Accidental Felon.

It is against Federal Law to have a firearm within 1000 ft of a school.
    Or a school event off property.
    But you can't leave it in the glove compartment to get your little girl that is crying.
    Or you can't let your wife drive, cause then you wouldn't be in control of the vehicle.
    Or both you and your wife can't carry, because both cannot be in control of the vehicle.

I understand the myriad of regulations and laws that can potentially turn someone into an accidental felon, and I agree with you. I was thinking more along the lines of laws passed that directly turned people into felons, which I don't see happening.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Accidental Felon.

It is against Federal Law to have a firearm within 1000 ft of a school.I live within 1000 feet of a school, should me and the neighbors turn ourselves in?
    Or a school event off property. I think a bill just passed in Indiana that changed this one

In red

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I understand the myriad of regulations and laws that can potentially turn someone into an accidental felon, and I agree with you. I was thinking more along the lines of laws passed that directly turned people into felons, which I don't see happening.

:dunno:

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I think a better strategy here would be to take over the bridge with a 1000 rifleman and stand on the border with DC. Rotate some people up and down the border line. Guage reaction from DC. I wouldn't cross over into "occupied territory" with 999 rifleman unless I had absolutely nothing to loose.

That's a good idea. Have riflemen stand at the border of DC and give Kokesh a megaphone. After all, a seige can be more effective than an invasion. It would still make good symbolism, antagonize the communists in DC, hopefully will get media coverage, and still be legal (I think).

If Kokesh goes through with the "invasion", I hope their are more independent video cameras there than firearms.That way, if there are agent provocateurs, hopefully they will be caught and exposed.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i am on the fence on this. i applaud that he is up off his tail and trying to get something going. i cant go do something like this and get arrested at this point, so i will not be attending. i spend most of my free weekends teaching marksmanship and our heritage to my fellow americans in an attempt to get as many people off the couch and involved in the political process as possible. i know i am helping, and will continue to fight the good fight in my own way.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Oh you mean like the laws just passed in New York? Turn em in or have a date with bubba.

Does this new Obamacare law have criminal punishment for those who don't submit and bow down or just civil?

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    IF this happens, I pray for an uneventful day. NO bloodshed, NO arrests, NO AlexJones. This is a terrible idea, but most Revolutionary ones are. More power to the ones that participate, and I only wish them the best, the whole nation will be watching on the edge of their seats.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Loaded gun? Sadly I must agree that's a bad idea. DC is in violation of the Constitution and really doesn't care. Things would turn out badly. (I really wish I didn't believe this, but I do.)

Everyone should carry one empty 30 round magazine. Perhaps with the follower and spring removed. The police didn't arrest David Gregory. The DC Prosecutor declined to prosecute David Gregory. Anything they did under that circumstance would show them to be hypocrites. Would they care? I'm inclined to doubt it. None the less, just exactly what could they do? How could they whine "terrorists" over an empty piece of plastic? Particularly when one of their own was allowed to get away with waving a 30 round magazine on National TV?

Just a thought.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    While I support a pro 2nd Amendment march, marching on DC with loaded weapons is the same as picking a fight with the authorities. What would they expect the authorities to do, back down? I understand that they wouldn't offer any resistance should they be arrested, but the risk for accidental violence on both sides is extremely high. I agree with jve153. They should carry mock weapons or toy weapons to make their point if they think it is necessary for it to be an armed march.

We, the pro 2nd Amendment supporters are the law abiding and we should be able to express our views without breaking the law. If it should come to the point where we need to break the law, then that will be the time to fight, not demonstrate.

Just my :twocents: for what it's worth.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    When one breaks unjust laws it doesn't mean you're no longer a law abiding person...

Maybe, but you should damned well know the type of media coverage they will receive. All it takes is for one idiot on either side to discharge a round and this could become a bloodbath very quickly. The aftermath could be even worse.

Top Bottom