Open act of civil disobedience in DC on July 4th....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    You know by writing checks and contacting our elected officials that we stopped Toomey-Manchin, right?

Rosa Parks was part of a larger, coordinated effort which used reason and argument. If and when the time is right for another Rosa (or Dick or Otis) it will not be in this manner.

If you believe what you just said, then IMHO your head is buried in the sand. Our elected officials care NOTHING about what their constituency wants, PERIOD.

Gunner

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    If we're interested in changing opinions, this is a stupid idea. Civil disobedience takes on a different character when you've got hundreds or thousands of people carrying illegal weapons. It becomes insurrection. Not a great image for opinion-changing.

Rosa Parks wasn't armed. You can be certain that incident would have ended differently had she been sporting a gun.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    If you believe what you just said, then IMHO your head is buried in the sand. Our elected officials care NOTHING about what their constituency wants, PERIOD.

Gunner

i hope at least some of you realize that the reason we were given the "right to vote" in this country was to prevent revolutions from happening, because your leaders are afraid of you.

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    this has the potential of doing more harm then good. Very bad idea!! with that many people the odds of someone doing something stupid is very high. Hell at the gun show this year someone shot them self. It would only take one for all hell to break loose.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    why else would they want to take our guns?

Do you really think that they want our guns because our leaders are afraid of us? I can tell you this, if our tyrannical federal government wanted to they would murder every last person in this country man, woman and child with no reason whatsoever, is it likely nope, but look at Kent State, or Wounded Knee, or even Ruby Ridge. The government will do what it wants, and no amount of guns or ammo will be able to stop them. I also truly believe that if they needed to, the FEDGOV wouldnt hesitate to drop a nuke on us.

Gunner

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Do you really think that they want our guns because our leaders are afraid of us? I can tell you this, if our tyrannical federal government wanted to they would murder every last person in this country man, woman and child with no reason whatsoever, is it likely nope, but look at Kent State, or Wounded Knee, or even Ruby Ridge. The government will do what it wants, and no amount of guns or ammo will be able to stop them. I also truly believe that if they needed to, the FEDGOV wouldnt hesitate to drop a nuke on us.

Gunner

This.
    Our government far from fears us. A huge portion of our nation is uneducated and weak minded. You really think that is something to be feared? If anything, most people fear our government, because a lot of people depend on our government. Just as you and I worry about losing our jobs, a lot worry about losing that free check from the government.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I am a little undecided on this. I think it has the potential to be very very bad! Also, if it were to be done completely peacfully, it could be good.
    I know there were some 2A people at a rally at the capital that I wish were not wearing camo and combat boots (no I am not opposed to those that have served, no I am not opposed to camo and yes this is my opinion). My concern is making it easier for the media to make some people look like nut jobs.
    I am not usually an advocate of breaking the law. I think things should be done to prefent stupid laws and and all of that.
    I am also a fan of free speech and of not only showing your opinion, but demostrating it.
    I am conflicted on it, but will keep an eye on it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The National guard murderers are the one's who murdered the Kent State students, but do you really think that the DC police would hesitate for one second to open fire murdering innocent people?

Gunner

Yeah, I do. I don't officers in DC are looking forward to killing anybody, innocent or not.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    to gunnerdan
    i'm confused about something. you say you believe the Gov wouldn't hesitate to nuke us, then imply you're not sure who's side you should be on... that's called "cognitive dissonance".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just don't think anything will come of this that advances the cause of liberty. They won't even get close to d.c. To do this. You can be sure the Feds are now watching this guy and anyone close to him. They will stop them and lock them up so fast it wont even delay traffic. Like the Feds are gonna let anyone just walk into d.c. Armed. Even if it were legal they would make up some administrative rule to stop it, much like how we can't carry on the Indiana statehouse grounds or inside, or at the state fair.
    Govt will do what it wants PERIOD whether its legal or not. Who is gonna stop them?
    I understand where this guy is coming from but all he is gonna end up as is someone's c** dumpster.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I just don't think anything will come of this that advances the cause of liberty. They won't even get close to d.c. To do this. You can be sure the Feds are now watching this guy and anyone close to him. They will stop them and lock them up so fast it wont even delay traffic. Like the Feds are gonna let anyone just walk into d.c. Armed. Even if it were legal they would make up some administrative rule to stop it, much like how we can't carry on the Indiana statehouse grounds or inside, or at the state fair.
    Govt will do what it wants PERIOD whether its legal or not. Who is gonna stop them?
    I understand where this guy is coming from but all he is gonna end up as is someone's c** dumpster.

I will get slammed for saying this again, and I know that this is supposed to be a Open Carry march on DC, but if someone wants to carry within the confines of the FEDERAL ENCLAVE that DC is, just carry a KelTec P3AT in a pocket holster. DEEP CONCEAL and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Gunner

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

With respect, I disagree.

While there are grounds for cynicism there is also a battle for the culture. Let's look at at another civil rights struggle, the struggle of African-Americans.

If any people had potential grounds to go to DC with guns, it was the African-Americans. However, MLK, came with arguments and speeches, not guns. Instead the Civil Rights Movement argued, petitioned, and changed the culture to produced the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and a tremendous swing in the culture.

Change the culture, change the world.

This is a disagreement with tactics, not strategic goals. I believe our efforts will be more productive elsewhere.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom