• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    True, we've entered into full-on moral relativism. Nevertheless, kudos that Trump never claimed to be a, "good, honest husband."

You mean like the moral relativism of trying to equate the death penalty (which is society remedying the inclusion of a member deemed too dangerous to walk among us) and abortion (which is virtually always the murder of the truly innocent as a matter of convenience) as somehow being two sides of the same all life is sacred coin

Or is it less existential, and you mourn the loss of the ability of the 'righteous' in society to be able to tell others how to live their lives. I for one don't want to forbid others from making bad choices, I just want them fully exposed to the consequences thereof. Moral hazard can in many ways be more destructive than moral relativism, you only really learn something about touching the stove by being burnt

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, for starters, referring to immigrants as "trafficked people", and proposing the idea that the church is only helping refugees for $. Maybe in her world everything is tied to money, but for others, they have a Higher Calling.

Where is Lead eye when you need him? How much per refugee? enabling breaking US laws?

Then there's the self-victimization, "WASP are no longer the supermajority!" Of course, that's to be expected from someone that restricts her children's playmates based on given names.

Yeah the WASPs built it and the Muslims have taken it over and are tearing it down and physically threatening WASPs. Are/were there Muslim no go zones when the WASPs ran the country? When muslims infiltrate your neighborhood, take it over and make it a no go zone and rape parties roam the neighborhood it will ce convert or else.

Then there's the invoking of Holocaust all without a bit of irony.

Jesus could look into a mans heart and declare there was no guile and I believe Him. You not so much.

EDIT:
    Then at the end, "we fight back for America, for our god, and for your land."

Which god is that? Lemme guess: whichever one isn't Allah.

Yeah, he is the only one with no tolerance for me.

And yeah, I do Like her. If for no other reason than where that video was recorded and who her detractors are.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think we can find common ground in stating that illegal immigration, Muslims or otherwise, is bad.

And any US laws broken, that's bad too.

But that's a bit of goalpost move, (of course this whole thread is shifting!) as we started discussing Omar, and why we shouldn't allow a Muslim to hold office, then why any Muslim immigrants are bad, and does Islam call for death and does every Muslim agree with that.

I guess if we keep moving it far enough, we can agree on something, and maybe let this thread die, as I think it's reached it's end of life.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Next time it comes up in your CP, feel free to hit unsubscribe. Then you will not have to suffer those with whom you disagree.

You are not constrained to read or participate in threads you don't want to.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's amazing how much you know about some obscure Brit whom I've never heard of until this morning. Or Idunno. Maybe she's very famous and I just don't get out much.

Likewise, I never really knew much of anything about Rashida Tlaib before this week, yet one interview comment about the Holocaust (and some history revision thrown in for good measure) is enough condemn her.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I do concur with that condemnation (I was the one that posted it here, ya know).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Next time it comes up in your CP, feel free to hit unsubscribe. Then you will not have to suffer those with whom you disagree.

Ah, come'on, Tom - I'm really not that offensive, am I? ;)

I highly doubt you're concerned with my mood or mental anguish, so you're offer for me to avoid this thread, must have more to do with the fact that I sing a different note from everyone else in the choir - a note that you find rather displeasing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But the source of those actions is crucial to the discussion at hand. Is it from the texts, or is it from a corrupt preacher manipulating interpretations of that text to suit their political ambitions? The answer determines the "solution"/next action to try and minimize the problem, doesn't it? If it's the text itself then it can be determined that the problem is with Islam itself. If it's the preachers then the problem is with Muslims, not Islam.

Case in point, Westboro Baptist, abortion clinic bombers, etc. Is the problem with the Bible (or any other scripture)? Or is the problem with those groups' corrupt interpretations of the texts? And doesn't the obvious answer of corrupt interpretation result in our course of action, which is not blaming the Bible, or thinking all other Christians are complicit in their corrupt interpretation, and instead, blaming only the extremists?

You are leaving out an extremely important point, which is what the book in fact says. You are correct that the doctrine of Westboro takes very little from what the Bible actually says. You conflated this with the assumption that aggressive Moslems are the ones who are acting on a faulty interpretation of their book. I have it on the authority of another INGO member who is a practicing Moslem that Islam is a more pragmatic religion which allows more flexibility to a given believer than does Christian doctrine. From the passages of the Koran I have reviewed which apply to the issue at hand, I would say that both general groups can make a solid argument. There is no argument this side of delusional fantasy to use the Bible to justify the doctrine and behavior of Westboro.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You are leaving out an extremely important point, which is what the book in fact says. You are correct that the doctrine of Westboro takes very little from what the Bible actually says. You conflated this with the assumption that aggressive Moslems are the ones who are acting on a faulty interpretation of their book. I have it on the authority of another INGO member who is a practicing Moslem that Islam is a more pragmatic religion which allows more flexibility to a given believer than does Christian doctrine. From the passages of the Koran I have reviewed which apply to the issue at hand, I would say that both general groups can make a solid argument. There is no argument this side of delusional fantasy to use the Bible to justify the doctrine and behavior of Westboro.

For the record:
    tenor.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I guess if we keep moving it far enough, we can agree on something, and maybe let this thread die, as I think it's reached it's end of life.

I highly doubt you're concerned with my mood or mental anguish, so you're offer for me to avoid this thread, must have more to do with the fact that I sing a different note from everyone else in the choir - a note that you find rather displeasing.

To add context.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Likewise, I never really knew much of anything about Rashida Tlaib before this week, yet one interview comment about the Holocaust (and some history revision thrown in for good measure) is enough condemn her.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I do concur with that condemnation (I was the one that posted it here, ya know).

Time out! Weren't you the one willing to use a single mention (from 2017, I believe) of a final solution to drag that Brit woman? Does the 'one interview comment' standard vary according to whether you agree with the direction the inquisition is taking?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Well, I suppose off key and flat does qualify as different :stickpoke:

Hi, Jetta

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think we can find common ground in stating that illegal immigration, Muslims or otherwise, is bad.

But that's a bit of goalpost move, (of course this whole thread is shifting!) as we started discussing Omar, and why we shouldn't allow a Muslim to hold office, then why any Muslim immigrants are bad, and does Islam call for death and does every Muslim agree with that.

As neither you nor Tom is the OP, I'm not sure that's an option on your drop down menu

Edit: Real outrage (not the SJW kind) has a relatively long half life (See: Trump's level of support with the general public)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    :scratch:

I know you are complementing jamil here but I'm still confused...

No, I along with Printcraft I'm sure would like an answer to the hard questions of the day; was Printcraft being insulted? Was Jamil being complemented? What is the truth?!? It cannot die until the hard questions are solved!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The topic appears to be at the drifting off stage. As soon as she says something really stupid, the topic will revive. So prolly really soon.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    There's one big problem with that here.

THIS is a recent (2017) video, taken in the Mall of America, in her district in MN. Seriously.......

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...3C453B8C4D1AEDE29AD23C453B8C4D1AEDE&FORM=VIRE

The Obama administration placed over 35,000 Somali Muslim refugees in Minnesota....plenty enough to get a radical elected to congress. Keep in mind the state of Minnesota elected a pro rassler for their governor, and a comedian for a Senator. They ain't what we call long on bright up there.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Obama administration placed over 35,000 Somali Muslim refugees in Minnesota....plenty enough to get a radical elected to congress. Keep in mind the state of Minnesota elected a pro rassler for their governor, and a comedian for a Senator. They ain't what we call long on bright up there.

Minnesota's had a long history of Dem. and progressives (somewhat ironic), so not a big surprise.

I'm looking, but can't find a source stating 35,000. Do you have a source for that?

I did find this map, but it shows that the distribution is much more dispersed than just MN, and no where near 35K in MN.
    I pretty sure that Bug can vouch for the fact that Columbus, OH has their share of Somali refugees. And I did taxes for a Somali family here in Fort Wayne - so. many. children. Took me forever to type in all those names and each time ask, "Is XXX a girl or boy?" Fun fact: the parents didn't know their exact birthdate; their listed DOB is Jan 1, 19XX.

USSomaliMap-large.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/meme-misleads-on-minnesotas-somali-refugees/
    Meme Misleads on Minnesota’s Somali Refugees

FactCheck.org rated middle of the political spectrum with factual reporting very high

“Obama resettled 70,000 SOMALIAN REFUGEES in MINNESOTA,” the meme reads. “No wonder ILHAN OMAR was elected. IT WAS PLANNED.”
    That number is wrong. In fact, it’s larger than the total number of Somali refugees resettled throughout the entire U.S. under Obama.

From the day Obama took office — Jan. 20, 2009 — to the last full day of his presidency — Jan. 19, 2017 — there were 54,514 Somali refugees that arrived in the U.S., according to the State Department’s Refugee Processing Center. Of those, 6,320 went to Minnesota.

The exact size of the Somali population in Minnesota is hard to pin down. U.S. Census Bureau data provide some insight: The 2013-2017 American Community Survey five-year estimate shows 52,333 people in Minnesota who cited full or partial Somali ancestry. The Census Bureau’s one-year estimate for 2017, however, pegs that figure higher — at an estimated 69,479 people (though the one-year estimate has a higher margin of error than the five-year estimate).

The Census website also does provide some information by congressional district. We know that the 5th District has 58,225 residents of Subsaharan African ancestry, according to the 2017 one-year estimate, but there’s no breakdown provided on how many are from Somalia.

Either way,
    both the Somali population estimates for the entire state — and the Subsaharan African population in the 5th District — are all still well below the 267,703 total votes Omar received in her district when she was elected in November with about 78 percent of the vote.

Top Bottom