• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    To me it is a simple process when electing officials: look at who they are and what they stand for and ask yourself "do I want this person to have control over my children and grandchildren?" and then cast my vote...

Her district was crammed full of Somali Muslims ( alleged refugees ) by Obama....The DNC has over 90 Muslims lined up to run for congress in 2020.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not need to know anything beside the fact that they are wrong.

Their actions tell me everything I need to know.

I'm sure you're a great witness.
    No. Just no! You READ IT that way.

My point was, they fervently do as the Quran tells them to do. Never said there was anything WRONG about it.

OK.

I wonder how many Muslims in America observe that practice.

Maybe there Imam reads it to them, IDK. What I do know ​is, I give up on you people. Ya'll are acting stupid the last couple days.
    giphy.gif

Oh come on man.......The Imams tell them what to do. Makes it so much easier.
    They keep the masses uneducated so they can be easily manipulated. If you cannot read then you can not disprove anything you are told.
    True. Therein lies the problem.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I hope you're not leaning toward the trope that we [allow me the liberty of using that term] are just as guilty as they are, because bad deeds in the past can be attributed to people claiming allegiance to superficially similar ideas and whose decisions and actions we cannot now affect did something considered reprehensible by modern standards.

The 'by modern standards' is the important concept. If you are judging us by modern standards rather than, say, 12th century standards; then you must judge them so as well. Although we had a near 7 century headstart on civilizing our religion, we will not be giving them until 2648 to get their act together - modern standards will not allow it
    Not sure I know what you are asking but will try to answer; on a personal level I would say that I used to be as guilty as they are, but I am now forgiven, and they are not, yet. I probably do not intrinsically understand enough about history to grasp what you are getting at judging someone be modern standards compared to ancient, you may have to break it down Barney style if you want me to understand. Or not, up to you. (no smartalec tone intended here!) When I wrote about the herd mentality I was strictly thinking about her modern locale, and how her constituents could act or project a certain attitude that would be worse than an individual relationship, and how that large people group could be controlled, or perceived.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Oh come on man.......The Imams tell them what to do. Makes it so much easier.

That's exactly my point. They can't think for themselves. They are manipulated by mullahs turned politicians/warlords. They are not taking the Qu'ran's words, they are listening to a politician's interpretation of them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

More specific to prayer, this Pew study says only 42% pray all five times* a day. 40% pray less than daily.
    This study shows that the number of people saying religion is very important to them is almost the same for Christians and Muslims ~67%

But ignore all that variability. We're stupid if we don't see them as all doing the same thing and believing the same thing.

* Note, there are five daily prayer times, not six.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I do not need to know anything beside the fact that they are wrong.

Their actions tell me everything I need to know.

But the source of those actions is crucial to the discussion at hand. Is it from the texts, or is it from a corrupt preacher manipulating interpretations of that text to suit their political ambitions? The answer determines the "solution"/next action to try and minimize the problem, doesn't it? If it's the text itself then it can be determined that the problem is with Islam itself. If it's the preachers then the problem is with Muslims, not Islam.

Case in point, Westboro Baptist, abortion clinic bombers, etc. Is the problem with the Bible (or any other scripture)? Or is the problem with those groups' corrupt interpretations of the texts? And doesn't the obvious answer of corrupt interpretation result in our course of action, which is not blaming the Bible, or thinking all other Christians are complicit in their corrupt interpretation, and instead, blaming only the extremists?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can we expand this thread cover Rashida Tlaib?
    There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports, And, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And, I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways, but they did it in a way that took their human dignity away and it was forced on them.

W.T.F. Calming?!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rashida-tlaib-holocaust-calming-feeling-house-gop

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They hold to the general Islamic view.

As far as being a witness, I have spoken to many Muslims and many Arab non Muslims.

Most of those that called themselves Palestinians told me they would gladly go back and kill Jews.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;RbQ1zwhnotU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbQ1zwhnotU[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is the most incoherent sentence I have ever seen you write.

Tay wut?

Top Bottom