From the back of the gun safe, The one I shoot probably the most.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    So, For this one it's not really something rare, or something a lot of people haven't seen, but it's one of my current favorites that I use in Competition. So I shoot 2-gun and USPSA at club levels and before buying a Staccato I figured I'd see if I even like the 2011 platform. While perusing local gun shops my father in law called me up and said, "Hey they have one of those springfields that you want" at that time I was thinking I wanted a TRP but I also wanted a prodigy. I walked into the shop and this was sitting there sub 4 figures. I looked at the worker who I buy from constantly and he told me I'm going to buy it. Normally I hate commander sized 1911's and told him I'm probably not. I want the 5 inch version. He laughed at me and said he knows I'm going to buy it. Finally I ask him why and he says, "Because it's got 5 mags with it" at that point I started reaching in my pocket while he's reaching for the 4473. Now it's been my competition gun for several matches and I've loved every single one of them.

Also pictured, is my EDC pen, A fisher space commemorative, a Citizen that I wear every day, and a Howard Viele Spyderco. IMG_1785.jpeg

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    So, For this one it's not really something rare, or something a lot of people haven't seen, but it's one of my current favorites that I use in Competition. So I shoot 2-gun and USPSA at club levels and before buying a Staccato I figured I'd see if I even like the 2011 platform. While perusing local gun shops my father in law called me up and said, "Hey they have one of those springfields that you want" at that time I was thinking I wanted a TRP but I also wanted a prodigy. I walked into the shop and this was sitting there sub 4 figures. I looked at the worker who I buy from constantly and he told me I'm going to buy it. Normally I hate commander sized 1911's and told him I'm probably not. I want the 5 inch version. He laughed at me and said he knows I'm going to buy it. Finally I ask him why and he says, "Because it's got 5 mags with it" at that point I started reaching in my pocket while he's reaching for the 4473. Now it's been my competition gun for several matches and I've loved every single one of them.

Also pictured, is my EDC pen, A fisher space commemorative, a Citizen that I wear every day, and a Howard Viele Spyderco. View attachment 380421
    Nice story and nice picture composition, but no bourbon this time ... somewhat disappointing.

You set the bar pretty high with your other posts!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Love that! Not to thread jack (ok a little) there is a somewhat famous story that during the cold war Space race, the Astronauts were bragging to the Cosmonauts, about our "space" pen that can write in the zero G environment, and all the development it involved...The cosmonauts stated "We use a Pencil"

Top Bottom