OK NWI INGOers, is this your mail carrier?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Isn't that if you self-report, though? Not post-accident or random drug test failure?
    Nahh, incident related. I don't know of many who have self reported.
    We have an EAP.... Employee assistance program. Drug/alcohol issues on the job will get you in the program where you remain under probation for 12 mos. Random drug or alcohol testing and mandatory substance abuse counseling.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nahh, incident related. I don't know of many who have self reported.
    We have an EAP.... Employee assistance program. Drug/alcohol issues on the job will get you in the program where you remain under probation for 12 mos. Random drug or alcohol testing and mandatory substance abuse counseling.

Ah. Certainly doesn't apply to us. If you self-report you can't get fired for it as long as you do the counseling, improve, etc. Have an incident or pop on a test and you're up for termination.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Ah. Certainly doesn't apply to us. If you self-report you can't get fired for it as long as you do the counseling, improve, etc. Have an incident or pop on a test and you're up for termination.
    We don't have any random testing, only pre-employment. You have to REALLY want to get fired....to get fired.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've heard stories of people being drunk/stoned/cracked out in cranes and other mobile equipment and keeping their jobs because all they had to do is say "I have a problem and I need help" and go through a program. Call off without a Dr. Note 3 or 4 times within 4 years is almost treated with the same amount of disdain. Oof.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I can't understand how she kept her job after the 1st one earlier this year. Government workers, I guess? Wouldn't the state have already taken her license?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, I had a small panic attack.

I bought a cheap smart watch on a whim via FB. LSS it appeared to be a scam. Then I got tracking via DHL. OK, maybe not a scam. A week passes and I expect the watch to arrive from the left coast, and on schedule, I get notice that a DHL package will arrive via USPS Monday via Informed delivery.

I get busy and forget about it until tonight. Wait, I dont have the watch. So I check the USPS email and it says it was delivered Monday. I dont have it so I assume it was snatched.
    I check the video, and I see it dropped off, and then me picking up the package after I get home from work. Dafu???? No, that was an ebay delivery.

Turns out the watch hadnt even left CA yet. It took a week for DHL to hand it off to USPS.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You're not going to believe this, but I was chosen for a random BAC level at work. When they saw my level, I was immediately forced to down a tumbler of Glenlivet followed by a Manhattan before a re-check.

Law firms....go figure.
    I knew that show "Suits" was real!

Top Bottom