• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Yes, at the RK in Kokomo, the salesman said he didn't like the Glock pistols because they have the hammer hidden inside the frame. And they told me the H&R single shot rifles and shotguns are still being manufactured.
    And Lafayette RK would not unlock the display Armscor 45 (the only one they had) so I could check the trigger pull, safety, etc, unless I bought the gun first.

The store here in Decatur isn't that bad. I've picked up a few pistols there, as well as ammo & some accessories. When I made my last purchase, the gun counter clerk gladly removed the lock from the display gun so I could check out the fit in a holster and handle the weapon. I bought the gun, the holster, and a few boxes of ammo. And when I get my rebate, I will probably go back to buy more ammo.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm not sure why but I actually find this really funny! I would have laughed out loud if I were there in person for this I think... However, I'm the same guy who had to cover his mouth to keep from yelling polo while some woman was apparently calling for a guy named Marco in walmart the other day.

The look I got from my gf the other day. A big guy walked past me the other day at the Wally and I immediately yelled Polo. If looks could kill.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I work part time selling firearms at rural king. Not because I need the money but because I enjoy educating and helping people make good decisions when purchasing firearms. Plus the discount on ammo lol. Trust me working behind the counter I hear some of the most ridiculous things imaginable.

Naw, not in Martinstucky !

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    The RK in Kokomo brought out a Henry 22 in a box and told me I couldn't look at the gun until I purchased it.???? New RK firearm law?

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    The RK in Kokomo brought out a Henry 22 in a box and told me I couldn't look at the gun until I purchased it.???? New RK firearm law?

Not saying this didn't happen but the SOP is to always let the customer inspect the firearm for any defects. I would have definitely told them to "pound sand" !

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Happened 2 months ago, and I did go elsewhere. Wont ever go back to that store. Salesman was not busy and extremely rude. When I asked to see the rifle (looking for the nicest looking wood) I was told when I filled out paperwork and purchased it, I could then look at it. I laughed and went to MC Sports and found a very nicely grained golden boy which I happily bought.

w-ryle-x

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    What do you expect from a store where you can buy plate-sized belt buckles, carhart's entire catalog, and live chickens in a single trip.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    For those of you who work at Rural King. Is Big R the same company as Rural King, and if so, do they have the same sales? I made a purchase at the Big R in Michigan City, and the credit card statement showed Rural King as the company.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What do you expect from a store where you can buy plate-sized belt buckles, carhart's entire catalog, and live chickens in a single trip.

You would expect folks that knew what they were talking about behind the gun counter in a country oriented store like that. :dunno:
    That said, in the Bloomington store they don't know much about anything rural related, much less guns. I don't even go back to the gun section there.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Did you happen to work today? I called down and talked to someone about the Anderson lowers that are out of stock. Whoever helped me was very helpful. Didnt know I could order them at RK website and have shipped at no cost or transfer. Thanks for your help.

I've tried to look at the firearms through the website to no avail...

I was able to find my store's local add and then put things on a "wish list" that you're supposed to print out and take with you - but nothing at all about ordering something online and having it shipped to the store.

Can anyone else walk me through it?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I've tried to look at the firearms through the website to no avail...

I was able to find my store's local add and then put things on a "wish list" that you're supposed to print out and take with you - but nothing at all about ordering something online and having it shipped to the store.

Can anyone else walk me through it?

Phone number for RK guns is located upper right on the page. Call them and they will guide tou through it.

Top Bottom