• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Instead of belittling the employee, why doesn't someone just tell him what is right? I am no where close to a gun nut and know almost nothing about ARs, but every small piece of information is a step in the right direction.

Just ain't the INGO way. If that had been done, we'd have to find another less-informed person to belittle thereby proving our own intelligence!

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    King31,

If you REALLY want to see someone catching Hell, pop over to the "You don't need a dually" thread. I hope the OP has some asbestos underwear on.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The Bedford Indiana Rural King employees
    treated me like an idiot when I told them that they had a gun miss marked. They had a Smith and Wesson Air weight marked as the same price as a 686. I told them that they placed the guns in the wrong position, under the wrong price tags. The employee's treated me like an idiot. My only regret is not demanding that they sell me a Smith and Wesson 686 for a 642 price.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i was at the morgan ave store in Evansville, and behind the counter was a sheet that had "4473 mistake rate" one employee had a 47% mistake rate! I had to clean my glasses and check again, I was right 47%!

but people don't forget the "rural king anomaly"....they sell guns, but not accessories for them! back before Christmas, they had a walter ppq for 250.00!...but no magazines for them! a couple of weeks ago the put a 9mm armscorp 1911 on sale....but no mags!, flat top ar's but NO rings or scopes!

if you work in a gun shop, you can tell when rural king has a sale,

it go's like this
    phone rings
    us "hello bobs gun shop"
    them "do you have 9mm mags for a 1911?"
    us "no we don't stock them, I can order them"
    them "rural king said you had them"
    us "rural kings wrong"

or the same conversation for holsters, or 3 years ago when everybody was out of ammo, people would buy a gun from rural king, and they didn't have ammo and said "go to billy-jo-jim-bobs gushop, they have ammo" and the people got in their car, drove to us, and we said, sorry, we're holding ammo for people who buy guns from us, I had a guy yell at me cause I wouldn't sell him ammo!, I looked at him and said (after a few minutes of him yelling at me) "you bought a gun, at a store that didn't have ammo, and you're yelling at me?, if you bought a new car, that didn't have tires, who's fault is that!"

I've said it before, and i'll say it again,"rural king, where people of walmart go to feel good about themselves"

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I guess I am somewhat odd. I have been collecting firearms for many years. I NEVER purchase a firearm based on ANY salesperson, even those that seem quite knowledgeable. I always research a firearm prior to purchase or are already fairly informed about one at a Gun Show I find at a reasonable price. Most people wouldn't trust a car salesman to select a vehicle for them would they? Why would anyone take a salesman's word on which firearm to purchase?

I also don't fault a person selling firearms for not knowing everything about them, our local RK has a whole lot of different firearms in stock. I consider myself pretty well informed on most styles and models of firearms, but am very sure there are many people that know more than me, especially when it comes to firearms they own and one's i don't own. My son and I have a collection of around 100 firearms, from old mil surplus to new S&W's, Colt's and Kimber. Heck, I'm sure there are people that could teach me things I don't know about some of the guns I have owned for years!

To be quite honest, although my Son has an AR, and I have a LR-.308, and I am familiar with the fact some BCG's are advertised as having a full auto bolt, I don't know what the difference is in the bolts. I do know it has little effect on the firearm and that conversion to full auto requires a lot of other parts. (Unlike the Russian AK's and SKS's).

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I guess I am somewhat odd. I have been collecting firearms for many years. I NEVER purchase a firearm based on ANY salesperson, even those that seem quite knowledgeable. I always research a firearm prior to purchase or are already fairly informed about one at a Gun Show I find at a reasonable price. Most people wouldn't trust a car salesman to select a vehicle for them would they? Why would anyone take a salesman's word on which firearm to purchase?

I also don't fault a person selling firearms for not knowing everything about them, our local RK has a whole lot of different firearms in stock. I consider myself pretty well informed on most styles and models of firearms, but am very sure there are many people that know more than me, especially when it comes to firearms they own and one's i don't own. My son and I have a collection of around 100 firearms, from old mil surplus to new S&W's, Colt's and Kimber. Heck, I'm sure there are people that could teach me things I don't know about some of the guns I have owned for years!

To be quite honest, although my Son has an AR, and I have a LR-.308, and I am familiar with the fact some BCG's are advertised as having a full auto bolt, I don't know what the difference is in the bolts. I do know it has little effect on the firearm and that conversion to full auto requires a lot of other parts. (Unlike the Russian AK's and SKS's).
    View attachment 44915

more metal, heavier, so more durable, longer life(like most of us will ever shoot out a semi auto bcg),and safer in a full auto m16

and per the atf, full auto parts in a upper=OK, full auto parts in a lower= a vacation in club fed!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Relaxxxx guys, Possum will reinform the individual...RK is one of the larger retail establishments (in this area ) that is NOT being politically correct.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    i was at the morgan ave store in Evansville, and behind the counter was a sheet that had "4473 mistake rate" one employee had a 47% mistake rate! I had to clean my glasses and check again, I was right 47%!

but people don't forget the "rural king anomaly"....they sell guns, but not accessories for them! back before Christmas, they had a walter ppq for 250.00!...but no magazines for them! a couple of weeks ago the put a 9mm armscorp 1911 on sale....but no mags!, flat top ar's but NO rings or scopes!

if you work in a gun shop, you can tell when rural king has a sale,

it go's like this
    phone rings
    us "hello bobs gun shop"
    them "do you have 9mm mags for a 1911?"
    us "no we don't stock them, I can order them"
    them "rural king said you had them"
    us "rural kings wrong"

or the same conversation for holsters, or 3 years ago when everybody was out of ammo, people would buy a gun from rural king, and they didn't have ammo and said "go to billy-jo-jim-bobs gushop, they have ammo" and the people got in their car, drove to us, and we said, sorry, we're holding ammo for people who buy guns from us, I had a guy yell at me cause I wouldn't sell him ammo!, I looked at him and said (after a few minutes of him yelling at me) "you bought a gun, at a store that didn't have ammo, and you're yelling at me?, if you bought a new car, that didn't have tires, who's fault is that!"

I've said it before, and i'll say it again,"rural king, where people of walmart go to feel good about themselves"

Now thats funny!

I saw a guy Saturday go in to RK and buy his one-per-day ration of M22 500 box to come in later in different clothes to buy another box of M22. They were out then. Dang horders!

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Relaxxxx guys, Possum will reinform the individual...RK is one of the larger retail establishments (in this area ) that is NOT being politically correct.

Sorry Dan but believe me, I have tried to reform said person but I'm afraid he is a lost cause.

Just remember folks, stupid people work at every gun shop not just at Rural King, they are everywhere, I know we have all seen them. Don't pass judgment on a business because of one employee. Come and talk to us other guys, we are not that uninformed.

Last edited:

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    I usually end up at RK once or twice a week for stuff, always have to take a stroll by the gun counter to see if there's any reasonable priced .22 (LOL) or any good sale prices. A couple of my recent favorites:

Customer: I want an AR I can hunt deer with
    Clerk: They only make ARs in 223 and 556

Clerk: This is an AR-15, it shoots a 223 round
    Customer: Is that a pretty big bullet?
    Clerk: Ohhhh yeeeaaahhh

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    Hahaha. Good one! My biggest pet peeve is when a lady walks in to buy a "self defense gun with low recoil" and a guy hands her a .22. has happened too many times. Any gun is better than no gun I guess

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sorry Dan but believe me, I have tried to reform said person but I'm afraid he is a lost cause.

Just remember folks, stupid people work at every gun shop not just at Rural King, they are everywhere, I know we have all seen them. Don't pass judgment on a business because of one employee. Come and talk to us other guys we are not that uninformed.

Lots of cool stuff at Rural King. Why can't this "smart" person work in another department?

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I don't go into Rural King here in Bloomington very often. What I've noticed back at the gun counter is, there is either someone working who knows their stuff, or they sound like the guy in the OP. As years go by, I just find myself laughing when I hear these stories. I used to get so irritated by it all, but now I find it so humorous that guys can come up with this BS. I usually just let them tell me their "facts" and politely wander off. To be fair, this definitely isn't just a RK thing.

Makes for good entertainment at least.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Now thats funny!

I saw a guy Saturday go in to RK and buy his one-per-day ration of M22 500 box to come in later in different clothes to buy another box of M22. They were out then. Dang horders!

I've not had good luck with M22...the few times we bought we always seemed to have a larger number of duds than anytime we had CCI bulk ammo. Maybe it's just us...but I'd never hoard M22...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    :ugh:It wasn't me, I didn't work yesterday. Pretty sure I know who it was though.

Did you happen to work today? I called down and talked to someone about the Anderson lowers that are out of stock. Whoever helped me was very helpful. Didnt know I could order them at RK website and have shipped at no cost or transfer. Thanks for your help.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Did you happen to work today? I called down and talked to someone about the Anderson lowers that are out of stock. Whoever helped me was very helpful. Didnt know I could order them at RK website and have shipped at no cost or transfer. Thanks for your help.
    That was me and I'm glad I was able to help.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Yes, at the RK in Kokomo, the salesman said he didn't like the Glock pistols because they have the hammer hidden inside the frame. And they told me the H&R single shot rifles and shotguns are still being manufactured.
    And Lafayette RK would not unlock the display Armscor 45 (the only one they had) so I could check the trigger pull, safety, etc, unless I bought the gun first.

Top Bottom