• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The reporting I've seen indicated that as a candidate, Trump doesn't have the protection assets a President has... air surveillance and Secret Service counter-sniper were both mentioned. (some reporting says the counter snipers were secret service... don't know if they were or not, but they look like local/state SWAT. types to me)

Also reported were multiple requests for additional protection details that were refused by DHS... definitely would like to see the proof/papertrail on those.
    Again, the Secret Service has publicly stated that the reported calls for additional security for Trumps rally is false.
    No requests for additional security were made by the Trump campaign.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Anyone else think the audio was strange? Like you don't hear the sound of the bullets and you should they're right by the microphone and they should have been supersonic. Maybe 300blk subsonic?
    modern day audio , mics would have gate compression on to protect against loud noises such as being dropped or bumped, system might have background noise reduction, so a loud fast moving sound would be filtered
    out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Alll the anti-trump rhetoric we’ve heard over the past 8 or 9 years, from news sources, pundits, Hollywood, Democrats, that become a sort of stochastic terrorism. It’s not surprising that when you convince almost half the country that Trump is literally Hitler, why would some of those delusional idiots not think they’re doing the world a favor by taking out Hitler?

Yes the shooter is ultimately responsible, assuming the conspiracy theories aren’t true. The people gaslighting the gullible to think they should rid the world of literally Hitler bear the responsibility of transmitting the idea.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Well. I've never thought of DJT as a particularly religious person. I mean he has to act the part if he's going to win the GOP over, anyway. But, you go through an experience like that, where if several factors were different, you might be dead. That might tend to make a believer.
    "No atheists in fox holes" is the old saying, eh?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The reporting I've seen indicated that as a candidate, Trump doesn't have the protection assets a President has... air surveillance and Secret Service counter-sniper were both mentioned. (some reporting says the counter snipers were secret service... don't know if they were or not, but they look like local/state SWAT. types to me)

Also reported were multiple requests for additional protection details that were refused by DHS... definitely would like to see the proof/papertrail on those.
    They are Secret Service.

webp

Trump is both a candidate and a former president.
    So is he more protected than a candidate who wouldn't be a former president? :dunno:

Are candidate even protected before they are officially nominated as candidates? I'm not sure.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It just occurred to me that this is how it would have gone had the other dude been up there.

Off topic but, several years back when we still had a couple of kids living at home, I would quote that movie all the time, especially “he hates these cans” or “these cans are defective”. My kids would always roll their eyes whenever I did it. None of them had ever seen the movie, so one weekend, I decided we were all gonna sit down and watch it together. They laughed so hard they had tears rolling down their faces!

That was 8-10 years ago, and they still reference that movie occasionally.

Top Bottom