• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I keep wondering if I was MAGA hat guy outside the perimeter if I would have been clever enough to pull my carry and put a few rounds into the air to get the SS to react. Yes, I realize I would have to do it from cover as I would be shot.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Even as a police officer it might have been the quicker way (faster than radio) to get the president to cover.

Very risky especially as a civilian of course. So either smart or very dumb, or both.

And if you did that you could have actually said "Hold my beer ..." before pulling your gun out! :): :patriot:
    It would have been epic if you survived doing that.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I would be also curious to know how many people were on rooftops around the perimeter at that time. Just watching or taking pictures.

It's not like people are not allowed to get on their roof to see the event from OUTSIDE the secured perimeter.
    Can people who own private property around the event even refuse to have cops on their roof? :dunno:

If the SS had only a few snipers they can't scan a huge crowd, and can't shoot until a clear threat is detected.

Today is Bastille Day in France. Our president rides an open-top car in Paris.
    They have dozens of snipers deployed on rooftops all over the motorcade's route.
    I can't imagine how many potential threats they are scanning with hundreds of people on their balcony along the route.

-131944.jpg

That shooting position seems like it would get uncomfortable pretty quickly.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Okay according to what I'm watching they said the shooter was known by them. Fbi or SS spokesman. If I can get a link I'll post it. You Google guru's if you find it post it.

Edit
    It was on ABC news. If that helps

Is this where I am supposed to act surprised and shocked?

See post 178

My wager is some "deep state agent" "known to the fbi" acting as a "lone wolf".

Those who scream for tolerance are often the most intolerant creatures of all.

Expect both wings of the uniparty to attempt further infringements upon the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the States.

When the central state is so large that folks believe a single man elected as its executive can impact their life to such a degree that they are willing to kill, the central state is too large.

Dissolve it.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Having seen the “average” shooter at the public ranges I am not at all surprised but very thankful that clown missed. People who purchase a gun and shoot it maybe once a year always vastly over estimate their own abilities.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You have multiple agencies working together with different radio frequencies and chains of command ... I assume.
    If a member of the public notify a local cop that someone is on a roof it takes some time before the intel reaches someone from Trump's security detail.

And even more time before someone in charge decides to evacuate Trump.
    It's not like local cop can talk directly into the ear piece of Trump's bodyguards who are right next to him, and give them orders.
    After our 911, lots of those problems were fixed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I saw an interview of a woman who said trump was talking about some charts on immigration and had turned to talk about a chart to his right just before getting shot. She said if he had not turned his head it could have been very different.

The target can move as you fire and then you miss. That may have been the case here.

So often at the end of the day it just comes down to luck. President Trump was lucky, or as Mr. Spock would say, random variables have operated in his favor.;)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    For what it's worth, Bethel Park, where they say the shooter lived, is a little over an hour drive (based on Googlemaps) from Butler. That would make it easier for one or more reconnaissance inspections prior to the event. The relatively short distance adds a little crime-of-opportunity flavor to things, at least in terms of required planning and preparation.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Nosir. This is a family friendly site. If you’re going to post something like that, either needs to be linked, or using the spoiler button to hide the images to a casual browser.
    Violent and bloody stuff like that needs to require the user to positively click through to see it.
    So we can have the “ladies in bikinis holding fish” thread back if we put every pic behind the “spoiler” button?

And Go Trump!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    From someone who has worked more Presidential, Vice Presidential, and Presidential Candidate security details with USSS than I can remember, you'd be surprised the amount of budget cuts they have been through. They also suffer from the same recruiting issue as all US LE is suffering from post 2020 riots. I've worked details where there were only a handful of USSS working a VP visit and they were begging for local PD help to cover the gaps...and we were short as well. It doesn't take a conspiracy for this to happen. I'm surprised it doesn't more often.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Love Trump or hate Trump we should all be thankful that he was not killed yesterday. We have seen some people riot celebrating their favorite team winning a championship, this could have been the same thing. And some Trump supporters might have rioted too. It would start small and potentially spread over a large area. How long would the violence have lasted and at what cost to life and property?
    I thank God that Trump was not seriously injured and pray to God there is no violent retaliation against Biden or anybody else that would push us further down the path of destruction.

Top Bottom