Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    They are Secret Service.

webp

Trump is both a candidate and a former president.
    So is he more protected than a candidate who wouldn't be a former president? :dunno:

Are candidate even protected before they are officially nominated as candidates? I'm not sure.
    So if you only get two counter snipers it is obviously best deployment thinking to put them right next to each other on the same roof. And have them looking in the same direction too.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The reporting I've seen indicated that as a candidate, Trump doesn't have the protection assets a President has... air surveillance and Secret Service counter-sniper were both mentioned. (some reporting says the counter snipers were secret service... don't know if they were or not, but they look like local/state SWAT. types to me)

Also reported were multiple requests for additional protection details that were refused by DHS... definitely would like to see the proof/papertrail on those.
    I've never seen USSS snipers for anyone but the POTU?S detail. Likely local SWAT.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Witness there stated he drive by that place every day. He said Trump was near there for a rally 4 years ago.

He said last time there was 3-4 SS or cops on ever single roof top. His wife said she never felt so safe. You couldn’t help but notice.

This Trump rally he saw no one on the roofs… he was shocked.
    4 years ago? Like when he was still President? Huge difference.

Reactions: Mij

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They said Trump’s campaign did not ask for additional security. If that’s false, the campaign can challenge that statement pretty easily. If they don’t I think it’s safe to take the statement as true.
    Yeah. That kind of thing should have some sort of paper trail.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    They said Trump’s campaign did not ask for additional security. If that’s false, the campaign can challenge that statement pretty easily. If they don’t I think it’s safe to take the statement as true.
    There is a need for accuracy here. It could be(and seems likely) that Trump's campaign requested additional security multiple times at various time points and were refused. Now we come to this rally and Trump's campaign does not bother to request additional security because they know they won't get it.

What exactly did secret service say? That Trump's campaign had never requested additional security or that they had not requested additional security FOR THIS RALLY.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have only been flipping through 15 different news channels, but I think it was on SCRIPPS that I heard it was a USSS sniper that took down Crooks.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I think the shooter was at the other end of the roof and there was no tree in the way.
    That YouTube video that explains all that. Shooter was just far enough down for him to clear the tree but leave the tree in the way of the SS snipers. Actually, good positioning. Might explain why the SS snipers did not shoot right away, they had trouble making out what it was they saw.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    That YouTube video that explains all that. Shooter was just far enough down for him to clear the tree but leave the tree in the way of the SS snipers. Actually, good positioning. Might explain why the SS snipers did not shoot right away, they had trouble making out what it was they saw.
    Yet another reason why that particular area/roof should have been locked down if the CS team did not have a visual on that section of the roof.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Right. Just saw that, changed my thinking and deleted my post.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Why so little information on the innocent victims? Presumably the families have been notified.

Where were they sitting? I'm assuming the bleachers on the far right, or to Trump's left.

Top Bottom