• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    There’s the report of the cop who confronted Crooks on the roof. He got up there somehow. Likely he used the same ladder Crooks used. I bet his dad was like, “where’s my ladder? I know it was in the garage hanging on the hooks.” :scratch:
    Few pages back. According to CNN he picked it up on the way from a home depot and put it in his Sodona...along with another stop to get 50 rounds of ammo(am I wrong or does 5.56 not come in 20 round boxes?). CNN article says 5ft ladder. The one in the picture is clearly 10ft and would never fit in a sodona

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just spitballing, maybe the "5'" ladder he bought was one of those multi position things. I've got one of those, too, and fully put out it's about 16' tall as an extension type ladder. Although they haven't shown anything even resembling that on any coverage I've seen. Mine is like this...

View attachment 366333
    I have one of these that could easily fit in my front seat. Point made,but we have only seen the one and it is reported he went from that lower roof to the upper one and was seen doing it.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Few pages back. According to CNN he picked it up on the way from a home depot and put it in his Sodona...along with another stop to get 50 rounds of ammo(am I wrong or does 5.56 not come in 20 round boxes?). CNN article says 5ft ladder. The one in the picture is clearly 10ft and would never fit in a sodona
    You can buy it in 50 round, 100 round, 250 round, 500round and 1000 round boxes as well as 20 round boxes. I love how the hags from the view asked “why was he not reported to the authorities for buying 50 rounds of ammo”

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I have one of these that could easily fit in my front seat. Point made,but we have only seen the one and it is reported he went from that lower roof to the upper one and was seen doing it.

That's why I said we'd been shown nothing resembling that. From all the coverage, the only ladder that's been seen is a solid 10-12' industrial grade ladder.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Is he supposed to have bought the ladder, and the ammo, the same day on his way to the rally?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You can buy it in 50 round, 100 round, 250 round, 500round and 1000 round boxes as well as 20 round boxes. I love how the hags from the view asked “why was he not reported to the authorities for buying 50 rounds of ammo”
    The view is insane. I have only seen short clips showing that insanity, but that does not shock me at all. They probably called it justified to.

I usually buy ammo by the case and those usually have 20rd boxes :)

Last edited:

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    No matter what ladder he used or what car he drove, something is really odd here. HOW did he get a ladder to the building AND walk up to it carrying a rifle? With cops supposedly looking for him? On top of a building occupied by cops? A lot of things are weird here. I suppose it could be total systemic incompetence. Could be, but my spidy senses are starting to tingle. Could just be my allergies though….

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There’s the report of the cop who confronted Crooks on the roof. He got up there somehow. Likely he used the same ladder Crooks used. I bet his dad was like, “where’s my ladder? I know it was in the garage hanging on the hooks.” :scratch:
    Various reports say the cop stood on another cop’s shoulders to look over the edge, and was at a different side of the building.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's why I said we'd been shown nothing resembling that. From all the coverage, the only ladder that's been seen is a solid 10-12' industrial grade ladder.
    And since we don’t have real time pics of the ladder pre-shooting, we can’t be sure it wasn’t put up for access by Leo after he was down to facilitate access without having to be “boosted up”.

I think folks are looking at pics and making assumptions that it was there the whole time.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    No company would leave a ladder out like that. It is way to much of an insurance liablity (teenagers ect) and that company has been in business a long time. I expect they have a fairly high standard for mainance based on their other work(glass testing).

At this point I am not even sure they did not set it up for him(FBI ECT).
    My guess would be that the kid used the ladder that he brought, and that ladder isn't shown in any of the photos, maybe because it's in a spot that's blocked from view. And, the two different ladders that I've seen in photos were put there after the fact, for easier access to the roof.

The more I learn about this, the harder it is for me to believe that he was able to do it. Not sure if it's harder to imagine that he could just pull in and park somewhere right near those buildings, or that he parked somewhere else and nonchalantly carried a backpack, AR, and a ladder to the building that, by the way, was the staging point for counter-snipers.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    And since we don’t have real time pics of the ladder pre-shooting, we can’t be sure it wasn’t put up for access by Leo after he was down to facilitate access without having to be “boosted up”.

I think folks are looking at pics and making assumptions that it was there the whole time.
    The point people started alerting the police is when the shooter moved from that lower roof to the upper one. The other connected roof was visible in some of the videos taken from the ground and it would have been even more obvious if he came from it. I think he came up that small roof, likely on that ladder(that did appear in the very first drone images,with his body and rifle still on the roof). I do not believe at all he got on that roof anywhere with just a 5ft ladder.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Is he supposed to have bought the ladder, and the ammo, the same day on his way to the rally?
    you posted it.

"
    Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said.

Then, Crooks drove his Hyundai Sonata about an hour north, joining thousands of people from around the region who flocked to Trump’s rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. He parked the car outside the rally, with an improvised explosive device hidden in the trunk that was wired to a transmitter he carried, the official said. Then, investigators believe, he used his newly-bought ladder to scale a nearby building, and opened fire on the former president."

No way a 5ft ladder got him on that roof(unless it was the telescoping type).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom