• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Having done "hired gun" event work for a studio in my deep dark past, it's all about prediction and anticipation, watching human behavior and knowing the body language predicting what the subject will do next. With SLRs, if you saw it -- the desired photo -- through the viewfinder -- you didn't get it on the film. Some of the skill came with experience and one had to also anticipate with an SLR the lag time between pressing the shutter release, then the mirror going up, all before the focal plane shutter traveled across the film gate. Measure the lag between shutter press and shutter travel in several tens of milliseconds depending on the SLR, about ~20 mS or so. By comparison, 1/120th second, a common shutter speed, is just a hair over 8 mS.
    Speaking of taking pictures

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    No matter her role she was carrying a firearm and appeared to be very poorly trained in the use of it.
    I was shot at tens of times in the GWOT and involved in many critical incidents as an LEO.

I am positive if there were multiple cameras following me and others involved, it would catch many moments we wish we could do over.

I was carrying a wounded soldier during a firefight, and the barrel of my rifle got tangled up in my legs and I dropped him. I must have been a DEI enlistment.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    She's an easy target. I get it. I mean, it appears that nothing she did or did not do had anything with Pres. Trump or anyone else being shot. A crowd is pressing in at an emergent moment and she and other agents are scanning the crowd...but sure, they must be incompetent...I mean, they are women.

I agree that there appears to have been a SS and security failure- no doubt. But are we interested in whose failure that was or have we found a DEI drum to beat and facts be damned?

Is there a DEI problem in the SS? Sure could be, but we have no idea whether that had anything to do with this. As for the single frame "hiding behind her protectee"- that's a pretty lame argument. I suppose that with Pres. Trump completely surrounded by others she could have dog-piled on top, but I'm not too sure that would have been helpful.

Did she react correctly? Damned if I know. Should she keep her job? Again, damned if I know. Was she a DEI hire? No one knows at this point. Did that have anything to do with anything in this situation? Probably not. We should probably check with the sniper team and other SS agents (man or woman) who didn't engage the shooter until after several people on the ground saw the shooter and were yelling about it and after the shooter got off several rounds to find out how DEI kept them from reacting sooner.

IMHO

If there was a high level of incompetence that day shown by leadership...this young woman makes a pretty good scapegoat to divert the blame away from the higher ups, or perhaps more importantly, the truth...

IMHO

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I was shot at tens of times in the GWOT and involved in many critical incidents as an LEO.

I am positive if there were multiple cameras following me and others involved, it would catch many moments we wish we could do over.

I was carrying a wounded soldier during a firefight, and the barrel of my rifle got tangled up in my legs and I dropped him. I must have been a DEI enlistment.
    Not the same situation but thank you for your service. :patriot:

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    She's an easy target. I get it. I mean, it appears that nothing she did or did not do had anything with Pres. Trump or anyone else being shot. A crowd is pressing in at an emergent moment and she and other agents are scanning the crowd...but sure, they must be incompetent...I mean, they are women.

I agree that there appears to have been a SS and security failure- no doubt. But are we interested in whose failure that was or have we found a DEI drum to beat and facts be damned?

Is there a DEI problem in the SS? Sure could be, but we have no idea whether that had anything to do with this. As for the single frame "hiding behind her protectee"- that's a pretty lame argument. I suppose that with Pres. Trump completely surrounded by others she could have dog-piled on top, but I'm not too sure that would have been helpful.

Did she react correctly? Damned if I know. Should she keep her job? Again, damned if I know. Was she a DEI hire? No one knows at this point. Did that have anything to do with anything in this situation? Probably not. We should probably check with the sniper team and other SS agents (man or woman) who didn't engage the shooter until after several people on the ground saw the shooter and were yelling about it and after the shooter got off several rounds to find out how DEI kept them from reacting sooner.
    What's happening is she is receiving the brunt of societies frustration about DEI because of some questionable actions in this intense situation. Tensions and emotions are high surrounding the incident. We do not know if she is DEI hire.

What people do know and react to is the fact that the government is publicly pushing this agenda hard core and people do not appreciate the constant propaganda thrown in their face. Many people have to deal with this woke agenda at their workplaces, including "training and classes" and their patience is wearing thin. This is what occurs when people are tired of the :poop:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Leaving that building uncovered whether by evil intent, or negligence, that is on the Secret Service. Even if they delegated it to local law enforcement outside of whatever “bubble” the Secret Service was covering, it’s still their command responsibility to make sure all the bases are covered.

So they are either incompetent or corrupt. Some choice. I’m going with incompetent, DEI or no DEI.

In the meantime, their prep for the RNC is coming along nicely:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It is dignitary protection, everyone has an assigned role. Without knowing what each persons role was, it is just speculation to point to specific individuals and claim they acted appropriately or inappropriately.
    I have watched enough movies though. I am now an expert in assessing dignitary protection roles and their execution. Also advanced weapons handling and tactics. I have watched Bodyguard with Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner at least 6 times and taken notes. I have used the line, "this is my safety" multiple times. I believe my credentials to be impeccable when it comes to judging others based on the milliseconds captured in a single photograph.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Not the same situation but thank you for your service. :patriot:
    Your right, it is not the exact same situation. It is a situation that you could break down and, without any other context or information, easily use to indict me as incompetent or poorly trained. I blocked the wrong intersection at a fatal accident once, I misheard an address once and said I was responding to an incident on the other side of the county, I got my car stuck in a snow drift on my way to a domestic, I locked my keys in a running patrol car, and on and on and on. I made mistakes, learned from them, and moved on. If she made mistakes here, hopefully she can learn from them and move on too.

Top Bottom