• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So there's video where the local SWAT team said they never met with or communicated with USSS prior to the event. They claim that local LEO's radioed/ put out communication regarding the suspicious person (at the time). Then after civilians informed them of a person on the roof there had to be some communication of that for there to be so many swarming about. Why hasn't the local LE agency or agencies release that communication? I believe most police radio traffic is recorded as is communication through their in vehicle laptops.
    That should be an easy way to pinpoint when they knew there was a security breach.

Certainly there would be a delay in that info getting to USSS on the ground. But why wouldn't there be a USSS agent in charge in direct communication with the local LE officer in charge on site? Did both agencies have a mobil command center on site? If so, I would think they should have been linked in direct communication with each other.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So there's video where the local SWAT team said they never met with or communicated with USSS prior to the event. They claim that local LEO's radioed/ put out communication regarding the suspicious person (at the time). Then after civilians informed them of a person on the roof there had to be some communication of that for there to be so many swarming about. Why hasn't the local LE agency or agencies release that communication? I believe most police radio traffic is recorded as is communication through their in vehicle laptops.
    That should be an easy way to pinpoint when they knew there was a security breach.

Certainly there would be a delay in that info getting to USSS on the ground. But why wouldn't there be a USSS agent in charge in direct communication with the local LE officer in charge on site? Did both agencies have a mobil command center on site? If so, I would think they should have been linked in direct communication with each other.

You are assuming that the USSS is the elite agency they were twenty years ago. They have devolved into politics, DEI, wokeness and the like.

I guess we should just be happy that the divisive rhetoric from the left hasn't pushed any more of their nut jobs over the edge than they have?

Regardless of the election, President Trump literally took a bullet for us to expose this to the American public. Let us not forget about the FBI's role in this and other issues also? Other federal agencies?
    This needs to be a republican talking point going forward.

:twocents:

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You are assuming that the USSS is the elite agency they were twenty years ago. They have devolved into politics, DEI, wokeness and the like.

I guess we should just be happy that the divisive rhetoric from the left hasn't pushed any more of their nut jobs over the edge than they have?

Regardless of the election, President Trump literally took a bullet for us to expose this to the American public. Let us not forget about the FBI's role in this and other issues also? Other federal agencies?
    This needs to be a republican talking point going forward.

:twocents:
    Oh we're on the same page. I'm not assuming the FBI/ USSS is anything but a cluster**** at this point. I'm implying why wouldn't they have made arrangements for clear communication between commanders on the ground at the very minimal. If the local counter sniper team was instructed to go inside the second floor with an open window rather than taking position on the roof, how was it communicated? Again what hasn't the local police in an effort to take any doubt off their people released those radio recordings and or dispatched communications related to the suspicious person who later became man on the roof with a gun to shooter? Are they hiding something? Did FBI/USSS confiscate it as evidence? If so say so.

Yes it should be a talking point going forward.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Oh we're on the same page. I'm not assuming the FBI/ USSS is anything but a cluster**** at this point. I'm implying why wouldn't they have made arrangements for clear communication between commanders on the ground at the very minimal. If the local counter sniper team was instructed to go inside the second floor with an open window rather than taking position on the roof, how was it communicated? Again what hasn't the local police in an effort to take any doubt off their people released those radio recordings and or dispatched communications related to the suspicious person who later became man on the roof with a gun to shooter? Are they hiding something? Did FBI/USSS confiscate it as evidence? If so say so.

Yes it should be a talking point going forward.
    Not sure if you had seen this posted earlier. Looks pretty bad for the USSS.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Yes it looks incredibly bad. I would think at a very minimal security level, there would be specific communication contacts between USSS and the local police. That video and hearing USSS claim they didn't know about Crooks being on the roof until they saw a muzzle flash, well that dog don't hunt.
    I mean how do different police agencies communicate normally for special events or during say a police chase?
    The lack of any communication just leaves me feeling like someone wanted the door left open for some reason. It defies even the most basic security procedures.
    It would have been better if the disgraced former USSS director had said something like ... Our counter snipers weren't able to positively identify Crooks on the roof because he was partially out of view because of the slope of the roof. Additionally the heat mirage and glare off the building added to that inability to make a positive identification of a threat. And the other counter sniper team didn't have a clear view to make a safe shot due to a large tree blocking their view. At least that would have offered some plausible deniability of further incompetence beyond failing to recognize it as a prime location that needed secured.

It's so pathetically sad that we are no longer able to trust the USSS or FBI to be honest with the American people.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Something that makes absolutely no sense to me is: 1. from a number of videos we have seen now, there were a number of local cops converging on the building with apparent knowledge that someone was on the roof (many trying to get eyes on the roof from the ground) before the shots 2. Local cops seemed to have comms with each other but not secret service 3. There was a local sniper team in the second story of a building overlooking the roof that the shooter fired from, albeit possibly requiring someone to get up and look out the window to get a view of the shooter

So if local cops have comms and are communicating with each other about someone on the roof of one of the agr buildings prior to the shooting, why wouldn't the local sniper team poke their heads out of their window(s) to see if the guy was on one of the roofs they could see?

Maybe I'm getting videos or event sequences mixed up but as I understand it, that puzzles me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Something that makes absolutely no sense to me is: 1. from a number of videos we have seen now, there were a number of local cops converging on the building with apparent knowledge that someone was on the roof (many trying to get eyes on the roof from the ground) before the shots 2. Local cops seemed to have comms with each other but not secret service 3. There was a local sniper team in the second story of a building overlooking the roof that the shooter fired from, albeit possibly requiring someone to get up and look out the window to get a view of the shooter

So if local cops have comms and are communicating with each other about someone on the roof of one of the agr buildings prior to the shooting, why wouldn't the local sniper team poke their heads out of their window(s) to see if the guy was on one of the roofs they could see?

Maybe I'm getting videos or event sequences mixed up but as I understand it, that puzzles me.
    The team in the Window was apparently all away at the time he was up there. One had left the site, one locked himself out and one was down to let him in.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Lately one cannot wonder if, in this particular instances, a conspiracy was afoot? There just seem to be way too many coincidences and total failures of the entire security operation. That is, of course, not to mention the stupid DEI hires by that former idiot who was in charge of the SS.
    I apologize for not being PC! LOL!
    God save America, Please??? :bowdown:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Lately one cannot wonder if, in this particular instances, a conspiracy was afoot? There just seem to be way too many coincidences and total failures of the entire security operation. That is, of course, not to mention the stupid DEI hires by that former idiot who was in charge of the SS.
    I apologize for not being PC! LOL!
    God save America, Please??? :bowdown:
    Leroy Jethro Gibbs' rules:
    #39 There is no such thing as a coincidence.
    #36 If you feel like you're being played, you probably are.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The team in the Window was apparently all away at the time he was up there. One had left the site, one locked himself out and one was down to let him in.
    I've heard the same, but it hasn't made it to widespread reporting by multiple outlets. I would think that would be a MAJOR story if true, so I've been inclined to write it off as fog of war type rumor. Surely that would have come out in congressional testimony after nearly two weeks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've heard the same, but it hasn't made it to widespread reporting by multiple outlets. I would think that would be a MAJOR story if true, so I've been inclined to write it off as fog of war type rumor. Surely that would have come out in congressional testimony after nearly two weeks.
    As far as I can tell, Congress can't make anyone testify, even if they're subpoenaed. All one has to do is say no without any penalties. :dunno: Well, unless you're a republican. Then there are penalties.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    My biggest doubt point is the notion that an entire plot hinged on some fetal alcohol lookin' 20 year old's ability to shoot a DerPMS at 150 yards without a decent optic.
    “You can be anything you want to be when you grow up”
    -my mom, probably

“Just think what we could get done if we put our minds to it”
    -not me, certainly

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    As far as I can tell, Congress can't make anyone testify, even if they're subpoenaed. All one has to do is say no without any penalties. :dunno: Well, unless you're a republican. Then there are penalties.
    But lots of people have testified. I would think that, were it true, as heated a grilling as usss folks have recieved, they would have offered that info in testimony to take some heat off.

Top Bottom