Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Oh, you sweet summer child.

:):

View attachment 367378
    I think they have a certain time to work on the crime scene - so many days, weeks, months - whatever. So now they are kind of like the highway construction worker leaning on his shovel.

Besides, if they miss something they know they can always make up some "facts" so it comes out the way they want anyhow.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This really sounds like a set up. A roof that no one had eyes on. A 20yo isn't that smart or knows where to go to not be seen by security forces. I don't believe in coincidence.
    A lot of 20 years old, and younger, now how to climb down from their bedroom window while avoiding their parent's surveillance.

I've seen several posts talking about the suspect's age and inexperience.
    At that age you can know how to shoot, you know how to drive a car, how to operate a drone better than most adults, use the internet do to reconnaissance, you can climb buildings if you're fit etc.

We have folks that age, and even a bit younger, serving in the military and doing all kinds of things.

I'm sure a lot of you have smart kids, under 15, who could do the same things.
    Not all 20 years old are dumb.

I rather believe the Secret Service are too dumb to do their job, than to believe a young kid is too dumb to have done that alone.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    I’m sure it was posted , it I missed it. If he didn’t use a ladder, and climbed up the ac unit, where is the ac unit? I also heard, and have not verified, that the police were actually positioned in the second story of another build, not the one the shooter used. If so, that building looks to be right behind the one he used. Looks like they should be able to see him on the roof from their windows, if they were actually in the 2 story building.
    Sorry, but that's where the REAL shooter was located...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The report says Crooks flew the drone over the site “shortly before” Trump arrived, not days before.
    . . .
    And yes, these days the Secret Service should have their own drone(s) working the area.
    I would agree -- he was there in the morning and doing a recce. Doing one days in advance wouldn't be very fruitful. No crime in using a drone four to six hours beforehand - before the public is being allowed to enter. News orgs and YouTubers use drones in advance of these events . . . and afterward. Beforehand they get B-Roll of the size of the mobs waiting in line. Those doing security for it would have no clue who one belongs to. That's the problem with USSS using drones during an event. All you know looking up is there's a drone buzzing around. Don't know who it belongs to. The ban on them is also to prevent one of them falling out of the sky, which they've been known to do, and hitting the protected person or otherwise significantly disrupting the event. If they didn't ban them, the sky would be filled with them buzzing around all over the event.

Much easier ban all drones, including Guvmint, and take any down that appear versus trying to ID who one belongs to before bringing it down. "Shoulder held" anti-drone jammer RF devices with highly directional antenna can bring drones down by causing loss of its control communication signal. Most drones will go into a default landing mode when that occurs, versus falling out of the sky belly up. They cost about $3k and up. The average Joe isn't going to have one, and "jammers" are illegal for civilians under FCC Rules.

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I don't know if this has been asked yet in the last 260004 posts...
    Is anybody REALLY surprised this happened to President Trump before November with the failure
    of russia, russia, russia, ballot removal, civil suits and trumped up legal filings to take him out before hand?

kermit-the-frog-really-c1tgb2sxqctg1ati.gif
    FIFY. Small but important detail!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Maybe I'm just dumb. I will give you that.
    But if they already opened the entire area and made it accessible to the general public then you would also complain it's a botched investigation. :dunno:
    There’s a whole lot of difference between a sitting US Senator on the homeland security committee wanting to view the scene and opening it up to the general public.

BTW, naive and dumb are two different things.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When, in the history of the United States, has anyone ever characterized the Secret Service as a bunch of idiots who can’t outsmart a 20 year old kid?

“Dumb” isn’t the problem here.
    Ok I'm not saying they are dumb, but some dumb decisions were made by the higher-ups.
    Like not putting agents on a sloped roof for safety reasons (if that's a true decision made that day).

Now there is a fine line between dumb and complicit of course.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The jury is still out on this one....
    This.
    We probably have a mix of everything.
    Bad luck (good luck from the suspsect's point of view) mixed with ineptitude (of some agents, not all), the lowering of standards based on gender, lack of personnel and possibly a complicit behavior from someone in the chain of command.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Well it's still an active crime scene.
    A bit early for tour visits.
    If it's an honest effort to investigate a crime, they're looking in the wrong place.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that.
    It's where the crime happened....

I think @Route 45 is implying that the crime scene is really a backroom in DC.

Hey, here's one from left field.
    Maybe it's at the Clinton residence in Chappaqua.
    Ask yourself...under which administration is there a better chance of Epstein's client list being revealed...Trump's, or any democrat's.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I guess it is relative. If it took part of his ear off that seems a bit more than superficial. But relative to death or great bodily harm, yes, superficial.
    Medically it was superficial, Not a threat to life, nor does it affect his physical functioning. Now that the bleeding is stopped that most he would need would be plastic surgery (although if I was him, I would leave it alone. It’s not hideous and he can wear his scar with pride).

But the fact that it was an inch or less from his brain does make it a serious event psychologically, both for him and us.

Top Bottom