• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Irrelevant. The problem is the ridiculously insufficient perimeter, not the legalities.
    That's kinda exactly what I was thinking makes it relevant. The establishment of the perimeter would seem, to me, to be the first line of defense, because at that point, the rules change.

I imagine its influenced by at least 2 factors. Threat assessment and having the personnel available to secure it. I would think cancelling the event would be the option if a perimeter sufficient to minimize the threat could not be established.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can you imagine the dinner table conversations that took place in this kids house? Wonder how many times those parents called Trump 'Literally Hitler', 'Fascist', etc. He probably thought they would be proud.
    Dad owns a lot of guns for a "Trump is Hitler" person.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    So your opinion is that he was secretly a really great shot.
    Maybe. I was only commenting on what I deduced from the available video. If video from a different angle surfaces, it may show that the first shots were all over the map, and my opinion is all wet.
    My opinion is different, that's cool.
    Absolutely, I was just offering a different viewpoint for consideration.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The way I heard, it was a rally-goer who saw a guy walking with a rangefinder or binoculars. He reported it to an LEO of some kind, but by the time that was reported, the guy was somewhere else. The LEOs started looking for this guy, but did not find him before the shooting. Based on this (subject to additional info, of course) it wasn't a matter of a LEO encounter where they made a choice not to detain him.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Dad owns a lot of guns for a "Trump is Hitler" person.
    In 2016, the Trump campaign identified the father as a likely Trump voter based upon pro-gun and hunting. The mother was identified as likely having strong pro-gun beliefs and someone who may vote for Trump.

But that was 8 years ago.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Latest scuttlebutt says the shooters building was supposed to be posted by a local countersniper team, but they did not show. Instead, they decided to post up from a second story window, effectively ceding the roof, and SS never verified, or approved their position.

Still an alarming amount of incompetence.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Pulse of the room.

To all those wondering why the shooter wasn't detained. What meets the threshold for detaining someone, especially if they are outside an established security perimeter?

Having a rangefinder?
    Lawful possession of a firearm?

Do the rules OUTSIDE the perimeter change if its the president being protected?

I thought the purpose of establishing a perimeter was demarcation of where the rules changed.
    His long dirty hair should be reason enough. FFS kid sort yourself out!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can anyone explain to me what it means when they say the killer was "a registered Republican"?

Do you have to register to a specific party in order to vote and is that made public?
    Does that mean he was a member of the Republican party? :dunno:

Sorry I'm not a US citizen and I'm used to a totally different voting system.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Can anyone explain to me what it means when they say the killer was "a registered Republican"?

Do you have to register to a specific party in order to vote and is that made public?
    Does that mean he was a member of the Republican party? :dunno:

Sorry I'm not a US citizen and I'm used to a totally different voting system.
    In certain states you have to "register" with a party to be able to vote in the primary. This is called a "closed" primary. Indiana has an "open" primary where you just go in and state which party's ballot you want.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I just read a post on Facebook about an outfit called Explorer Charter Cruises out of Caseville, Michigan. Seems the owner posted something about how the sniper would have done the country a favor if he succeeded. I tried accessing the company website. It's shut down along with their FB page, and Yelp indicates they're investigating them due to "media activity."

Outstanding! We need to see to it that these monsters get what they have coming to them.

Top Bottom