• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But there is a record of that vote and you can know for which party they voted for?
    That part seems strange to me.

Can you still vote for the president and not be registered with any party for the primaries?
    Yes there is a record- even in Indiana with an open primary., they know what ballot you took in previous elections.

You can vote for any and all races in a general election (if you are otherwise eligible) if you are a registered voter- and that is not party specific.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I would assume at these types of events when the SS would stop a potential incident from happening that it is not broadcasted to the public. If so, wonder how many incidents are actually defused?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Developing...

FNC now reporting that a local police sniper shot first at the shooter, but the SS counter-sniper was the one that actually killed the assassin???

:dunno:

1721242142678.png

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: He says he left his phone in a public restroom and went back later to retrieve it, and apparently that's when some miscreant posted in his name.

The local chamber of commerce isn't buying it. They booted him, and cancellations for his charter service are pouring in.

In other news, he says that back in third grade the dog actually DID eat his homework.
    Before anyone whines about the right weaponizing social media to cancel their opponents, I say it's ABOUT ****ING TIME.

If you are "above the fray," you are not in the battle. And it's clearer now than ever that this is ****ing political war.

Take the left's stick away and beat them over their ****ing heads with it.

When Rush Limbaugh was the target of boycotts and online mobs, during the Sandra Fluke controversy, he hired people to track down the people behind it. It was a couple dozen people guided by Media Matters. Rush didn't go after Media Matters.

He went after the individuals who were blue collar workers, retarded grandmothers, a couple professors, public school teachers, etc. On his website, he published their names, addressed, and telephone numbers, setting up a situation to where they were incessantly harassed and run out of their towns. Most ended up being fired from their jobs. Others Rush was able to successfully bankrupt because he brought hell down on them via tortuous interference suits.

He sowed the fields with salt and NEVER again did the Left whip up an online mob against him targeting his advertisers.

Last edited:

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Thanks.
    So that registration is different than the registration to vote for the main election?

I assume not all 20 years old are registered for the primaries, no?
    It shows a particular interest in politics or is it normal?
    You need to keep in mind that voting regulations vary from State to State. Some States have open primaries (where Parties choose their candidates who will then appear in the general election), where anyone can vote in any Party's primary. Other States have closed primaries where you have to be registered as a member of the Party to vote in their primary.

If you register as a member of a Party, that is in the public record. However, *who* (or what Party) you vote for is secret. (Or is supposed to be secret.)

It is not unusual for a Party to encourage its supporters to vote in the opposing Party's primary in order to have a weaker candidate win the primary.

If you really want to make your head hurt, look at ranked-choice voting. :wallbash:

When it comes to elections in America, the guiding principal is "We try to keep things as complicated as possible."

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    In certain states you have to "register" with a party to be able to vote in the primary. This is called a "closed" primary. Indiana has an "open" primary where you just go in and state which party's ballot you want.
    I don't put much value in how someone is registered to vote, especially if they have never voted before.. they will be listed as being registered for what ever party signed them up first.. I was "registered" for a party that was not really the one i supported because my classmates parents were elected office holders of that party.. so the whole class got signed up at once..

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks.
    So that registration is different than the registration to vote for the main election?

I assume not all 20 years old are registered for the primaries, no?
    It shows a particular interest in politics or is it normal?

Younger people are less likely to be involved in politics

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Seems that way too many people would have to be in on it for it to be kept quiet. SS, local cops, state police. Somebody would talk.
    I will follow the actual evidence. By "actual" evidence I mean what is known was the case rather than "it doesn't make sense to me" followed by a theory. Worse yet, picking and choosing what super-early "fog of war" reporting to believe and declaring a cover up if later investigation shows that the media irresponsibly (gasp!) reported something inaccurately. This means I have to hold off before making conclusions, but so be it.

Right now, I see complacency leading to or as the result of incompetence and one messed kid. We'll see where that goes. I don't want to speculate about what will be found, but my mind could be changed.

BTW- the whole "what was the motive" thing seems ridiculous and to an extent it is.

Clearly, he wanted Trump dead. His motive seems to have been hatred for Trump....but why...and maybe not?

1) Policies in general
    2) A specific policy
    3) Persona
    4) Someone he cares about hates Trump
    5) He hated someone who likes Trump
    6) He was suicidal and wanted fame in death
    7) He was mentally ill (likely some component of this in all other possible motives).
    7a He believed Trump was some sort of existential threat (where have we heard this before?) and he would be the hero
    7b He believed that Trump was involved in a vast conspiracy that only he knew about and could save us all from.

It really goes on and on and there are near infinite possibilities. I think it would be important to find out what it was.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can anyone explain to me what it means when they say the killer was "a registered Republican"?

Do you have to register to a specific party in order to vote and is that made public?
    Does that mean he was a member of the Republican party? :dunno:

Sorry I'm not a US citizen and I'm used to a totally different voting system.
    This explains Indiana’s system well.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No ladder, he climbed up an ac unit. That makes more sense to me than he carried a ladder in. Since he was also seen looking at roofs, it seems he did at least a little bit of scout work. Probably couldn’t believe there was no one on the roof and just went for it. From the video of him walking in the background, it looks like it would be plausible to get in between buildings and be “lost” for a bit. So, it seems he scouted, then went back for his rifle in a back pack? From what I have read, it seems the cops who interrupted him on the roof, and he pointed his rifle at them, may have hurried things and made him rush his shot. The more I read, and think I know, the more I lean towards utter incompetence and negligence, combined with complacency. Could be he was just a schuck who literally did walk in with a rifle in a back pack and climb on the roof. Who knows? Could be. I am leaning towards not a conspiracy, at least in the sense that he was “put up or helped” with it. Seems that way too many people would have to be in on it for it to be kept quiet. SS, local cops, state police. Somebody would talk.
    Rule #1. The government is completely inept and a failure at any task it takes on because it is made up of completely inept people.....unless its a cover-up, in which case, the government is the single most brilliant entity known to mankind.

I get it. We expect instant answers these days. Used to be you listened to a radio or waited 24 hrs for a news paper or watched one of 3 channels.

Now, depending on your social media preference, you can have literally as much information as you can consume delivered to you in real time with YOU being the only real filter left to sift through what's right and whats wrong.

If I EVER end up in a jury trial, I hope they wait until at least most of the evidence is in before deliberating.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But there is a record of that vote and you can know for which party they voted for?
    That part seems strange to me.

Can you still vote for the president and not be registered with any party for the primaries?
    They do keep a record of which parties primary ballot a voters requests and I believe that is presumed to be your party.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You need to keep in mind that voting regulations vary from State to State. Some States have open primaries (where Parties choose their candidates who will then appear in the general election), where anyone can vote in any Party's primary. Other States have closed primaries where you have to be registered as a member of the Party to vote in their primary.

If you register as a member of a Party, that is in the public record. However, *who* (or what Party) you vote for is secret. (Or is supposed to be secret.)

It is not unusual for a Party to encourage its supporters to vote in the opposing Party's primary in order to have a weaker candidate win the primary.

If you really want to make your head hurt, look at ranked-choice voting. :wallbash:

When it comes to elections in America, the guiding principal is "We try to keep things as complicated as possible."

Yes it's quite complicated and I've been following American politics for well over a decade now.

Our system is pretty simple.
    We put a piece of paper with a name (among a dozen of candidates) on it inside a small envelop.
    The guy/gal with the most votes is our president.
    Done.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom