• ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    20141201_141432.jpg
    Last years and this years. Both taken first sunday am of gun season. About 100 yards apart.
    Top is this year 10 point 127 5/8 3 1/2 years old dressed at 179lbs
    Bottom is last year 11 point 138 5/8 4 1/2 -possibly 5 1/2 years old dressed at 206lbs
    Huntington county private land.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Off today and it rained....all day long. Supposed to let up around lunch tomorrow so I should get some good time in the stand with the muzzleloader.

Hoping to get a glimpse of the one who's rubbing the hell out of an 10 inch cedar.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Change of plans in the morning , had a land owner call me today and said there is a monster buck hanging out at his farm so I need to get out there and get him... So im heading there in the morning rain or not, if its raining I will just put my rain suit on and stick it out... Said hes been seeing him about 9;30am and again about 4;30 or 5;00pm for the last 2 days, but he didn't see him today.... So I hope hes still there ? 2 out of 3 days ain't bad maybe the rain had him bedded down, who knows my luck hes gone by now ? He told me where hes been coming and going so I got a good idea of where I need to be set up... Wish me luck I need it !

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Rained all day yesterday and still rain'n this morning they should move soon as it stops and Im heading to a old barn, will be nice and dry looking for that big buck the old boy called me about... Can't wait, just hope to see his big ass don't even care if I kill'm as long as I get a chance to see him... Who am I kidding I want to put a 50cal. 245gr powerbelt thru him like no other !!! lmao, Can't kill'm set;n on the sofa so get'n ready to head out... Good luck to all who are heading out this morning, hope everyone gets the buck of there dreams.... :yesway:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Rained all day yesterday and still rain'n this morning they should move soon as it stops and Im heading to a old barn, will be nice and dry looking for that big buck the old boy called me about... Can't wait, just hope to see his big ass don't even care if I kill'm as long as I get a chance to see him... Who am I kidding I want to put a 50cal. 245gr powerbelt thru him like no other !!! lmao, Can't kill'm set;n on the sofa so get'n ready to head out... Good luck to all who are heading out this morning, hope everyone gets the buck of there dreams.... :yesway:

My the force be with you!!! I'm staying in where its warm! My son got a raspberry pi for his birthday. Going to play around with it. Raspberry Pi

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Been in the woods for 3.5 hours now and haven't seen any thing except the 2 d bags that decided to sit not even 20yd in front of me

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well the rain quit about day break but its windy, just got home and didn't see the big boy but did see 3 does... Get a bite to eat and warm up then head back out.... Seen the does about 10:15 and thought for sure he would show but NOPE !!!!! Just the way my season has been, but I ain't given up....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Venison roast here tonight. I saw four does under my bird feeder in the back yard last night. We had a nice chat...I'm taming them down for next year.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This taming down the deer thing is working out well. I had 15 in the back yard tonight. A few are not as tame apparently since they took off when I opened the door to let the cat in. These five were perfectly fine with me talking to them. There were three more further back that were a bit more shy.

These two wanted to get to know my guineas better. They actually looked like they were going to follow them into the coop when they ran off to their feeder.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    sat in the cold for 9 hours didn't see a single deer. Saw plenty of orange hats but i guess its frowned upon to shoot at those, dont know why:dunno:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Doe #2 tonight with the muzzleloader. From about 4:30 on, I was covered up with probably 20 does at various times. Had a little basket rack 1.5yo buck at 40 yards, but I'll let him grow.

I could have filled up the truck with them tonight. Shot her and had more out within ten minutes. Was wishin I had my bow with me.

10613147_10152563475688528_4165372934809318307_n.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Saw 6 does tonight and one shooter buck in and out of the brush. Something had everything stirred up in the valley upwind of me to the left, squirrels barking and deer snorting, maybe at each other. Never saw anything.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Went out this afternoon in Owen county with my son. Son saw nothing from his tree stand. I was hunting from ground blind about 200 yards away, and saw a "flash" of a deer at about 5:15pm. And I mean a flash. This deer was at a full run and all I saw was it cross the road on the property I can watch from my ground blind. If I'd have blinked
    at the wrong time I would have missed it. Only the second deer we have seen on this property the entire season. There is plenty of sign (scrapes, rubs, tracks, etc) but we just are not seeing the deer during the day that we are used to seeing. In past years we never had a problem seeing at least three or four does or a buck or two every single trip, but this
    season they are just not there. Another hunter who hunts the other side of the property says the same thing. Has seen nothing.....

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well the rain quit about day break but its windy, just got home and didn't see the big boy but did see 3 does... Get a bite to eat and warm up then head back out.... Seen the does about 10:15 and thought for sure he would show but NOPE !!!!! Just the way my season has been, but I ain't given up....

Didn't get to evening hunt yesterday had to take the wife to the ER , but she's fine or will be.... So heading to north of muncie this morning do to the wind direction.. Its a new property to me just got permission on it so gonna give it a try... Will report back later..

Top Bottom