• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I haven't reported in for quite a while. Our deer activity, already limited, really dropped off when shotgun season started.

Now our trail cams indicate they have all went nocturnal.

We're not going out again until we see some sign of daytime activity.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Was out this morning. I saw three coyotes and had a deer bust me. Snorted at me from some thick woods about forty yards away. I never saw him, but he apparently knew I was there. Winded me, I'm sure as the wind picked up and was blowing that direction. I tried to take a shot at one of the coyotes at fifty yards and just got a "POP" from the TC omega. Powder must have gotten damp at some point. It was a fun morning to be out.

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Success in Parke Co Friday.

Parke Co 2014 Buck.jpgParke Co 2014 Buck2.jpgPersistance paid off in Parke Co Friday with my Knight 50 cal disc extreme. Had been looking for him since he first showed up on my trail cam in early November.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    saw the first deer i've seen all season on the way home today. 2 does jumped out in front of us heading into the woods we just left.

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Congrats cattman, I love parke CO... Where abouts do you hunt out there?

Between Turkey Run and the North end of the county. Keep after them, he strolled by at 9:45 and was looking for a place to bed as his stomach was so distended hecould not hold another acorn.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I have chose to just eat a tag sandwich this year Im done , just glad its a bundle tag and not 3 tag so it will be easier to swallow.... I hope ????? Now time to start yote hunt'n... Nice buck trailrider congrats to you man...

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    I was fortunate enough to get my first deer this past Friday. I was/am beyond excited! Shot him with a muzzleloader at about 40 yards in Miami County. I started hunting in 2013 and just now harvested my first one. I'll remember that hunt for the rest of my life. The kicker to the whole deal is that I have been blessed by a guy that I know to get him shoulder mounted for a greatly discounted price. Now I've just got to talk the wife into letting him hang in the house!

View attachment 33992

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Congrats!

FWIW I would never ask for permission.

Sometimes house size and other can make for temp mount placement out of the way, but if you have the space/room............hang it with pride.

Top Bottom