• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not hunting today, but I've heard more shots around my house than I have all season, including opening day. Working on a couple dozen.

Yes, most of the shots I have heard have been 2-3 at a time. Hmm?

Last edited:

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Had a hot air balloon go over in Huntington County this morning. They gave it some gas to clear a woodline and kicked out two does to me. Could have gotten a doe but passed. Daughter put three in the freezer this year so I'm waiting on a buck. Damndest deer drive I ever saw!

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I'm 58 and this is first year for deer hunting (my loss for sure). Hit a doe Tuesday but never found her. Ran into a very dense patch of braids. Waited ~30 minutes and followed the blood trail into the mess. After 50 yards I kicked her up and then lost her for good. Blood trail was lost in the dark. Searched for another 1-1/2 hours in the dark. Could not get back next AM because travelling for Thanksgiving. I am hooked though.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I've only had time for Sunday hunts so far this year with not much scouting time. I'm really looking forward to having the next 3 days to fill my buck tag! It's been driving me nuts all week after I found some awesome scrapes and destroyed pine trees right by one of my stands on my way out of the woods last Sunday.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    There are still some big ones out there. I filled my buck tag, but watched a really big 8 point walking the edge of a cornfield. Good luck guys!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    There are still some big ones out there. I filled my buck tag, but watched a really big 8 point walking the edge of a cornfield. Good luck guys!

My daughter had a 6 pointer run out of our woods in front of her car on her way here for dinner today. I told her not to hunt with her car. :laugh:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    15709970779_692d3300df_z.jpg

15710240947_7bf7607010_z.jpg

15895337482_07ace57e7e_z.jpg

dm1986

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Finally shot a doe on Wednesday! 20 yards away. She flipped backwards head over tail, kicked twice, and that was all. It is so satisfying when there's no tracking involved.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Went out Sat-Tues. Saw a 4 pointer like 10 mins after I got in the stand Sat morning, then didn't see anything moving the til Tues afternoon. The wind and rain killed my spot. I walked a little and jumped up a bunch from along the bottom of a ridge but didn't get a good shot on anything.

Tuesday at 5pm I took a different 4 pointer. The property I hunt has a lot of deer, just not the genes for the big trophy bucks.

Here is the photo evidence:
    10811775_10100903406133984_137538503_n.jpg

Non-typical, 3 on one side, 1 on the other.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    me and a buddy got a doe apiece yesterday afternoon.....he took his with a H&R 44mag and i got mine with Rossi M92 45 Colt......

29tzeq.jpg

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I saw two does all day yesterday. Went out this morning to one spot, didn't see anything. Moved to a second property half way across the county just after noon and saw two does. Not sure but I might have seen the same doe twice.
    I thought last year was bad. Wow!

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have officially lost confidence in the Indiana DNR to manage the State's deer herd.
    I thought they were really on the right track, years ago, when they went to the one buck rule. Since then, things have went down hill. Doing away with purchasing actual paper licenses was one downfall. Getting away from physical check-in stations was another. I believe that the checked deer numbers dropped significantly the first year they went to the online check-in. I think 48 hours to check-in a deer is unnecessary too. Too many people who think if they can get the deer home without getting caught, since you only need a hand written transport tag, just put them in the freezer and head back out. They have refused to reduce the number of bonus tags in many of the counties hit the hardest with EHD/Blue tongue.
    The DNR has made several contradictory statements in the last few years, as well.
    "Insurance companies have no bearing on how we manage the deer herd" Immediately followed up by, "We manage the deer herd with the best interest of all citizens in mind"
    And the most profound statement, to me, "We don't need to have an accurate count on the deer herd in order to manage it"
    What??
    They should send the IDNR to one of the southern states that has a wild boar problem and let them manage that. Would probably clear the problem right up.

Top Bottom