• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I saw a nice 7 or 8 point buck tonight. Since I already got my buck of the season, I sat back and admired him while he was strolling through the field. Amazing to think that in 2014 Indiana, there are still large "wild" animals running around the countryside. Even though I didn't see any does to shoot, I still left the field with a smile on my face.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Went back out this afternoon in search of a more respectable buck. Very windy and a little rain, but at least it was warm (mid 50's). About 5:15 I watched a small 6pt walk up to the bank on the opposite side of the river about 150yds away. I watched him for a few minutes and figured he was getting a drink. Nope, he decided to walk across the river (which I didn't know was so shallow this time of year) and up on the bank about 50 yds from my stand before casually strolling away. If I would have had a clean shot I probably would have taken it.

Oh well, still cool to see. Hopefully tomorrow won't be a complete rain out. Good luck fellas!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yea already got my buck. I'm doe hunting with bow and arrow. Its alright to shoot another buck with the camera!

Absolutely! Hubby got his a couple weeks ago and has been watching them now while he coyote hunts. Seeing more deer than coyotes, but that's a good thing I guess.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    She got her shot after a staredown at 15 feet. Nerves of steel! I was sitting with her and got a front row seat to a heck of a fine show. Proud a that kid! It's her third this year. I dropped it of with Chad Pattee to have it mounted today.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    She got her shot after a staredown at 15 feet. Nerves of steel! I was sitting with her and got a front row seat to a heck of a fine show. Proud a that kid! It's her third this year. I dropped it of with Chad Pattee to have it mounted today.
    Nerves of steel indeed. I don't know her and I'm proud of her! Congrats to her and the proud father.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I got my first deer of the season ( a big doe) and my first deer with my 358 bfg yesterday. Range finder put here at 210 yards, one 200 grain hornady ftx dropped her where she stood. I couldn't be happier with how it preformed. Regardless of what new law gets passed I will continue to use it.

Top Bottom