• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    He said it had blood on its rack (saw it when I went over). Had a gash in the flank, looked like he took a poke from a rival.
    Wonder if he was licking it and the swath on main beam and G2/G3 was his.

Make a guy wonder how bad the other deer is!

I've seen bucks fight, even one get a broken leg from a smaller buck, but never saw blood on them, or any real puncture mark.

Thank goodness no tines were busted on my bud's deer! He shot one that might have gone 120's......all busted up a few yrs back.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    Heading back out this weekend. Saw some good trail cam pictures on my camera earlier in the season. I'm worried about the warm weather moving in. How do you guys think that will effect the hunting this Saturday? It looks like Sunday will be a wash. 100% chance of rain.

Early September capture. He returned MANY times.
    14 pointer with drop.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Dropped her this morning around 9:30. Could have taken a fawn and spike but with her, but let them walk.

They stood around for 20 minutes even after I reloaded the ML.

10346308_10152535938043528_4515971784946307676_n.jpg

Shot at another large doe around 85 yards away, but had a branch get in the way. Thought I was going to double up there for a minute.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's been fun chasing them around. I knew once I got the CVA in hand it wouldn't take long. I'll be gunning for another one during Thanksgiving week, then probably go back to trying with the bow again.

I've pretty much put aside hunting solely for a mature buck. I figure sooner or later, I'll have other chances. I'm perfectly happy taking does and letting fawns and little bucks walk.

Thoroughly enjoying the deer hunting experience.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'm not going this weekend, Jeep blew waterpump today.
    Kid stuff tomorrow, Jeep goes into shop Monday.
    (too much women junk in my garage, can't get Jeep in to work on it).
    Changed pump outside today, leaked. WTH, got another gasket, leaked less. Think new pump is bad.
    I'm done with it, let somebody else fight it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Turns out it was a button buck. Still young and tastey! 300 blk with 125gr Nosler bt. Can't seem to link picture from phone right now. Gonna sit here another hour or so in case something else comes through

Last edited:

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Same here. No movement.
    On another note,I was looking at my weather channel app and it said dry conditions will continue as I was getting rained on

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The 300BLK delivers again this year, although it certainly isn't a "bragging rights deer. It will make for some good eating though, which is part of the objective. The shot was about a 15yd shot, through and through, and a bit farther back on the deer than I would have liked. It was quartering away just a bit when I finally took the shot, and pretty much destroyed the liver. Not sure if it was bad aim by me, or if the deer moved forward a little bit once I had the sight picture. While it was already daylight, the overcast and woods made the lighting a little less than ideal for my Aimpoint w/ kill flash. I might take the kill flash off this afternoon given there won't be much sun to reflect off the lens. It ran all of about 30yds, and despite my fears with the rain, there was a pretty good blood trail. I was nervous as I didn't see any blood at the point of impact, but followed where I saw him run and gradually picked up more and more blood. Looks like he crashed into a tree before expiring.

I saw him along with two other deer just before 7am as they walked along a pretty well established trail. It was light enough to see them, but not enough to take a good shot, so I watched for a bit, hoping there might be a buck in tow. They walked out of sight and then started to move back in, this time coming up a trail closer to my stand. They were all pretty tight together, so I assumed it was 3 does. One was a pretty small fawn, and this one and the other were about the same size. Had I been ready for a quick follow up shot, I probably could have bagged the other doe, as she stood there and watched for about 30 seconds before running off. Because this one didn't drop in his tracks, I was watching to get a general bead on where it might go to lay down and die.

What is exciting is there was a really nice fresh scrape and rub about 110yds from my stand that I saw as I was walking out, so decided to drag this one about 300yds into the middle of the cornfield in an opposite direction so as not to disturb things too much with my truck.

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    Shot a small doe this morning at light. I was sitting in my Uncles stand that he had just shot 3 does the day before. Guess you can get deer out of the same stand multiple days!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Pulled the trigger on a beautiful 8 pointer tonight. LEFT THE SAFETY ON. Click. :ugh:. So angry at the world.

You're the first one that ever did that.
    :)

I had the crosshairs on a doe in the last minute of legal shooting hours. I hesitated, not feeling good about taking the shot. The deer alerted and ran. I took it as fate, there will be more chances.

Top Bottom