• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I thought you could but I've never done any of those hunts. I just hope thats how he shot the second because if not he's gonna have a pretty big fine

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    hey guys. any thoughts on doe movement up in north state this time of year (after the rut)? ready to head out for muzzie tomorrow, seen more does mid-late afternoon during bow & rifle than in the early a.m. (other than when bucks run em out of their bedding area).

morning up here should be cold & wet (high 30's, 40% precip, been showering off & on today & tonight); partly cloudy, drier, and low-mid 40's in the afternoon.

just looking for a voice of experience to share some insight. thanks.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I took the muzzy out this morning for 3 hours....never even saw a aquirrel and that thicket I'm hunting is full of em. How did everybody else do?

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I am a check-in station and today has been slow. 2 bucks and 1 doe. However you can do on-line check in so who knows.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    L A R G E dog tracks were the only fresh ones I was today. Probably a 'yote hunting last night had them a bit spooky, who knows. Didn't see anything this morning though......maybe tonight!

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    He didnt necessarily say the buck in the picture was shot in the urban zone nor was his urban buck tag used for it. Just that he hunts one county in an urban zone area. Hopefully this deer was tagged with a standard firearms license and he can enjoy it.

I hope it's legit too. But his wording in his post about one county he hunts being urban led me to believe he tagged one urban.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I took the muzzy out this morning for 3 hours....never even saw a aquirrel and that thicket I'm hunting is full of em. How did everybody else do?

Same thing. My buddy kicked a couple of does up bedding tight about 100 yes from my stand after I went in for lunch. I'll try again this evening to fill my last does tag.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The other bullest were : left WW Hi Impact Supreme 12 gauge. Shot was 8 yards from the ground IIRC. Hit was on front of onside shoulder (quartering to) and the slug was found under the hide on the opp side back ham. 8 pt, 140#. Remington 870 w rifled bore.

The bullet on the right was a Hornady 140gr Leverevolution factory load, 52 yards, spine shot. 8 pt, about 140 # as well. That was from a Colt Revolver.

The middle MZ bullet was a 25 yarder through the shoulders. 130# 6 pt cull buck.

picture.php

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I ended up burnign a day off work, for nothing. Kids had sleep over so any "extra" shuteye I could have gotten was not to be had. Mom had to work, so I got shuttle duty in the PM.
    Gonna be rough to get up tomorrow early :(

I'm starting to think the women folk in my home are conspiring against me.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    bumped a nice doe on the way in; only other thing moving today was a few squirrels.

looks like it'll be low-mid thirties in the a.m. with precip increasing during the day. hope they're moving around daybreak.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Just got in a few minutes ago. Had to work this morning so it was out, then had a few chores afterwards. Got in the woods about 3:30(central time). Foggy, misty, but warm, 55 on the garage thermometer. Had a smallish buck walk past @25 yards about 4:30 but couldn't see the freakin' sights! Gave it up and headed to the house. Kicked up 3 does on the way out. I also saw and heard very little squirrel activity and I was in squirrel central.
    Looks like this will be my last year with a traditional smokepole. Dang old eyes and iron sights do not a happy hunter make.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    JtP,

Might want to try a peep rear sight. Might get ya through a few more years :D

Good idea, I'm going to see what I can find.

Anyway, got a nice doe yesterday morning. There were 3 of them and I took the medium sized one. DRT. If I had been a little fastet on the reload I might have got a second one. And the drag out was all downhill!:D

Top Bottom