Feb 24, 2010
    _facebook_507925296_.jpg

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I was blessed yesterday to get this buck. I will be firing up the pressure canner this weekend. He was 42 yrds away downhill running on a trail. He stopped and I shot, slightly quartering to me. He kicked like a heart shot but I heard that loud crack when arrows hit frozen wood. I saw him go down. Using a new broadhead. It looks like I used a 12g slug. NAP Spitfires.
    8270466043_5c7451bf5f_z.jpg

8270466041_2e10af9d91_z.jpg

8270466033_3014413506_z.jpg

8270466029_aaebf6411e_z.jpg

8270466047_df85243141_z.jpg

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Excalibur Axiom. First year for me using one. Good thing, my shoulder has been jacked up, and using my compound would have been tricky.

tparell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hunting a new 300 acre lot this year. Seen some super whitetails out there, but im really interested in a non-typical MONSTER! I wish he'd pass some of my cams, cause he must be some kind of record.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Ok so I had a great day in the stand yesterday!!!
    I had 66 sightings I say sightings because I'm sure some where the same deer but regardless when you are seeing deer every 20min its hard to beat. I also seen two nice bucks all these deer were with in 80yds and prob twenty made it to 10 yds I took a shot at one of the first big girls to come by at 10yds however my bottom cam hit the side of the stand and pushed my shot low and left me with a nice dent in my cam. oh well. I have shot my bow since and it shoots fine.

Last edited:

RonnieF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    New Castle,Indiana
    Have to say I seen more deer this year than any really. Bow season seen mostly young bucks nothing id shoot I went ahead and took a doe for some meat for the freezer. The the last week of gun season I finally had a nice 9 point with a 20 inch inside spread. and let my old encore eat. Congrats to everyone. If your still out hunting good luck

RonnieF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    New Castle,Indiana
    hook lol Im that way I usually dont morning hunt 9 times out of 10 when I do go out I ether see nothing or someones dogs that where let out to run. So I usually hit snooze lol

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I was just curious if anybody else is still out there deer hunting, if so have you done any good this late? I havent seen hardly anything since opening weekend of firearms, also is anyone going to go in the doe only firearms season coming up?

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I hunt every chance I can till the end of the season. in my past years I have always done great the later it gets. I love it when the deer start to herd up. But they do get hard to kill when you have a lot of eyes and noses to fool!

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Had planned on getting out this weekend, but came down with the flu.

Hoping to get out a couple of times before archery season ends.

Get well Hickman. My wife, daughter & one son came down with the same this week. My other son, daughter, and I hope that the bugger virus stopped with them.

Don't forget about special antlerless that starts on the 26th. Go get some!

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    first off I am a big hunter, and i have a huge feel for the sport of it. I love seeing, watching, taking pictures of wildlife and actually getting a shot on a nice deer.
    but looking through some of the pictures in this ongoing forum makes me want to just scream, yell and say bad bad words.
    so many pictures with blood covering the animal, huge cuts on the deer and what not.
    SREIOUSLY GUYS?!
    have some damn respect for the wildlife and the sport of hunting. take pride in your harvest, clean the deer up and take a good picture of them.
    It's jackA$$es like you that make people so against the sport of hunting.

Top Bottom