• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    For the record, I have NEVER OC'd. CC for me only.

Yet I fully support the OC movement. :yesway:

OK then. Why are you HIDING your gun?

Are you STILL going to try and tell ME that when I say CC would be better sometimes that I am saying you should HIDE your gun?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think what JosephR is trying to say is tailor your carry options to the situation you are in. Be responsible and considerate to the people you are dealing with.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    CC'ing isn't "hiding" by any means. If you don't get that then you truly are, well...
    Is the answer "What is smarter than you"

I thought I might be going crazy, so I looked it up:
    conceal definition | Dictionary.com

conceal
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to hide; withdraw or remove from observation; cover or keep from sight: He concealed the gun under his coat.
    2. to keep secret; to prevent or avoid disclosing or divulging: to conceal one's identity by using a false name.

Definition #1 actually used concealing a gun in the "to hide" portion of the definition. Pretty cool...EH?

I guess I am

:popcorn:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Look above you Varminter.

Young is being incendiary, attacking me for my suggestion to CC and accusing me of "hiding" my firearm when he openly admits that he CCs. Obviously he screwed up and didn't realize how stupid it was to attack me for using the word "hiding" in ONE sentence and "CC" in a COMPLETELY separate sentence and point.

So, aside from him, who else thinks I'm stupid? Who is this "rest of us" you speak for?

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    I think what JosephR is trying to say is tailor your carry options to the situation you are in. Be responsible and considerate to the people you are dealing with.

I can understand that, but I fail to see how OC'ing at someones garage sale is irresponsible and inconsiderate.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Is putting my car keys or phone in my pocket hiding them? No, it's where they belong- just like my pistol belongs in my IWB holster. I'm not making a point of "hiding" it from anyone. It's under a shirt where it's most comfortable and not getting in the way of anything.

You simply aren't capable of logical thoughts.

How old are you? This is something scores of others have tried to get to the bottom of with no luck. My guess is 23.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I can understand that, but I fail to see how OC'ing at someones garage sale is irresponsible and inconsiderate.

I'm not saying you are an idiot for it. I'm saying it CAN be inconsiderate.

I may not understand the whole "garage sale" thing as I don't attend them. I'd be hesitant to go rummaging through people's junk while there are others in close proximity rummaging through the same crap with an open firearm.

I think it's just more prudent to not have it accessible.

Please don't tell me while you are eyeing some great jewel of an antique that you can't be distracted enough for some moron to grab your pistol.

When people are going to be in my personal space, I'd rather have it not accessible.

I'm just saying...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

No one actually ever said or suggested it is. :D Like I said I think you need to tailor your carry options to the group/location where you are happening to visit.

You happened to land here in the middle of a flame war between Joe and young.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Yes.... i am that black and white..... its a constitution right to OC in idiana and if one chooses to exercise that right then they are well within their limits... just because you dont think open carrying on private property until asked (if asked) to remove the firearm from the situation doesnt mean that your perspective is correct.... i have the freedome of speech and religion and i use them.... just because me being christians offends muslims doesnt mean i stop going to church... or only go to church in secret.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I didn't say you should change your views because of anyone else- or even how you practice them.

You aren't going to practice your religion right in front of others though- and I sure don't think you'd stand there and not laugh a little if a Muslim pulled out his blankie while you were standing in line at the store to get on all fours and start praying. You'd find that a little, well, odd- even though he has every right...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Look above you Varminter.

Young is being incendiary, attacking me for my suggestion to CC and accusing me of "hiding" my firearm when he openly admits that he CCs. quote]

someone can be a CCer but still support others rights to OC! I am one of them. thats not a hard concept.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Is putting my car keys or phone in my pocket hiding them? No, it's where they belong- just like my pistol belongs in my IWB holster. I'm not making a point of "hiding" it from anyone. It's under a shirt where it's most comfortable and not getting in the way of anything.

Concealing a gun is equivalent to hiding it. Again, refer to post #44 for the dictionary definition. If you look up the word "hide" it has the word conceal in the definition as well!!

The whole point is so that others don't see it. That is why you(and I) wear an IWB holster(it's to HIDE the majority of the gun), your cover/concealment shirt of some kind HIDES the rest of it. And BTW, under a shirt may be the most comfortable, but an IWB holster generally is not.

Your pocket is used as a storage space for your keys, you are not trying to keep the fact that you have keys in your pocket from others, that is not your intention.

AMAZING

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County

How old are you? This is something scores of others have tried to get to the bottom of with no luck. My guess is 23.

Your own opinion is that your pistol belongs in your IWB holster. For others, it belongs out in the open where it's more comfortable and still not getting in the way of anything.

I'm bored with this, have fun trashing other people's threads with nonsense.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You aren't going to practice your religion right in front of others though-

i do.... i pray out loud with my family before every meal wether in public... someone elses private property or my own home.... period

and I sure don't think you'd stand there and not laugh a little if a Muslim pulled out his blankie while you were standing in line at the store to get on all fours and start praying. You'd find that a little, well, odd- even though he has every right...

find it odd... yes.... seen it too.... but i wouldnt bash him on a public forum for choosing to do so... because that is his right.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    You do understand though that when I originally said "hide" I was talking about keeping guns out of the public's minds so they don't have to worry about our evil little tools of destruction and you should have caught that.

My use of the word "hide" had nothing to do with you or the "discussion" you are trying to have with me.

I don't know why I'm justifying the use of that word to you.

At least now I know your argument had dwindled to a technicality on one simple word...

I support the right to OC.

Buy a good IWB and your comfort problems will go away. I like Comp-Tacs myself.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Your own opinion is that your pistol belongs in your IWB holster. For others, it belongs out in the open where it's more comfortable and still not getting in the way of anything.

I'm bored with this, have fun trashing other people's threads with nonsense.

And your usefulness her was what exactly? To point out that my opinion is wrong? Ok, you're leaving. You must be right? :rolleyes: Sorry our first encounter had to go this way.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Yes.... i am that black and white..... its a constitution right to OC in idiana and if one chooses to exercise that right then they are well within their limits... just because you dont think open carrying on private property until asked (if asked) to remove the firearm from the situation doesnt mean that your perspective is correct.... i have the freedome of speech and religion and i use them.... just because me being christians offends muslims doesnt mean i stop going to church... or only go to church in secret.

+1

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    i do.... i pray out loud with my family before every meal wether in public... someone elses private property or my own home.... period

find it odd... yes.... seen it too.... but i wouldnt bash him on a public forum for choosing to do so... because that is his right.

Who the F*CK am I bashing on an open forum for OC'ing? NOONE.

Young has received the most from me and he CCs. The OP had a great experience. I was just suggesting to others they think when they go- they may not have the same luck. That is all.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You do understand though I was talking about keeping guns out of the public's minds so they don't have to worry about our evil little tools of destruction.

that comment in itself is why i am arguing on behalf of the OCers.... OCing INCREASES public awareness and helps eliminate the stigma that ONLY CRIMINALS wear guns.

Top Bottom