Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw

CASE IN POINT:

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

The scout saw that two of the customers were wearing holstered 1911 Springfield Mil-Spec .45 pistols, and he immediately turned and left the store...

The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave. Ironically, the police car was pulling in to the parking lot just as Matt and J.P. were driving away. In other words, had Matt and J.P. not been armed, the robbery probably would have occurred before the police intervened...

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I don't know anyone who OCs for attention.

Let's look at some things.

Chain of events:

1. Don't OC, it makes people uncomfortable.
    2. While you're at it, don't CC either. It bothers criminals.
    3. Also, don't keep guns in your house. They're much too dangerous for you to have.

Also,

Let's explore some stats.

How many people have been attacked while CCing? While OCing?

How many people have had to draw their firearm while CCing? While OCing?

How many people learned something about firearms from someone who is CCing? From someone who is OCing?

You get my point. OC is no doubt a deterrent. OC is no doubt a good way to educate sheeple.

I have yet to encounter a concerned parent. When I OC, I don't look intimidating. No one has any reason to be concerned. I am not craving attention. If I wore a battle rifle as well, then maybe, maybe, I'm looking for attention. But a sidearm? No. No different than carrying a phone on our hip, and plenty of people do that.

Good points. But please don't make the mistake of assuming that people who only CC never educate the public. There are quite a few of us who share our beliefs and values and have been instrumental in guiding a newbie towards a LTCH. Thinking that only gun owners who show their piece are promoters of gun rights is like holding the opinion that only Christians who wear a cross bring others into the fold.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Good points. But please don't make the mistake of assuming that people who only CC never educate the public. There are quite a few of us who share our beliefs and values and have been instrumental in guiding a newbie towards a LTCH. Thinking that only gun owners who show their piece are promoters of gun rights is like holding the opinion that only Christians who wear a cross bring others into the fold.

Not saying that you don't. Just saying that I often get approached by strangers and asked about gun laws, or the LTCH. If you CC, chances are, no one will know you're carrying. I've had a lot of good conversations over my gun. Met one of my best friends because of it.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0