• ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    *UPDATE*

Dan Bursac the Republic Candidate for the Lake County Sheriff supports our cause and will attend!

Now we just need the permit from the mayor!

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I literally just got off the phone with the mayor FINALLY.

at first he said he didn't want to discuss the matter with me and that the lawyers would handle it. After speaking to him a bit he decided we could sit down and have a meeting next Thursday at 10am to express the concerns of gun owners and discuss terms for the permit.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Would love to hear peoples opinions on what should be said at the meeting. We are working on the letter for requesting the permit. As well as something on paper explaining what we want, what the officers have done wrong, and what they shouldve done (possibly putting down the impd procedures for handling a gun owner) to give to the mayor as a visual aid while we discuss the matter.

all opinions appreciated! !

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I literally just got off the phone with the mayor FINALLY.

at first he said he didn't want to discuss the matter with me and that the lawyers would handle it. After speaking to him a bit he decided we could sit down and have a meeting next Thursday at 10am to express the concerns of gun owners and discuss terms for the permit.

Good on ya Dan. I guess he forgot the "cal when the guy is at work" rule.
    Any bets on if "Da Mayor" will have an emergency and be a no-show?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Good on ya Dan. I guess he forgot the "cal when the guy is at work" rule.
    Any bets on if "Da Mayor" will have an emergency and be a no-show?

At first he seemed to not want any part of it. But after we discussed briefly the laws and rights being violated he seemed sincere in wanting to sit down and discuss it. Especially after I voiced that im not alone in this and that there are other gun owners wanting to attend the rally.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Would love to hear peoples opinions on what should be said at the meeting. We are working on the letter for requesting the permit. As well as something on paper explaining what we want, what the officers have done wrong, and what they shouldve done (possibly putting down the impd procedures for handling a gun owner) to give to the mayor as a visual aid while we discuss the matter.

all opinions appreciated! !

I wonder if Denny, Frank, VUPDBlue, etc have access to official policy they can provide? It might go over better on IMPD "stationery" than just "here is what I say IMPD (supposedly) does Mr. Mayor. You have to take my word for it since you probably wont seek out their guidance on your own after our meeting".

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I wonder if Denny, Frank, VUPDBlue, etc have access to official policy they can provide? It might go over better on IMPD "stationery" than just "here is what I say IMPD (supposedly) does Mr. Mayor. You have to take my word for it since you probably wont seek out their guidance on your own after our meeting".

What do you mean stationery?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    With official letterhead , or not moving.

StationAry: Not moving.
    StationEry: Special paper for writing on, typically with official letterhead or markings.

/grammar nazi. (I had to double check myself before posting the first message, so I'm not a genius)

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    There's this,
    § 130.06 WEAPONS.

(A)
    Discharge prohibited. It is unlawful for any person, except an officer of the law in the discharge of his or her duties, to carry in a loaded condition, hunt with or discharge any firearm, pistol, gun or shotgun which acts by force of gunpowder or any weapon from which a shot or projectile is expelled by an explosive, within the city.

(Prior Code, § 11-9) (Ord. 656, § 1)

which sounds like it blatantly contradicts the preemption references in IC 35-47. Poorly written, the subject of the paragraph is not actually referenced in the body.

more to follow

NOTE: ... Topic refers to Firing a Gun in City Limits ... i.e. Discharge prohibited.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    NOTE: ... Topic refers to Firing a Gun in City Limits ... i.e. Discharge prohibited.

Yes, that is the topic. And within that topic is a regulation that no one besides a LEO may carry in a loaded condition. Also you have a grammatical error in your sig line, i.e. *you're

Yep. Which is legally unenforceable.

§ 130.06 WEAPONS.
    (A)
    Discharge prohibited.
    It is unlawful for any person, except an officer of the law in the discharge of his
    or her duties, to carry in a loaded condition, hunt with or discharge any firearm, pistol, gun or shotgun which
    acts by force of gunpowder or any weapon from which a shot or projectile is expelled by an explosive, within
    the city.

Top Bottom