• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm sure bail money won't be needed. We will have a peaceful walk, we are prepared, it will be a positive event

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One thought, it might be a good idea to run empty chambers and empty mags, go "show" only. Just for the express purpose of avoiding LEO's accidentally discharging a weapon they are unfamiliar with or playing the "dump the rounds on the ground" game. One could keep a loaded mag in an alternate pocket. I only suggest this due to the fact there will be cameras and innocent bystanders....and we don't know that some rookie cop might do something stupid. :)

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think we will use the same procedure we used on the last 2 walks, no chambered rounds in the rifles, handguns like you normally carry, it has worked well in the past

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Great post and you are right, if that was my depth of understanding, I would probably not even bother to post about this event. I am glad to see you make the comments you have and I hope your suggestion are practiced. I also rep you.

I was very pleased with SJ's response to my comment. My intent as "devil's advocate" was to inspire him to think about his role as the leader of this event. A leader says what is acceptable and what is not, regardless of what others may think. He will be the face of this event, so if he's not the one who is the most well spoken, passionate, and versed, the media will use the other person you mentioned. That would not be good. I believe SJ will do well, but I will still continue to ask questions and hope you and others are not offended by me doing so.

Absolutely. I have the same intention. I want this to go off well. I am in disagreement about the day but otherwise the rest is well worth the effort and the discussion.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I haven't read everything in this thread (got to about page 20), but something that deeply concerns me is how people participating in this event have attacked those who criticized it. People who have expressed concern about this event have been called nasty names just short of anti-american traitors. People who have very politely tried to explain why they think this is a poor way to promote the 2nd Amendment (NOT that guy at Pops) have really taken a beating.

Just because someone disagrees with the way you choose to promote 2nd Amendment rights does not mean they aren't true lovers of the 2nd Amendment.

This is an extreme example, but I am vehemently anti-abortion. However I would never agree with people who choose to bomb abortion clinics and murder doctors. Does that make me less pro-life? I am NOT trying to compare you to domestic terrorists, just showing that people can have different approaches to the same goal. Just because they disagree with your approach does not mean they don't feel as deeply about the cause.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    When I heard about this on the radio today my initial thought aside from "I bet it's those INGO nutz", lol was sure. It seemed like a good idea until I realized the media attention could likely cause trouble. The last thing we need is some idiot thinking this is a good time to prove a point. I can just see it now.....Some bozo drives by, fires a shot into the air or drops a firecracker and is then shot to death from 73 different angles......16 months later, medical examiners determine that the fatal shot was the one that killed him.....lol.......in the meantime....the media and libtards have a hayday at our expense.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    When I heard about this on the radio today my initial thought aside from "I bet it's those INGO nutz", lol was sure. It seemed like a good idea until I realized the media attention could likely cause trouble. The last thing we need is some idiot thinking this is a good time to prove a point. I can just see it now.....Some bozo drives by, fires a shot into the air or drops a firecracker and is then shot to death from 73 different angles......16 months later, medical examiners determine that the fatal shot was the one that killed him.....lol.......in the meantime....the media and libtards have a hayday at our expense.

It's not those INGO nutz, it's just a group of gun owners going out to educate the public.

red_phoenix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    wish everyone at the oc the best. sometimes its just showing the people that carrying is safe. ya know getting them over the initial fear of it all.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I don't think it would take a medical examiner to make this determination. :dunno: :D By the way, I get what you did there.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I think we will use the same procedure we used on the last 2 walks, no chambered rounds in the rifles, handguns like you normally carry, it has worked well in the past
    Just wondering...if you have your level actions loaded but not chambered, and then Officer n00b decides to flex a little authority and mess with your weapon, then wouldn't he or she have to chamber every round in order to eject it?

I wish you guys the best. I would consider walking with you all, but I will have my 2 year old. Safety issue...wouldn't want a camera to be focused on me trying to manage him while also toting a rifle. We might come out and check you guys out for a second, though!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Just wondering...if you have your level actions loaded but not chambered, and then Officer n00b decides to flex a little authority and mess with your weapon, then wouldn't he or she have to chamber every round in order to eject it?

I wish you guys the best. I would consider walking with you all, but I will have my 2 year old. Safety issue...wouldn't want a camera to be focused on me trying to manage him while also toting a rifle. We might come out and check you guys out for a second, though!

I plan on not having ammo in my lever action, you can come out and join us and not carry at all if you chose, several members are bringing their kids, me included hopefully

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    that's why I say leave media out of it, those deceitful and dishonest scums....twist anything to make a buck

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.

I am also entitled to mine. I will follow the person with a track record of pushing for laws in favor of restoring our State Constitutionally and Federal Constitutionally protected rights.

I won't follow anyone. I will however support those who deserve it.
    Regardless, I will always inform my elected officials, who are there to serve and not be followed, what the conditions of my support are. How I see the issues and how I require them to vote. :twocents:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    This is an extreme example, but I am vehemently anti-abortion. However I would never agree with people who choose to bomb abortion clinics and murder doctors. Does that make me less pro-life? I am NOT trying to compare you to domestic terrorists, just showing that people can have different approaches to the same goal. Just because they disagree with your approach does not mean they don't feel as deeply about the cause.

Killing to justify not killing is what crazy people do...and not at all legal. Anyone that supports such actions are terrorist minded as well.

You're right, that is an extreme example and not a fair comparison AT ALL, as our walk to inform the public has no illegal element to it whatsoever!

Come up with a fair comparison, then you might have some teeth to your position.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom