• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Obama personally invites every guest of the white house but Bush and/or Reagan didn't?

Now you are getting it! :D

Did you even read the original article? My guess would be... no

Last Friday, an attaché of important gay people from Philadelphia made a trip to Washington D.C. as invited guests of President Barack Obama for the White House’s first-ever gay pride reception.
    You were saying?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Did you even read the original article? My guess would be... no

You were saying?

Psssst. Anyone who gets invited to the White House is a guest of the President. It is just wording. Obama didn't set up an e-vite or send out a text. You can't be this simple...I hope. :n00b:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Psssst. Anyone who gets invited to the White House is a guest of the President. It is just wording. Obama didn't set up an e-vite or send out a text. You can't be this simple...I hope. :n00b:

Psst: You don't see the difference between STAFFERS allowing call boys in after hours, and a party that Obama endorsed and attended?

Obama Holding Gay Pride Month Reception At White House

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama will host a reception at the White House to observe Gay Pride Month on Friday.
    In a proclamation earlier this month, the president stressed that his administration has worked to "level the playing field for lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people."
    Obama's recent declaration of support for gay marriage was celebrated as a key endorsement among gay rights groups.
    After the reception, the first family leaves for Chicago, where they will spend the night.
    Versus..

Washington Times on Franklin Case

One of the ring's high-profile clients was so well-connected, in fact, that he could arrange a middle-of-the-night tour of the White House for his friends on Sunday, July 3, of last year. Among the six persons on the extraordinary 1 a.m. tour were two male prostitutes. (emphasis mine)
    Sure, those are exactly the same situations :n00b:

Yeah, *I* am "simple"...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You're really reaching....

Doesn't it depend?

If you're concerned about behavior of visitors in the white house, then yeah, he's reaching. On the other hand, some staffer sneaking miscreants into the white house after hours compared to a group invited and audienced by the POTUS--there's is a little difference...in my opinion.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Asked:
    You're really reaching....

Answered:
    Doesn't it depend?

If you're concerned about behavior of visitors in the white house, then yeah, he's reaching. On the other hand, some staffer sneaking miscreants into the white house after hours compared to a group invited and audienced by the POTUS--there's is a little difference...in my opinion.

That was my point. level.eleven said the difference was "just wording" in regards to whether the President invited both groups. I disagree for the reasons stated above.

There is a difference between:
    "all WhiteHouse guests are TECHNICALLY guests of the POTUS, so those call boys let in by staffers were technically invited by the POTUS"

and:
    "President Barack Obama will host a reception.."

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Question for those of you that claim to be able to cast blame without any bias toward Dem or Republican, Liberal or Conservative, Gay or Straight, etc., etc. Do you have any core value or belief system? Don't care if your thought process begins with contemplation of belly button lint. What is the point of constantly saying everyone is equally guilty?

Sounds like an immature kid justifying doing something stupid because little Johnny did it first. Do you make life decisions based on what your neighbor got away with last week?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Question for those of you that claim to be able to cast blame without any bias toward Dem or Republican, Liberal or Conservative, Gay or Straight, etc., etc. Do you have any core value or belief system? Don't care if your thought process begins with contemplation of belly button lint. What is the point of constantly saying everyone is equally guilty?

Sounds like an immature kid justifying doing something stupid because little Johnny did it first. Do you make life decisions based on what your neighbor got away with last week?

You're totally missing the point. What sounds like an immature kid and a hypocrite is feigning outrage over what your opponents are doing while ignoring or making excuses for what your guys are doing.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    What is the point?

Seems like the point is to squelch support of a person, political party, moral stance, or opinion by repeating everybody is guilty.

You're totally missing the point. What sounds like an immature kid and a hypocrite is feigning outrage over what your opponents are doing while ignoring or making excuses for what your guys are doing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Seems like the point is to squelch support of a person, political party, moral stance, or opinion by repeating everybody is guilty.

Or to actually have a little bit of integrity to the complaints. Obama can't fart without somebody complaining about how unamerican he is, he's a Muslim, etc. if Romney wins this November, the presidential griping threads here will be cut in at least half. Most of the Romney supporters will be silent or only defend Romney.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Or to actually have a little bit of integrity to the complaints. Obama can't fart without somebody complaining about how unamerican he is, he's a Muslim, etc. if Romney wins this November, the presidential griping threads here will be cut in at least half. Most of the Romney supporters will be silent or only defend Romney.

Yeah, and you've never complained about Obama?

On the front, it had Obama on a $100 bill and said historical victory. On the back it said something to the effect of they didn't give us 40 acres and a mule so we took 50 states and a white house and had Gobama below that. Our country is hosed.

Obama Bull**** Bingo
    This is way too funny! * *Think you can manage to sit thru another of his
    speeches?????

Rules for Bull**** Bingo

1. Before Barrack Obama's next televised speech, prepare your "Bull****
    Bingo" card by drawing a square and dividing it into 25 blocks in a 5 x 5 array.

2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:

Restored our reputation

Strategic fit

Let me be clear

Make no mistake

Back from the brink

Signs of recovery

Out of the loop

Benchmark

Job creation

Fiscal restraint

Win-win

Affordable health care

Previous Administration

Greed on Wall Street

At the end of the day

Empower (or empowerment)

Touch base

Mindset

Corporate greed

Ballpark

Game plan

Leverage

Inherited as in "I inherited this message

Relief for working families

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those
    words/phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand
    up and shout

"BULL****!"

Testimonials from past satisfied "Bull**** Bingo" players:

"I had been listening to the speech for only five minutes when I won." -
    Jack W., Boston

"My attention span during speeches has improved dramatically." - David D.,
    Florida

"What a gas! Speeches will never be the same for me after my first win." -
    Bill R., New York City

"The atmosphere was tense in the last speech as 14 of us waited for the
    fifth box." - Ben G., Denver

"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "BULL****!" for the third
    time in two hours." - Harry A, Chantilly

9cbf8f6a6b950e76_mime-attachment.preview.jpeg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Go ahead and bash the gay lovin, Muslim Kenyan. At every turn about everything. Looks like I'll have to listen to 4 more years of it. Yawn.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't read the entire thread, but for any citizen of our country to have the opportunity to visit the White House, regardless what party member is occupying the seat, it should be an honor. Once we cross the threshold, partisan politics should be left outside.

To disrespect a former-President the way they did it is disgraceful and un-American, IMHO. It's not only disrespectful to the former-President(s), but anyone who is an American. The people in the pictures should be ashamed of themselves.

No, I don't hold the President responsible for this, but it sure would be nice if someone from his staff made this disapear. I'm sure they can make it happen.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I didn't read the entire thread, but for any citizen of our country to have the opportunity to visit the White House, regardless what party member is occupying the seat, it should be an honor. Once we cross the threshold, partisan politics should be left outside.

To disrespect a former-President the way they did it is disgraceful and un-American, IMHO. It's not only disrespectful to the former-President(s), but anyone who is an American. The people in the pictures should be ashamed of themselves.

No, I don't hold the President responsible for this, but it sure would be nice if someone from his staff made this disapear. I'm sure they can make it happen.

White House scolds guests who flipped off Reagan portrait | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The White House on Monday verbally rapped the knuckles of a pair of guests who posed for photographs giving former President Ronald Reagan's portrait the one-finger salute while attending a gay pride reception a week ago.

Whew!

I'm glad they got out in front of this one! :n00b::laugh:

Top Bottom