• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They were lining up for the photo op it sounded like to me. They had 3 or 4 pictures in the story of the people flipping off the portrait. Want to bet there were more than that?

I would lay odds that you are correct. These folks were rude, mis-behaving radical nutjobs IMHO. This kind of activity is not OK in any setting that reflects on this society. That they (same deal, insert as needed) want special treatment and laws to protect the bad behavior.
    Lets see how far you or I would get with this if tried....we would have been ejected on our AR$$ES.
    If these whacks were subjected to background by the secret service then again...Epic Fail.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    EXACTLY!

But wait.........they're "special" (insert whatever person or group that misbehaves)..............they can act however they want and you're supposed to accept it. Not doing so means you've got issues, not them.

well i'm sure in this case if we dont support them in flipping off reagan cause he was in office when aids came on the scene (not sure what he was supposed to do about their behavior in transmitting it? :dunno:) the we must be homophobes ............... personally i can live with this

i just cant over the "reagan had blood on his hands) because of aids?

gays were the ones spreading it the most back then! it's like saying "its the governments responsibility that i am engaging in unsafe sex and i don't want to have to deal with those consequences"

it reminds me of the more recent young college whore *****ing about birth control in congress! dont want to have a baby close ur legs, dont want to get aids keep ur butt covered

jake

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    well i'm sure in this case if we dont support them in flipping off reagan cause he was in office when aids came on the scene (not sure what he was supposed to do about their behavior in transmitting it? :dunno:) the we must be homophobes ............... personally i can live with this

i just cant over the "reagan had blood on his hands) because of aids?

gays were the ones spreading it the most back then! it's like saying "its the governments responsibility that i am engaging in unsafe sex and i don't want to have to deal with those consequences"

it reminds me of the more recent young college whore *****ing about birth control in congress! dont want to have a baby close ur legs, dont want to get aids keep ur butt covered

jake

:+1: The rep fairy is still being stingy--that spreading around thing again!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Have to agree with this statement.

To some extent but on balance I disagree. I criticized Bush almost as soon as he got in office. He reached out to Teddy Kennedy to write his No Child Left Behind Bill. I knew right then, he wasn't the guy I thought I was voting for. I was also highly critical of the bailouts that he pulled at the end. There were several things in between that I disliked but to be honest, because of 9/11 I gave him a pass to some extent. The first Bush was never conservative enough for me. Even Reagan who is one of the better Presidents we have had in recent history, wasn't perfect and did several things I criticized. If you read back there was a bit of a conservative revolt a couple of times when he was in. But none of them would have allowed crap like this to go on while they were residing in the People's House.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    To some extent but on balance I disagree. I criticized Bush almost as soon as he got in office. He reached out to Teddy Kennedy to write his No Child Left Behind Bill. I knew right then, he wasn't the guy I thought I was voting for. I was also highly critical of the bailouts that he pulled at the end. There were several things in between that I disliked but to be honest, because of 9/11 I gave him a pass to some extent. The first Bush was never conservative enough for me. Even Reagan who is one of the better Presidents we have had in recent history, wasn't perfect and did several things I criticized. If you read back there was a bit of a conservative revolt a couple of times when he was in. But none of them would have allowed crap like this to go on while they were residing in the People's House.

:+1:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I was growing weary of Bush myself. His lack of concern on the border, the bailouts you mention and several other issues. None of them can be truly conservative anymore. They all owe favors and such for getting to the big boy chair. It is not a solo effort.

There is some truth in the statement and we all need to see that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Reagan's legacy isn't yet set. I believe within the next 75 to 100 years, he will be considered one of the worst presidents, which I already currently believe; but that's another thread.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Reagan's legacy isn't yet set. I believe within the next 75 to 100 years, he will be considered one of the worst presidents, which I already currently believe; but that's another thread.

i'm not that read up on reagan but all i can think of is the amnesty and his failure to secure the border too.

not sure he was that instrumental in the fall of the soviet union either, kinda seems like they were imploding anyhow and he or his speech writer was just smart enough to come up with the wall speech

jake

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    i'm not that read up on reagan but all i can think of is the amnesty and his failure to secure the border too.

not sure he was that instrumental in the fall of the soviet union either, kinda seems like they were imploding anyhow and he or his speech writer was just smart enough to come up with the wall speech

jake

He basically bankrupted the Soviets in the arms race. He was much more aggressive in confronting them head on after the 4 years of appeasement from the Carter Administration. They simply could no longer compete. He, Margaret Thatcher and Pope Paul II all deserve credit for the collapse of the Soviet Union for somewhat different reasons.

When he came to office inflation was very high and unemployment (stagflation). He cut top marginal tax rates by a large percent which brought about 2 decades of a growing economy. I would also point out that tax receipts doubled during his tenure. The deficit however exploded. He made a bargain with the Democrats that never was kept.

Carter had just about destroyed the military and Reagan had to rebuild it and modernize it.

He also did a lot to improve the morale of the country. People were wondering if we would ever have any improvement in our lives and the economy. During Carter, they spoke of the great malaise that had overcome the country.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    He basically bankrupted the Soviets in the arms race. He was much more aggressive in confronting them head on after the 4 years of appeasement from the Carter Administration. They simply could no longer compete. He, Margaret Thatcher and Pope Paul II all deserve credit for the collapse of the Soviet Union for somewhat different reasons.

When he came to office inflation was very high and unemployment (stagflation). He cut top marginal tax rates by a large percent which brought about 2 decades of a growing economy. I would also point out that tax receipts doubled during his tenure. The deficit however exploded. He made a bargain with the Democrats that never was kept.

Carter had just about destroyed the military and Reagan had to rebuild it and modernize it.

He also did a lot to improve the morale of the country. People were wondering if we would ever have any improvement in our lives and the economy. During Carter, they spoke of the great malaise that had overcome the country.

And 30 years from now, they'll be saying the same great things about Romney.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah

i would never say he didnt do anything good, i just have doubts to the "legend" i guess.

jake

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    i would never say he didnt do anything good, i just have doubts to the "legend" i guess.

jake

Like I said in another thread today. He had his faults. When he took the Dems' promise they would cut spending, he made a fool's bargain. some of us questioned going into Lebanon. I am sure there were others as well.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    wtpage1small.gifw60448.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEOMrW1m9uA

Crazier things have certainly happened in the White House.

Top Bottom