• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When the reality TV star who traffics in conspiracy theories won the presidency that's the day the US jumped the shark.

When the electorate put Barry back in the big boy chair for #2 term I felt this way.

Think of what we would have if Billary had won. Give it some thought and get back with us.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Honest question: for what will he be impeached?

Would it be so hard to imagine him being impeached for various ethics/corruption/conflicts of interest violations?

I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, but it doesn't take a creative genius to find it plausible. :)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Would it be so hard to imagine him being impeached for various ethics/corruption/conflicts of interest violations?

I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, but it doesn't take a creative genius to find it plausible. :)

Oh, for sure. I didn't want to answer my own question, so I left it wide open. It's almost hard to imagine him making it 4 years without stepping on it. The question was meant to determine if Alpo thought along these lines, or had something specific in mind.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dangit, sorry.

I feel like when the professor asks a question and I blurt out the answer before she actually calls on someone. :)

Oh, for the record, I think he'd resign WAY before he got impeached.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is the best article I have read that explains how bad the Obamacare Light Repub version was. We are fortunate it was pulled.

Speaker Ryan?s Dishonest Incompetence

Interesting article, apparently taking exception solely to the pre-existing condition requirement.

I agree that's a huge problem. Which is part of the reason this will not effectively be addressed by a repeal-only strategy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh, for sure. I didn't want to answer my own question, so I left it wide open. It's almost hard to imagine him making it 4 years without stepping on it. The question was meant to determine if Alpo thought along these lines, or had something specific in mind.

No new theory. I think between the Russian connections/collaborations (alleged), the possibility of not being able to tell the truth under oath, violation of the espionage act in some form or another, and assorted other high crimes and misdemeanors, there is a strong possibility he will step over the line.

Seriously, though, I'm concerned with his mental stability. I'm not sure he's the man he used to be or the man people think he might be. I'd welcome Pence as a replacement at the earliest convenience. He has the gravitas required of the office. Trump is embarrassing to me as a citizen.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    There is of course a Plan B option that could be used to total destroy the ACA AND any future federal interference in healthcare.

As the republicans control the majority of state houses, I propose:

The 28th Amendment to the Constitution: "The federal government shall no power to regulate private health insurance. The Interstate Commerce Clause shall not apply to private health insurance. Any existing federal regulations affecting private health insurance are hereby repealed."

BOOM!

If the federalies cannot do it, get the state republicans to make it so.

Just a thought...

Regards,

Doug

Why would an amendment need to be put in place, to keep government from doing something the Constitution gives them no authority to do in the first damn place? This whole thing is convoluted to the point of being ridiculous.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Why would an amendment need to be put in place, to keep government from doing something the Constitution gives them no authority to do in the first damn place? This whole thing is convoluted to the point of being ridiculous.

Because the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that it IS Constitutional and their opinion is the only one that matters.

Regards,

Doug

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Saving this one for the impeachment.

After all the treason America dealt with over the past eight years, there is no way trump can be impeached. If Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and the refusal to enforce sovereign U.S. law on illegals, just to nmae a few, aren`t enough to get a sitting president tried and convicted of crimes against America, nothing is.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    yawn. That's history. You couldn't make anything stick because (as it has been shown) republicans can't DO anything. They don't have a D or L on their PRNDL

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    After all the treason America dealt with over the past eight years, there is no way trump can be impeached. If Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and the refusal to enforce sovereign U.S. law on illegals, just to nmae a few, aren`t enough to get a sitting president tried and convicted of crimes against America, nothing is.
    At the risk of inviting a total derail, none of those things listed are really impeachable offenses. In fact, "refusal to enforce" is a fundamental option for an executive in the government.

And "crimes against America" isn't even a thing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    At the risk of inviting a total derail, none of those things listed are really impeachable offenses. In fact, "refusal to enforce" is a fundamental option for an executive in the government.

And "crimes against America" isn't even a thing.

Thank you. Here, let me clean your bayonet for you......:rockwoot:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    No new theory. I think between the Russian connections/collaborations (alleged), the possibility of not being able to tell the truth under oath, violation of the espionage act in some form or another, and assorted other high crimes and misdemeanors, there is a strong possibility he will step over the line.

Seriously, though, I'm concerned with his mental stability. I'm not sure he's the man he used to be or the man people think he might be. I'd welcome Pence as a replacement at the earliest convenience. He has the gravitas required of the office. Trump is embarrassing to me as a citizen.

I actually don't think there is much to this Russia stuff. If there were, we would have it by now. The attack on Nunez is instructive. But as to the rest, I think it could all be filed under "loose cannon", and I think that will somehow cost him. Will he resign as Lex says? Part of me agrees, but then this vision of a megalomaniac appears in front of me and I question that.

Pence 2019!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know about Russia. But I put this "word cloud" together and ...maybe...: Russia, Oligarch, ex-KGB, Land Development, Gambling, Foreign Debt, Bankruptcy, New York City

Add words as you think of them. It's not pretty.

I don't know about you, but having his son-in-law and favorite daughter installed in the White House is beyond curious. What ruler shares his throne? History gives us some, but I can't recall a president doing so...unless you count Nancy Reagan hiding Ron's dementia for some period.

Top Bottom