• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If I am not mistaken,Trump told the IRS not to enforce the " individual mandate" back in Feb. That should speed the collapse.

I disagree. All it is going to do is put a greater financial burden on the general budget and we will carry folks. There will still be subsidies that will be paid.

The republicans need to take the exact opposite tack! Enforce every damn rule, no matter how minor or cruel. Make Americans suffer under this thing. Make the ACA do everything it was designed to do. Make every business, city government, state government, person suffer under the weight of this thing. Only then will the middle and the "light left" wake up! The "far left" won't care, but when the rules stop being waivered and the unions, liberal democratic cities that supply their own heath care, and others that aren't being burden start to feel the squeeze - THEN the republicans will be understood.

Until such time as the full pain and agony of the ACA is felt by many the republicans resistance will only be seen as partisanship, not reasonable disgust.

Regards,

Doug

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...It sucks when your team loses.

Luckily for me, my team isn't the R's the D's or the L's. And I'm certainly not with Ryan, Trump, Paul or Jordan. I'm siding with America, and we still have a chance. In part because your team couldn't get their deflated ball across the goal line.

None of us has a "team" anymore. Just people we can align with at different times to achieve different goals. I am free to support a group I think is making a move in the positive direction, without the allegation they're somehow "my team" because I supported them one time on one issue. One group tried to land a small hit on Obamacare which would assist in bringing the failure we both wish for. It wasn't as big a whack as we wanted, so you have decided the better approach is to do nothing. I'm simply different; when I see somebody moving in the correct direction, I'm inclined to let them do it, whether it's "my team" or not.

I'm trying to get you to see that nobody is coming to the rescue on this. Now that the "nothing" option has been selected, the "Do Nothing Clock" is now ticking on Obamacare - and the timer rests in the hands of the people you supported this time around.

We had the first 100 days of the Trump administration to land a harpoon in this whale. Like any whale kill, we then could have spent the next 4 years chasing it and putting more barbs in until it went belly up. You supported not firing the harpoon. We of course have more harpoons...but what's not clear is that we'll get another shot. I think this is going to turn out to be an opportunity missed.

If I am not mistaken,Trump told the IRS not to enforce the " individual mandate" back in Feb. That should speed the collapse.

That's the positive difference a President can make! The recently attempted legislation would have taken away the ability for any future President to enforce that "Individual Mandate," thereby assuring collapse.

But some people thought it was better to refuse our piece of cake, because we can't have the whole cake. They need to understand the cake isn't going to last forever, and you better take the pieces you can get, when you can get them.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And what I'm trying to get you to understand is that if we had fired the harpoon, we would have claimed victory and given up whaling. That is the MO for the national GOP. This bill wasn't a partial healthcare overhaul, it was less painful Obamacare. For now it still hurts, so they are already talking about what the next bill will look like. You can't let these guys spike the football. They'll do it on their own 20 if you let them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. Let's take this whale thing even further. It's a committee of whalers, some of whom want to prevent killing whales altogether. Some want to talk softly to the whales. Some want to use nuclear weapons on the whales. Some want to use cannons. Some want to use harpoons. Some want to use spit-balls. The instrument that the most in this committee can at least live with is the harpoons, but the nuke and cannon supporters won't agree to the harpoons unless they have explosive tips. So, then, all the whalers go home because they can't agree on the disposition of the whale.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    What complicates it is when the harpoon folks show up at the boat with slingshots and tell us they have harpoons. Then proceed to tell us there is no time to go back and get the real harpoons.

If we had to fix it now with whatever we could muster up to this point, doesn't that alone tell you there was no intention of further action in the next couple of years?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I generally think of republicans as being wrapped around a very small axle. I like this new image better!

0a3175e1e92f222d7b14ce728233a54b.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey "cannon crew:"

I am unfamiliar with this reference. I've been part of many kinds of organizations, including a posse, a bar, and a staff. Although a fan, I was not part of 2 Live Crew. How does one know if one is part of a/the "cannon crew"?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I am unfamiliar with this reference. I've been part of many kinds of organizations, including a posse, a bar, and a staff. Although a fan, I was not part of 2 Live Crew. How does one know if one is part of a/the "cannon crew"?

You are a lawyer, hence your assignment is to bayonet the wounded after the battle is over.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You are a lawyer, hence your assignment is to bayonet the wounded after the battle is over.

Ok. I'm totally overqualified for that.

I should have a leadership role ordering younger associates to do that.

Who do I talk to about promotions in this organization? Fair warning: I may or may not be a member of about 6 protected classes, so I expect totally fair treatment compared to other protected classes. I also don't have to tell you which protected classes, since that's personal/confidential/privileged information.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Have you been assigned a clipboard? A whistle? If affirmative, then the leadership role is in your future. If not, please inspect your bayonet for rust. Blood is likely to lead to corrosion if not attended to.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey "cannon crew:" did you count the number of times The President used the term "bipartisan" in this report?

The whale is diving deep, now.

The whale is just trolling the whalers at this point.

Ok. I'm totally overqualified for that.

I should have a leadership role ordering younger associates to do that.

Who do I talk to about promotions in this organization? Fair warning: I may or may not be a member of about 6 protected classes, so I expect totally fair treatment compared to other protected classes. I also don't have to tell you which protected classes, since that's personal/confidential/privileged information.

If you are unwilling to declare your victim-hood, you are ineligible for the benefits.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you are unwilling to declare your victim-hood, you are ineligible for the benefits.
    Whoa whoa whoa.

You don't get to tell my victimness-identity what to do.

Legally, I'm protected from your authoritarian cis-ness. I only have to declare my status.

If you aren't one of us, you just can't understand. And without understanding, you only have the control over my personhood that I allow you to have. And you get none.

So there.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Hey "cannon crew:" did you count the number of times The President used the term "bipartisan" in this report?

The whale is diving deep, now.

I'm going to get you some Valium. Until it comes in, you'll have to promise me you'll take deep breaths. In through the nose slowly, hold it, slowly put through the mouth.

All is not lost. Remain calm.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I gotta say, Trump's reaction is very business-y, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

If one service provider isn't giving you what you need, go someplace else.

In this situation, when that one doesn't play ball, either, I wonder what he'll do.

"President Pence" provides an alliterative appeal.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Trump is proving that he isn't a genius. I wish my criticism was something stupid....like born in Kenya. Unfortunately, we've got Jed Clampett and his kinfolk running the administration.

Or maybe the Addams family. A dye job and Melanoma looks like Morticia. Bannon as Uncle Fester. Jared as Pugsly......

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Trump is proving that he isn't a genius. I wish my criticism was something stupid....like born in Kenya. Unfortunately, we've got Jed Clampett and his kinfolk running the administration.

Or maybe the Addams family. A dye job and Melanoma looks like Morticia. Bannon as Uncle Fester. Jared as Pugsly......

Genuis, hell! The guy says that he not only doesn't like to read, he doesn't like to even read emails. He says he likes to go with his gut and depending on how he senses the room that's the choice he'll make that day even if it's different from how he might have felt the day before.

When the reality TV star who traffics in conspiracy theories won the presidency that's the day the US jumped the shark.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I generally think of republicans as being wrapped around a very small axle. I like this new image better!

0a3175e1e92f222d7b14ce728233a54b.jpg

Might as well picture the Democrat party then.

th

Though I guess that could apply to multiple parties. Since they all seem to be shouting who can give away the most "free" money.

Top Bottom