• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    OWLRY?

I thought the big hoopla was to release more than just a couple of years. This would be like Obama showing everyone his grades from his 8th semester...

Right. No one offered money to Romney. Instead they implied that he engaged in a felony.

Maybe he has a secret. Maybe he doesn't.

We will never know unless he finally givens into this circus. Anyone with half a brain realizes that it is a lose lose to play such games. Worst case scenario is that he has some damning secret. Best case is that he shows weakness by giving into to the demands of a living breathing cartoon character.

Again. I don't like Obama as President. I would like him (or any of our leaders) less if he gave in to this petty nonsense.

What is the dollar amount that you place on the respect/trust others (your children, spouse, co-workers, etc) have for you?

Notice I said I wasn't an Obama supporter.

Do you really believe that if Romney owed taxes the IRS would not be inditing him???

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

Again. Romney released his 2010 and 2011 taxes. The rest of the information is a 2 page summary (page 2 is pretty much signatures) to cover 20 years. Sometimes you have to read more than just the headline.

At best this would be like Obama saying "My GPA was X. My lowest GPA for any single semester was Y. The GPA for my best semester was Z."

I don't know about the university you attended, but my college transcript is a list of classes and grades I got for those classes. It doesn't say what nationality or race I am, what scholarships or grants I recieved to help pay for those classes, etc.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think they can spin that under domestic violence and get you that way? If Big O wins, you may see Trump in jail and it will give Holder something to do.

At least until Obama appoints Holder to the SCOTUS.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    ^Do you really believe a Kenyan citizen is President of the USA?

With Obama and his connections it is really hard to know what to believe...why else would he not release his college transcripts??? Why so long to release his birth certificate...I believe he was born in Hawaii...but the way the laws were years ago with his father being listed a Kenyon citizen he may have had the option to take his fathers citizenship. That would not change his birth certificate. I know 30 years ago I tried to go to college in San Diego and was told I was a New York state citizen, my husband was still filing as a New York citizen living in CA, but I had never lived in NY.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Again. Romney released his 2010 and 2011 taxes. The rest of the information is a 2 page summary (page 2 is pretty much signatures) to cover 20 years. Sometimes you have to read more than just the headline.

At best this would be like Obama saying "My GPA was X. My lowest GPA for any single semester was Y. The GPA for my best semester was Z."

I don't know about the university you attended, but my college transcript is a list of classes and grades I got for those classes. It doesn't say what nationality or race I am, what scholarships or grants I recieved to help pay for those classes, etc.

So if Romney released 20 years of fully detailed tax returns, expenditures, investments, earnings, etc.--which would basically be exposing his entire life story--would you then agree that Obama should release his college transcripts? Or would you still seek to protect Obama from whatever ominous thing you fear he is hiding that could possibly harm dear leader?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think the Democrats are any more justified in asking Romney for more tax information than the Republicans are in asking Obama for his college records.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    So if Romney released 20 years of fully detailed tax returns, expenditures, investments, earnings, etc.--which would basically be exposing his entire life story--would you then agree that Obama should release his college transcripts? Or would you still seek to protect Obama from whatever ominous thing you fear he is hiding that could possibly harm dear leader?

No and No.

I said I expect neither of them to surrender to calls for them to release stuff not required to be released. Why should either man give in to demands of his enemy?

Like I said before. It is a lose lose proposition (doesn't matter which guy does it, there is no winning). Best case is that you lose respect of your supporters for bending to the demands of your foes.

You incorrectly claimed that Romney released all of his tax records (probably because you saw a headline that you liked and decided it must be true). I explained what the headline was talking about and then gave explained how that would be like Obama releasing part of his information. I guess I should have mentioned that it would leave everyone searching for some magical deep dark Obama secret all sad face because it wouldn't contain the detail they were demanding. I figured you would be able to put that bit together yourself and for that I apologize.

I don't think the Democrats are any more justified in asking Romney for more tax information than the Republicans are in asking Obama for his college records.

I am not saying they are. I'm saying neither should give in to these demands.

If you are doing something on the terms of your enemy, your enemy is winning.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What are the college transcripts supposed to reveal other than coursework and grades? What do the birthers think they will find?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If that is all it is, what is the big deal about keeping them secret?

So then, you do not even know for what you search. Topping off that little gem, you deploy the if you don't have anything to hide argument. This a weak position.

The passports are just more birther conspiracy theory. That, I understand. A well know caricature of the modern day GOP.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So then, you do not even know for what you search. Topping off that little gem, you deploy the if you don't have anything to hide argument. This a weak position.

The passports are just more birther conspiracy theory. That, I understand. A well know caricature of the modern day GOP.

Looks like we agree on something. I think since the "if you don't have anything to hide" argument as been applied to Romney's taxes and Obama's grades, it is equally weak for both. I don't care what Obama's grades were as long as his credentials are what is claimed. I don't care how much money Romney made, or where he maid it, as long as he paid the taxes he's owed. All the above seems to be to the affirmative, so it should be the end of all that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If that is all it is, what is the big deal about keeping them secret?

Please post your last 5 Pap Smear Test results. Don't have anything to hide, do you?

Even if he produces them, his haters will just claim that they've been edited so what's the point? We have INGOers who want laws to ban potential employers from viewing prospective employee's Facebook accounts yet we think it's our business to see Obama's transcripts?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    But Romney already did reveal his tax returns. It is not a sign of weakness, nor is it a trap, unless you are really hiding something. Plus, no one offered a ton of money to Romney's charity of choice if he revealed more details.

Jeesh, we're talking about college transcripts! Why would this be top secret, or even remotely compared to tax returns (which could include private medical expenditures)? Maybe Obama is just too afraid that people will realize he isn't the "chosen one" if it is revealed that he got a 'D' in History. But more likely, he lied and used his diversity to get ahead of students who worked much harder.

Top secret because some have said there is NO record of him being or enrolling, nor have any transcripts ever been seen....same people say that to this day no one knows the name of the doctor who delivered him....true......?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Obama's college transcript doesn't interest me UNLESS they establish that he was getting freebies as a foreign student.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Top secret because some have said there is NO record of him being or enrolling, nor have any transcripts ever been seen....same people say that to this day no one knows the name of the doctor who delivered him....true......?

I was once abducted by aliens.

Top Bottom