NWI INGO Meet & Shoot: Sunday, 14 NOV 2010 - Last 1 for 2010!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    On the original list you can swap my LE6940 for a SBR AR-15. Gotta give the NWI people something to play with if they didnt make the NFA day afterall. Ammo will be limited for both my guns (9mm and 5.56), but anyone is free to use them.

Done. Should I change your status from maybe to yes then? :dunno:

Nope, haven't joined that yet. I suppose I should, huh? Is there a NWI INGO social outcast group? I would probably fit in better there.....:D

Yes their is. "unoffically" GhostOfWinter is the leader of that group since he has missed the most "MEET & SHOOTS" and we have a stack of old modly hotdogs waiting for him at the range. Joe is is #2 since if anything goes wrong we just blame joe! :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can we keep this thread on topic?

smiley-laughing021.gif

We could but what fun would that be. :D
    Now back to the topic. Can your BBQ grill use these type of cans?
    051908_propane_bottle_green.jpg

& yes I'll make sure to bring that blue propane that was left behind BY JOE! :rolleyes:

Looks like its gonna be a bit cold on the 14th. :(

Nov 14

30.gif

Partly Cloudy

45°
    31°

20%

.tdBarChart table.tdBarChartTop td p {font-size:13px;} .tdBarChart .tdBarGraph {background-color:#ACC5E5;;background-image:none} 5 Moderate

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    You guys always shoot too far away from me. :( Id like to be able to make one of these shoots but they are always 3 hours away from me. Maybe next year:dunno:

Darn. I was about to complain as well ... and ask if DNR Kingsbury or DNR Jasper-Pulaski would be an option for future meets.

BTW ....

Melensdad, what kind of magazines will you be bringing for your Thompson? I've been trying to sell some magazines (50 rnd drum and 30 rnd stick mags) in the classifieds (here and on an auction site) and thought since they aren't selling that I could bring them to the shoot and function check them. This way I can add that to my advertisement. My wife has already told me that if I can't sell them, I'm going to have to buy a gun for them.

I will send you a PM with the ad so you can look them over and tell me if you think they will fit.

Last edited:

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    You guys always shoot too far away from me. :( Id like to be able to make one of these shoots but they are always 3 hours away from me. Maybe next year:dunno:

Darn. I was about to complain as well ... and ask if DNR Kingsbury or DNR Jasper-Pulaski would be an option for future meets.

If you guys are closer to Beverly shores or Michigan City, then you can just hitch a ride with me, I don't mind the idea of carpooling and helping out other :ingo: members.

I actually brought it up at the end of the last shoot.
    However during the drive home I put some further thought into my previous statement, and I realized that Winamac is a real winner not just because it's free of charge, but also because it's far less socially constricting, for instance you can BBQ just a little way's from your lane and go back and forth between tending to food and shooting if you want.
    Now that's freedom:patriot:

Recently I've also been thinking about making an offer to the range master, next year I would like to build some picnic tables just outside the lanes, that might make the place feel more family friendly... And thus help to casually encourage more people to get into shooting sports.
    What do y'all think?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can your BBQ grill use these type of cans?
    051908_propane_bottle_green.jpg
    Yes and No. Currently my grill is set up for standard propane torch cylinders, to use the Coleman cylinders I have to change the cylinder support ring. I just keep the torch cylinder support ring on the grill because those are the cylinders I use for brazing, etc. So I have the same cylinder for work as for play.

Melensdad, what kind of magazines will you be bringing for your Thompson? I've been trying to sell some magazines (50 rnd drum and 30 rnd stick mags) in the classifieds (here and on an auction site) and thought since they aren't selling that I could bring them to the shoot and function check them. This way I can add that to my advertisement. My wife has already told me that if I can't sell them, I'm going to have to buy a gun for them.

I will send you a PM with the ad so you can look them over and tell me if you think they will fit.
    I believe your mags will work, they appear to be standard mags for the 1927 model guns (all variations of the 1927 use the same magazines, the 1928 also uses the same mags).

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Can you get the cost for both the box of truth design and the black square design. Personally I think the black sqaure would be better since it seems it can handle windy days better. But I guess for either design we can use wire hangers so won't matter.

If youre concerned about the stands blowing over put sand or dirt in a gallon ziplock freezer bag, roll it up and stuff it in the pvc either at the corners or along the whole front and back part.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I got a phone call today from a Cowboy Action shooter who is an occasional cigar smoker. He looked up my cigar lounge phone number after seeing something posted about one of the OPEN CARRY CIGAR NIGHTS at my Pine Island Plaza location. Anyway I invited him (and his wife) to attend the Winamac shoot. He lives in the Whiting/Robertsdale area and has been looking for gun related social events, shooting events, etc.

Seems like a heck of a nice guy and is planning to bring several guns to the Winamac shoot.

I forgot to tell him about the "Meet & Eat" events, but as there is no event currently planned I guess that wasn't too much of an oversight.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes and No. Currently my grill is set up for standard propane torch cylinders, to use the Coleman cylinders I have to change the cylinder support ring. I just keep the torch cylinder support ring on the grill because those are the cylinders I use for brazing, etc. So I have the same cylinder for work as for play.

Why do you have to be so difficult. ;)
    OK then I'll just bring the blue one you left behind then.

If youre concerned about the stands blowing over put sand or dirt in a gallon ziplock freezer bag, roll it up and stuff it in the pvc either at the corners or along the whole front and back part.

Thanks for the tip. We have a member that will be going this weekend to the range to talk to them to see if we can take then next weekend and give us a head up on the # of plywood/post they have left.

So sometime next week either I'll buy the material to make 4 or I get with Clif45 and give him the money to buy more ply/post.

I got a phone call today from a Cowboy Action shooter who is an occasional cigar smoker. He looked up my cigar lounge phone number after seeing something posted about one of the OPEN CARRY CIGAR NIGHTS at my Pine Island Plaza location. Anyway I invited him (and his wife) to attend the Winamac shoot. He lives in the Whiting/Robertsdale area and has been looking for gun related social events, shooting events, etc.

Seems like a heck of a nice guy and is planning to bring several guns to the Winamac shoot.

I forgot to tell him about the "Meet & Eat" events, but as there is no event currently planned I guess that wasn't too much of an oversight.

:rockwoot: The more the better! Will your icare IL shooter also be coming?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Why do you have to be so difficult. ;)
    OK then I'll just bring the blue one you left behind then.

. . .

:rockwoot: The more the better! Will your icare IL shooter also be coming?
    Well somebody has to make your life miserable and that person might as well be me :rockwoot: By the way, it was JOE who left that cylinder behind!!!

As for the iCarry guys, no, it doesn't look like any will be attending this time.

And the phone call I got may lead to bigger and better things. Looks like he is tapped into the whole Single Action Shooting society of competitors so we may be adding a whole new dimension of shooters to the INGO Meet & Shoots, the Eat & Meets, as well as to the Open Carry Cigar Nights.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Recently I've also been thinking about making an offer to the range master, next year I would like to build some picnic tables just outside the lanes, that might make the place feel more family friendly... And thus help to casually encourage more people to get into shooting sports.
    What do y'all think?

I was thinking the same thing. Could add some kind tag to them that says dedicated by INGO and has the web address. I could see them not wanting tables just because they would have to move them to mow all the time.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i will be showing up too. ill have my polish tantal, beretta 92 and a glock of some sort with me. and i have some loads i want to try out im my ar.

edit: i think my fal in 7.62x51 will be comming with me, i only have 60rds for it right now so if you want to shoot it please bring ammo for it.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i will be showing up too. ill have my polish tantal, beretta 92 and a glock of some sort with me. and i have some loads i want to try out im my ar.

Polist Tantal [Caliber and Ammo status?] :dunno:
    Beretta 92 [Caliber and Ammo status?] :dunno:
    GLOCK :faint: those are plastic evil guns that go boom! ;)
    [Caliber and Ammo status?] :dunno:

thanks!

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Polist Tantal [Caliber and Ammo status?] :dunno:
    Beretta 92 [Caliber and Ammo status?] :dunno:
    GLOCK :faint: those are plastic evil guns that go boom! ;)
    [Caliber and Ammo status?] :dunno:

thanks!
    tantal= 5.45x39, good on ammo
    beretta=9mm, only a few boxes
    glock= 9mm or 40S&W, only a few boxes

and i sure hope they go boom:) i'd be dissapointed if they didnt.

imbel fal in 7.62x51

Last edited:

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Okay, I just got back from talking with the RO at Winamac.... he said the target stands will be okay as long as they are tall enough that you are shooting level and not downward so I will leave it to you to decide as to how tall that will have to be.

As for the posts and plywood, he pointed to a full rack and said "set pretty good right now!"

If I may make a suggestion though, since this will be the last time you are out there this year, it might be a good idea to take a Christmas card or something and have everyone who shows up, sign it. I know it isn't necessary but it never hurts to make a good, lasting impression and to let them know that you appreciate the range. Everybody likes to get a pat on the back now and then, even if it is just part of their job.

I hope you have a good time next week:yesway:. Just as a heads up... the place was packed today... I almost had to make my own parking space. I see deer season for firearms starts next Saturday so hopefully everyone will be sighted in by then and you will have room at the range on Sunday

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay, I just got back from talking with the RO at Winamac.... he said the target stands will be okay as long as they are tall enough that you are shooting level and not downward so I will leave it to you to decide as to how tall that will have to be.

As for the posts and plywood, he pointed to a full rack and said "set pretty good right now!"

If I may make a suggestion though, since this will be the last time you are out there this year, it might be a good idea to take a Christmas card or something and have everyone who shows up, sign it. I know it isn't necessary but it never hurts to make a good, lasting impression and to let them know that you appreciate the range. Everybody likes to get a pat on the back now and then, even if it is just part of their job.

I hope you have a good time next week:yesway:. Just as a heads up... the place was packed today... I almost had to make my own parking space. I see deer season for firearms starts next Saturday so hopefully everyone will be sighted in by then and you will have room at the range on Sunday

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    I'll take a Christmas card with me so we can sign it. Should we get a VISA gift card as well? :dunno:

I have heard back from 6 of the 8 donors and they were OK with spending the money in what ever way we though best. So with that in mind I say we make 4 stands and see how well those work out for us. Or do you guys want 8? Multiples of 4 work best in terms of "least wasted material" with the PVC.

Clif45 can you bring the long pieces of wood where the cardboard will go on. I'll buy the parts later today and have me a small solo build party to do a dry run. We are gonna need is cardboard as well. Any takers on bring cardboard?

@cbop
    That is what I'm afraid of for next week. Last month the range was packed when we got there. I'm planning on getting their probably 30 mins before to start setting up. Hopefully all the "deer hunters" are out hunting for bambi and not on the range. Either way it's going be a blast! :D r u coming?

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    r u coming?

I probably won't make it but we will see. Strangely enough, because it is so close to home, it is hard to carve a piece out of the day for it. When I am that close to home, all I can think about is all the stuff waiting for me to do at home whereas it is easier to ignore chores when I am farther away. So far, I have stopped by at the shoots twice (you were always instructing your new shooters so I didn't get a chance to introduce myself) and both times, while I didn't have time to shoot, I got called back home long before I was planning to.

It is funny like that... to you guys, going to the range is an event where as my wife and I think of it as a stop on the way to the grocery store... that is if we don't wait until after shopping and just shoot in the backyard:D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    I'll take a Christmas card with me so we can sign it.
    Just because he is a government employee and there is a separation of Church and State it might be offensive to present a government worker with a card that is clearly linked to Christianity . . . perhaps a pagan Saturnalia card would be more appropriate for a government worker so that we don't offend this secular sensibilities :dunno:

OK, I'm waiting for it, have at it :bat:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom