NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lost a downspout to the wind.

It was 2.5 stories tall.

I don’t have a ladder tall enough to reach. Going to have to check with the neighbors to see if someone has a very long ladder. I think a guy down the road has a 30’ ladder? He was going to buy one. Wonder if he did?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

It was 2.5 stories tall.

I don’t have a ladder tall enough to reach. Going to have to check with the neighbors to see if someone has a very long ladder. I think a guy down the road has a 30’ ladder? He was going to buy one. Wonder if he did?

30 ft? I know you haven't gotten to where you are now by needing my advice, but I'm going to say it anyhow;

Make the phone call. Stay off the 30 ft ladder.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

It was 2.5 stories tall.

That is a big sucker - maybe you can find it.

I have had to chase down a couple of 5 or 6 foot extensions now and then.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    30 ft? I know you haven't gotten to where you are now by needing my advice, but I'm going to say it anyhow;

Make the phone call. Stay off the 30 ft ladder.

OH . . . I DON'T GO UP THAT HIGH.

My roof scares the living hell out of me. The house sits on a fairly steep ridgeline, this is the back wall, so the ground is sloped down to the river. From ground to gutter is probably 24'-ish. My ladder is only 16' tall. The gutter sits 48" from the wall of the house because I have extra wide eves around the house.

I've made the phone call, but I need to borrow the ladder for younger guy who is willing to climb it to reattach the downspout.

I actually have all the pieces. Probably need to get a couple new brackets that attach to the wall of the house, those are twisted, but the downspout is in good (enough) shape.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OH . . . I DON'T GO UP THAT HIGH.

My roof scares the living hell out of me. The house sits on a fairly steep ridgeline, this is the back wall, so the ground is sloped down to the river. From ground to gutter is probably 24'-ish. My ladder is only 16' tall. The gutter sits 48" from the wall of the house because I have extra wide eves around the house.

I've made the phone call, but I need to borrow the ladder for younger guy who is willing to climb it to reattach the downspout.

I actually have all the pieces. Probably need to get a couple new brackets that attach to the wall of the house, those are twisted, but the downspout is in good (enough) shape.

In my 20s, I would run around my roof. It's something around a 45 degree angle. No big deal. I would cut the trees back, cause they kept attacking the edge of the roof trying to rip off the shingles.

Last time I went up in the fall, I looked down, felt a LOT fatter and more frail than before, and said.. F it.

Fortunately, I bought one of those electric chain saws on a pole.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    In my 20s, I would run around my roof. It's something around a 45 degree angle. No big deal. I would cut the trees back, cause they kept attacking the edge of the roof trying to rip off the shingles.

Last time I went up in the fall, I looked down, felt a LOT fatter and more frail than before, and said.. F it.

Fortunately, I bought one of those electric chain saws on a pole.
    At some point I realized I was not indestructible and falling hurts. So I try to avoid doing stuff that young people tend to "bounce back" from but that would likely cause me to break my hip!

Top Bottom