NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    View attachment 366069

1st and LAST time jedi goes into this place. It's an overpriced glorified gas station with horrible food.

$16 for an XXL brisket sandwich that tasted like dog food. BBQ over powdered the brisket. The brisket was dry where it did not have the BBQ.

It was a zoo of people in that place. Chicken strip order took 35 mins to get.

There cherry lime soda was weak and flat. This is Kentucky and they don't have cherrywine soda! That is a brand of the south from KY to FL and these fools don't carry it. Like wth!

Negative points for this place.
    Any Cracker Barrel carries Cheerwine. Jewel carries it too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The exterior wagon basket was a success going there.View attachment 366102

Sadly coming back the signal lights failed as did the vibration plate both due to user error.

Going there jedi was not able to go more than 75mph due to the heavy load n the mountains of WV.

On the way back jedi channeled ctc and went south across NC and I to TN and KY to avoid the mountains and was able to go much faster. Sadly the magenta on those lights can't handle that speed so one of them was lost. Magent fell off and light eventually broke off. It had a zip tie so all that is left is the housing.

Back in nwi jedi went over a bunp in Schererville going 5 mph and the vibration plate hit the street and got bent. Oppss
    Magnets have no place there.
    Come on

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Yes some amazing views in the mountains and going thru 2 tunnels was a nice drive.
    Did you take I-77 down? When I first lived in NC, that was how I got into Charlotte, then went east to Lumberton. It wasn't a bad route, but I hated being on the same road forever. WV was a bit twisty in areas, and the 3 toll stops in 20 miles sucked. Eventually went to going into SC to catch I-26 up to Asheville, to Knoxville, to Lexington, to Louisville, to IN; I much prefer that route.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Magnets have no place there.
    Come on
    They worked ok at low speeds. The zip tied helped as well. It was the first time driving like that. It's back to the drawing board for jedi. Going to redo the wiring so the lights can be disconnected from the wiring. Unsure if jedi should weld the new lights to the side metal plate or drill some holes to keep them on there.

Or better yet mount them on the very back inside the wagon. Unsure. Got about 13 months before the next road trip with the basket.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They worked ok at low speeds. The zip tied helped as well. It was the first time driving like that. It's back to the drawing board for jedi. Going to redo the wiring so the lights can be disconnected from the wiring. Unsure if jedi should weld the new lights to the side metal plate or drill some holes to keep them on there.

Or better yet mount them on the very back inside the wagon. Unsure. Got about 13 months before the next road trip with the basket.
    I can come over some time if you want opinions or help

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did you take I-77 down? When I first lived in NC, that was how I got into Charlotte, then went east to Lumberton. It wasn't a bad route, but I hated being on the same road forever. WV was a bit twisty in areas, and the 3 toll stops in 20 miles sucked. Eventually went to going into SC to catch I-26 up to Asheville, to Knoxville, to Lexington, to Louisville, to IN; I much prefer that route.
    On the way there it was:

Nwi to Indy to Dayton, OH and then it was bye bye interstate highway and hello county roads.

Oh to WC to Virgina to NC.
    Living in NWI and having access to so many interstate highways one gets spoiled. Them country roads are eeewwwww.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Straight home and into the pool afterwork today. What a humid, miserable day. But powered thru as usual. Have a feeling ill be passing out early tonight though. This **** zaps the energy right outta ya.

Looks like a much better forecast for mid to end of the workweek, so that's a plus

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    AC compressor died before noon.
    House was at 83 when repair man arrived. One of the best $100 ever spent.

My freon gave out last week. 2 year old unit. Cost $600 for freon and "overtime" service call. What did you get done for $100?

Plus he couldn't find a leak, so I assume it's going to go bad again.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    20240712_142950.jpg

BTW the apple does not fall far from the tree. Son was the ONLY one wearing barbie hot PINK gloves at the event. :)

Even if the female divisions not pink in sight. Yellow, green, white and a few blues but mostly everyone else black or red.

He went with this custom barbie hot pink as it's so much easier for the judges to "track" it and thus gives him a slight advantage in that the 5 judges looking at the event will naturally look at the pink object vs the non-pink one.

Smart cookie.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    View attachment 366199

BTW the apple does not fall far from the tree. Son was the ONLY one wearing barbie hot PINK gloves at the event. :)

Even if the female divisions not pink in sight. Yellow, green, white and a few blues but mostly everyone else black or red.

He went with this custom barbie hot pink as it's so much easier for the judges to "track" it and thus gives him a slight advantage in that the 5 judges looking at the event will naturally look at the pink object vs the non-pink one.

Smart cookie.
    Cool! Usually there is some pink gear at sporting events in support of the "Save the Boobies" movement.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom