NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Does Indiana get hurricane effects once in a while or is this really unusual?
    Not unusual. It does happen every now and then. Can't remember what year it was but the remnants of a hurricane brought us 18" of rain in 12 hours. Lots of flooding from that one

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Not unusual. It does happen every now and then. Can't remember what year it was but the remnants of a hurricane brought us 18" of rain in 12 hours. Lots of flooding from that one
    Lake County jail had inmates sandbagging. Day off work then an email that said leave early and try to find a way to work. SR 6 had only the middle passing lane drivable.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Fortunately from our end they keep downgrading the severity of the forecast. Was originally supposed to start at 11:30. Just getting rain now, and even then it's not even "use window shield wipers" rain.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I drove to Hammond and back to Portage this morning. Very light rain as I got back to Portage. It's been that way all afternoon. Traffic on 80/94 was a cluster. So I decided to take Ridge Road both ways. And they are working on the Kennedy Avenue over 80/94 in both directions. Was really glad to get off of the highway today.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, I probably should. I am used to eating around 5-5:30, so I should just stick to that. When Mom was here, we had a schedule and a routine for everything. Now I'm having trouble sticking to it when it's just me. I've picked up about 5 lbs, so I'd better get my **** together pretty soon.

I am the king of not having a schedule.
    It sucks.

Go most of the day without eating sometimes. But then eat twice in 4 hours.
    Go to sleep at 3 am, but then needing to get up at 8:30 to go to the Legion.
    Then get a migraine.

And I have no one to blame, except for myself.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I drove to Hammond and back to Portage this morning. Very light rain as I got back to Portage. It's been that way all afternoon. Traffic on 80/94 was a cluster. So I decided to take Ridge Road both ways. And they are working on the Kennedy Avenue over 80/94 in both directions. Was really glad to get off of the highway today.
    so r u the reason 4 da rain?
    Coming to the ONLY true city in Indiana from your EAST OF I65 region. ;l

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Throw in some soap and that is their first bubble bath in years
    Totally unrelated, I once got caught in the Ford Heights speed trap. Cop was a big Barry White-looking dude with a jerri curl. He was the most polite policeman I have ever spoken with. We were having such pleasant conversation that when he handed me my ticket, I thanked him. :nuts:

Top Bottom