NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    This show…. You would not miss it went on for over an hour. I was in Ellendale watching the fairgrounds and it was to the south west….. it made the crown point show look like amateurs. I thought cedar lake but I guess they didn’t have fireworks and seemed way too close to be them anyhow.
    We just wait till about 9. Pull our chairs into the driveway. And enjoy the show. Folks in our subdivision go nuts with the fireworks. No need to drive anywhere.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We just wait till about 9. Pull our chairs into the driveway. And enjoy the show. Folks in our subdivision go nuts with the fireworks. No need to drive anywhere.
    My subdivision is just me…… my pigs and chickens they don’t have much $ for fireworks or a ride to buy them… so we have to drive around

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    You can put a little DeoxIT on the contacts and you won't have to wiggle it anymore. I use a toothpick and just apply a tiny amount.

I just found out on Monday that I have cataracts. I have a surgical consult on this coming Wednesday and then surgery as soon as they can do it. Everything I have heard about it says it is easy and quick so I'm going for it ASAP.
    My mom had both eyes done in June, a couple weeks apart. She was nervous but said it was not really a big deal. A little irritation and discomfort for a day or two after but was VERY glad she had it done. She did not realize how bad her vision had gotten, and now has good enough vision to ditch glasses for driving. I am sure all will go well for you!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. People just don't realize how much so. And then to jump off a boat to try and swim to get help without a life vest just doesn't make any sense

People are scared of "danger" they don't know... like guns.

But then, throw in danger that they know, like cars, or lakes, and they don't worry about it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    They swimming???
    I heard the call come in as a disabled boat. Article says he jumped in to swim, struggled, and the boats "captain" jumped in as well as another tp try and help. So not quite sure if boat was "disabled" prior to first guy jumping in, or was "disabled" because no one else knew how to operate a boat. The boat was "adrift" for over 30 minutes, which made it extremely for responders to know where the 3 went in the water at

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I taught Boy Scout Lifesaving Merit Badge... for a while.

Remember, that "going in" is your LAST RESORT.

Order of rescue
    Reach
    Throw
    Row
    Go

Repeat it over and over. Till you say it in your sleep.

Reach: Arm or Leg. Make sure you are anchored, with a low center of balance. You can extend your reach with a towel or clothing, lumber, whatever.

Throw: A line. A life preserver. A "floatie". Etc.

Row: Use a boat. Or a floating log or such.

Go: Finally, last resort.. go. But LEARN how. There's more to it than jump.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics