NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    There goes the neighborhood.

:fogey:

Looks like John Deere is moving into Lowell. They purchased a couple hundred acres east of town for a new distribution facility. Of course they also announced they are moving manufacturing to Mexico. Distribution is generally much lower pay than manufacturing.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Do you really need that much video power? You could try putting a cheaper GPU card in there just to see if it works then.
    Pretty much. When I render using the GPU, it stores the scene on VRAM. I haven't gone over the 24GB limit yet, but I've gotten close on several occasions. Likely when I render more completed scenes, I'll have to get another 3090 so I can NV Link them to get 48 GBs. That's one of the main reasons I didn't get a 4090.

I also troubleshooted with a 1080 ti, and it was resulting in the same issues.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    So I finally got the computer to POST. I really can't say for sure what the issue was, but I think it something to do with unplugging the computer.

So my stepdad is in South Dakota on a motorcycle trip, and thus I need to stay with my mom since she can't drive due to cataracts. I moved my computer yesterday morning and tried booting it up to get some work done this morning. That transit was the first time the computer had ZERO power in it for probably over a year. Even when the power goes out, it is on a battery backup/sine wave power conditioner.

I believe this had something to do with it because at one point I unplugged it, let it sit for a few minutes, and tried again. Low and behold I got video feed. The BIOS has been flashed and updated, so hopefully the GPU detection issue doesn't happen again. I have gotten the white LED before, however the problem usually ceased when I rebooted or jiggled the GPU a little, but this time was different. And before anyone asks, yes the GPU was fully seated every time I tried booting today.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So I finally got the computer to POST. I really can't say for sure what the issue was, but I think it something to do with unplugging the computer.

So my stepdad is in South Dakota on a motorcycle trip, and thus I need to stay with my mom since she can't drive due to cataracts. I moved my computer yesterday morning and tried booting it up to get some work done this morning. That transit was the first time the computer had ZERO power in it for probably over a year. Even when the power goes out, it is on a battery backup/sine wave power conditioner.

I believe this had something to do with it because at one point I unplugged it, let it sit for a few minutes, and tried again. Low and behold I got video feed. The BIOS has been flashed and updated, so hopefully the GPU detection issue doesn't happen again. I have gotten the white LED before, however the problem usually ceased when I rebooted or jiggled the GPU a little, but this time was different. And before anyone asks, yes the GPU was fully seated every time I tried booting today.
    You can put a little DeoxIT on the contacts and you won't have to wiggle it anymore. I use a toothpick and just apply a tiny amount.

I just found out on Monday that I have cataracts. I have a surgical consult on this coming Wednesday and then surgery as soon as they can do it. Everything I have heard about it says it is easy and quick so I'm going for it ASAP.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    There goes the neighborhood.

:fogey:

Looks like John Deere is moving into Lowell. They purchased a couple hundred acres east of town for a new distribution facility. Of course they also announced they are moving manufacturing to Mexico. Distribution is generally much lower pay than manufacturing.

Yeah, I saw this on my news feed earlier today.
    Is it out by Dayton Freight or closer in?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    R u trying 2 find the jedi logic?
    season 1 friends GIF (GIF Image)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well the corporate lease car came today. Looks like I'll be using Enterprise for a bit longer. I had to deny delivery because the rear bumper brackets were broken, and the inside was filthy. I can't believe the lease company lets vehicles leave the lot like that. The driver that brought it from Wisconsin was not thrilled though.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well the corporate lease car came today. Looks like I'll be using Enterprise for a bit longer. I had to deny delivery because the rear bumper brackets were broken, and the inside was filthy. I can't believe the lease company lets vehicles leave the lot like that. The driver that brought it from Wisconsin was not thrilled though.
    At least he had a ride back to Wisconsin.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Guy behind us had a pretty big show last night, prolly him. We were at a different party a couple doors east.
    This show…. You would not miss it went on for over an hour. I was in Ellendale watching the fairgrounds and it was to the south west….. it made the crown point show look like amateurs. I thought cedar lake but I guess they didn’t have fireworks and seemed way too close to be them anyhow.

Top Bottom