NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    12° warmer down here at my folks. Tons of people must have taken the while week off fir the 4th. Traffic was ramped up.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Has anyone seen the Dragon Wagon yet?
    Only a few friends have seen pictures. I like the name the Dragon Wagon, Larry. For those who were not at the Meet & Eat yesterday, I bought a cargo van to convert to a camper so I can travel with the dogs. I haven't seen my dad or my mom's side of the family in at least ten years.

1719770598403.png

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

van4.jpg

van6.jpg
    van7.jpg

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    @Snapdragon - a lot of info on converting those in this forum:

If you join do an intro post, they require it. The forum has some prickly mods, but a lot of good info.
    Thanks. I will definitely check out the forum.

Just to clarify-- The van is more for the dogs than for me. If not for the dogs, I could just take off in the car and stay wherever. But the dogs are not welcome some of the places I will be visiting, so they will have to stay in the van.

Wasn't planning on doing anything fancy, just a rollaway bed, a portable AC, a big cooler, couple dog beds, and a toilet (and some curtains, clearly). I don't really plan on cooking in it. I want to depend on electricity as little as possible, but the AC unit is a must if I'm leaving the dogs inside while I'm visiting or whatever. I have a little 12" wide x 30" high kitchen cabinet that I can screw into the wood on the sides, or maybe I'll get a larger one. There are metal loops in the floor, so I can use ratchet straps to secure things down. I want to leave it so that if I need to take stuff out to haul something, I can. So not an actual conversion, just figuring out how to utilize the space.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Heard you ran into them. They were happy to see you and mom said how nice you were
    Well they were NORTH of us30 and heck they were even north of 45th so off course jedi is going to act "normal" since all the pollution air is breathable there.

Now if they were north of 80/94 it would be even better. :rofl:

Granted momma act said she does like that strack (in highland) better than the other ones. jedi told her that jedi agrees with her as the one in highland is not too big nor too small. It's just right have a good selection but one does not get overwhelmed by it.

Best of all their bakery bread is probably the best of all the stacks. Avoid the strack bread in Schererville on us41n us30. That bread sucks! Either way too hard or goes moldy real fast and it's about $2 MORE than at highland.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Scored this microwave cart for free at a garage sale that was shutting down. I can take the wheels off, put some hook and eyes on the doors and the drawer, and then screw the back of the cabinet to the wood on the sides of the van.

View attachment 362861

View attachment 362862
    I'll try to remember, but there are a couple places that help set up vans for travel and living in. Even if you don't go through them, you'll get some amazing information and ideas

Top Bottom