NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Tornado sirens going off in CP at 8 am. I checked the weather, and surprise, no tornado warning. If the sirens are going to go off every time there is a thunderstorm, what's the point? People are going to ignore them more than they already do.
    I agree completely. They over use the sirens here too. What really ticks me off is they interrupt the TV to do their stuff way too much and for way too long each time. Sometimes they are warning us about a thunderstorm that is over 200 miles away and going further. And then they say useless stuff over and over just to hear themselves make noise and then repeat the whole warning again from the beginning. The worst part is they always seem to interrupt hockey games.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    @d.kaufman Why were all those police cars in front of your house this evening.
    The idiot neighbor doesn't know how to control his dog.

It was actually the house next to me. Bank owns it and they're doing repairs. The contractors got a nice surprise when the dog ran up on them. Hard to tell if this dog is friendly or not. If it comes at me im surley not gonna wait to find out.We've left a few complaints with code enforcement but nothing has been done.

The moron that owns the house has rental properties and we know he uses dogs on the properties when vacant, so I'm not taking a chance the dog is friendly and that's what we told the contractors and cops too.

The wife now carries her pistol when tending to the front yard

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    The idiot neighbor doesn't know how to control his dog.

It was actually the house next to me. Bank owns it and they're doing repairs. The contractors got a nice surprise when the dog ran up on them. Hard to tell if this dog is friendly or not. If it comes at me im surley not gonna wait to find out.We've left a few complaints with code enforcement but nothing has been done.

The moron that owns the house has rental properties and we know he uses dogs on the properties when vacant, so I'm not taking a chance the dog is friendly and that's what we told the contractors and cops too.

The wife now carries her pistol when tending to the front yard
    How long did it take you to make that story up?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So she'd be doing the neighborhood a favor *looks the other way*
    Just don't know if this dog is aggressive or not. He charges at you, and when he does my dog goes nuts and that distracts him. My dog is kept on a lead and in a fenced back yard because he could be perceived as aggressive and cannot get to you unless youre physically in my backyard. He just wants to jump on you and say hi, but others wouldn't know that.

I've told the neighbor he needs to keep that dog on a lead several times. He hasnt listened. Weve reported it a few times. Not much more I can say

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just don't know if this dog is aggressive or not. He charges at you, and when he does my dog goes nuts and that distracts him. My dog is kept on a lead and in a fenced back yard because he could be perceived as aggressive and cannot get to you unless youre physically in my backyard. He just wants to jump on you and say hi, but others wouldn't know that.

I've told the neighbor he needs to keep that dog on a lead several times. He hasnt listened. Weve reported it a few times. Not much more I can say
    Sharp knee to the chest will determine what action to take. I've trained dogs and if they charge after a lunge to a knee to the chest, they are not going to stop.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Keeping a noisy or seemingly aggressive dog at a vacant house could be a good move if there are people in the area that would move in uninvited.
    But it seems obvious that it should be kept on a lead - or fenced like they do with junk yard dogs.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Former Portage Mayor James Snyder's conviction for public corruption has been overturned by SCOTUS.

Essentially, they found that the statute he was prosecuted under applies to bribery- being corruptly paid to take a specific action as an official, but he did not do that. The money he received as a consultant to a company that had earlier supplied trucks to Portage was, if anything, a "gratuity" (but possibly not even that). There is no federal statute criminalizing a "gratuity" that applies to state or local officials. SCOTUS sees that as something the states or local governments can outlaw if they want to.

Top Bottom