NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So :poop: post for the experienced as a fore warning to scroll.

Since they lowered the colonoscopy age to 45 here we go. I have it scheduled for Tuesday. I've got the whole prep info and I'm going the pill route (which I'm told is prefered), not the liquid.

There was talk of a pre prep the day before prep day that made things 'easier' on the whole process the following prep day. Naturally, the wife does not remember last year's ah ha revelation. Not eating or fasting is not an issue for me, so if it's eat a salad for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is the answer, I'm all ears.
    It's usually liquid only the day before so you might want to check. Same as no red dye because it messes up the scope. I remember it was like broth soups and jello the day before.
    Also, might be blood afterwards for a day or two, anything, more go to the doctor immediately (or large amounts of blood go faster).
    I did the pills before and usually went better than the liquid.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Possible drowning at Porter Beach. Sirens everywhere.
    Not sure of this is the situation at Porter. People are not being careful where they are swimming. There have been a number of drownings already. If it's posted not a swimming area, stay out. And with the winds as high as they have been does not help. Lake Michigan is not forgiving.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

Since they lowered the colonoscopy age to 45 here we go. I have it scheduled for Tuesday. I've got the whole prep info and I'm going the pill route (which I'm told is prefered), not the liquid.

There was talk of a pre prep the day before prep day that made things 'easier' on the whole process the following prep day. Naturally, the wife does not remember last year's ah ha revelation. Not eating or fasting is not an issue for me, so if it's eat a salad for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is the answer, I'm all ears.
    I've had a couple of colonoscopies. It's not a bid deal of a deal. I was knocked out for both of mine. Good luck!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Good luck. I drank all the liquid. They roll you into a room and I got a shot and next thing I knew I was back in the prep room and ready to go home. Got yelled at for leaving the room following my wife and the nurse to the car. Go back and wait for the wheelchair to take me out.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Haven't got a correspondence outside of an email in a while.
    View attachment 361019
    I love how Frank Mrvan can write an entire letter and not indicate that he actually fully supports the legislation.

The dude is dyed in the wool anti gun.

He writes a whole page without actually making any sort of statement, which is further confirmation that he indents to vote for the legislation. His hope is that a page of gobbily-gook, or as we know it here in this forum, "JEDI SPEAK" will confuse people and they won't bother him anymore while he continues his anti-American voting pattern.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Best nap you will take. You won't feel a thing. The prep is the only hard part.

As for eating 48 hours before, I'd say minimal eating/partial fasting 2 days before and total fast the day before. The less that is inside is the less that you need to flush back out. So the more you eat the worse it is, no matter what you eat.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    2024 RV Trip Awards:

Cheapest gas: WI
    Most Expensive gas: IL
    Most Construction: MT
    Least Construction: MN
    Worst roads: CO
    Most Oil Rigs: KS
    Most boring drive: KS
    Most scenic drive: MT
    Worst Drivers: MO
    Best Drivers: SD
    Best cell/data/radio: IL
    Worst cell/data/radio: MT
    Park w/ the worst cell/data/radio: Yellowstone
    Favorite park:
    Devil's Tower-Me
    Yellowstone (Glacier close 2nd)-Wife
    Yellowstone-Kid
    Best park traffic: Glacier
    Worst park traffic: Yellowstone
    Nebraska and Kansas were tied for best sleep ever behind the wheel as I remember them from my travels across the country... Does Yellowstone still look like a B52 splinter mission hit it or are the trees coming back. I'm comparing it to what I got to see in 1984 with 100-year-old growth forest... All gone in 2003 when I took the wife out there. Hope you had a great trip... Traveling has always been fun over the years. I'm hoping to get out to a couple more places to get them checked off the bucket list in the coming years...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Drugged my one dog in advance.

My head hit the pillow at 10 and I was out until 6:15 this morning.

I gather it rained at some point?
    Yeah, I woke up at some point (whenever I posted last) and it was raining hard. I went back to bed, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, there was a thunderclap so loud and so close that it sounded like it was next door.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Nebraska and Kansas were tied for best sleep ever behind the wheel as I remember them from my travels across the country... Does Yellowstone still look like a B52 splinter mission hit it or are the trees coming back. I'm comparing it to what I got to see in 1984 with 100-year-old growth forest... All gone in 2003 when I took the wife out there. Hope you had a great trip... Traveling has always been fun over the years. I'm hoping to get out to a couple more places to get them checked off the bucket list in the coming years...
    Yellowstone has recovered pretty well considering. Family got to experience a ton of places.

I've now been to 37 (including D.C.). Only added 2 states this trip.

* Alabama ✔️
    * Alaska
    * Arizona
    * Arkansas ✔
    * California✔
    * Colorado ✔
    * Connecticut
    * Delaware
    * Florida ✔
    * Georgia ✔
    * Hawaii ✔
    * Idaho✔️
    * Illinois ✔
    * Indiana ✔
    * Iowa ✔️
    * Kansas ✔️
    * Kentucky ✔️
    * Louisiana✔️
    * Maine
    * Maryland ✔
    * Massachusetts
    * Michigan ✔
    * Minnesota ✔
    * Mississippi✔️
    * Missouri ✔️
    * Montana✔️
    * Nebraska ✔️
    * Nevada ✔
    * New Hampshire
    * New Jersey
    * New Mexico
    * New York ✔
    * North Carolina✔️
    * North Dakota
    * Ohio ✔
    * Oklahoma
    * Oregon
    * Pennsylvania ✔️
    * Rhode Island
    * South Carolina ✔️
    * South Dakota✔️
    * Tennessee ✔️
    * Texas ✔
    * Utah✔️
    * Vermont✔
    * Virginia ✔️
    * Washington
    * Washington, D.C.✔
    * West Virginia ✔
    * Wisconsin ✔
    * Wyoming✔️

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've had a couple of colonoscopies. It's not a bid deal of a deal. I was knocked out for both of mine. Good luck!
    The twilight never kicked in on mine, they gave me a second dose half way through, and it did nothing.

It was sheer discomfort all the way through.

It made me forget all of my felonious thoughts. I never want to go to prison.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Does anyone run a horizontal heat pump for your heating and air needs? It seems like all the heating and air companies around Kokomo are really pushing horizontal heat pumps. Pros/Cons?
    If you mean a split unit, Pro is the ductless part. Being electric only is a Pro or a Con depending on current gas vs electric rates.
    They are pushing them because of ease of installation and time most likely. They work fine when sized properly. They have their quirks compared to traditional units. I would never install one to replace a traditional unit if that is the proposed option. We have 10 of them at work and 16 or more RTU and/or upflow traditional hvac units and while all of them have an issue occasionally, i would say the spits have more issues over all. And unless it's a simple line set leak, you're not fixing it. You are replacing one end or the other.

Yeah, I woke up at some point (whenever I posted last) and it was raining hard. I went back to bed, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, there was a thunderclap so loud and so close that it sounded like it was next door.

1:30am precisely. According to the dog landing on my head.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Drugged my one dog in advance.

My head hit the pillow at 10 and I was out until 6:15 this morning.

I gather it rained at some point?
    What drug do you take to sleep through the night. Asking for a friend.

99% sleep through any thunder short of the one nuclear explosion that woke a few months ago.

It is that tablespoon of water in my bladder that wakes me every hour.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yellowstone has recovered pretty well considering. Family got to experience a ton of places.

I've now been to 37 (including D.C.). Only added 2 states this trip.

* Alabama ✔️
    * Alaska
    * Arizona
    * Arkansas ✔
    * California✔
    * Colorado ✔
    * Connecticut
    * Delaware
    * Florida ✔
    * Georgia ✔
    * Hawaii ✔
    * Idaho✔️