• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Just went to the bank to cash in my change that I've accrued over the years... I left out all the nickels because I heard they were worth more as scrap..

Of course I get home from the bank having "made" $7.61 in change and I do some googling. I'd have to have thousands of the buggers AND they'd all have to be prior to a certain date. So I probably spent about $1 in gas to get to the bank and back... might as well have taken the frigging nickels with me.

Ah, at least payday is tomorrow.

Felt weird walking into a bank armed with a loaded pistol though... I must admit I was CC'ing it.

Were you humming this while you were in the bank?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSl0w5Cqj-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    anybody got a sight pusher they'd be willing to let me use? or maybe a method of removing the sights from the slide of my 1911 without damaging them? wanting to do a custom finish but need sights off to do so.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Being a "limited access" roadway, it will cut off whole sections of the south lands. The only ares that will develop will be where there is an interchange and I suspect there will be an interchange at US41 on the west of Lowell, there will likely also be an exit on the east side of town, maybe at 55? The first exit west of the IN/IL state line will likely be IL 1 (Dixie Hwy).
    I hate to burst your bubble, but roadways are not obstacles. the zombie hordes will be afoot by the time they get to you. So, unless it's covered by fire it will be more like a que for the feeding frenzy that's about to happen to you people.
    On the plus side, the herd migrating south to the newly discovered areas will lessen the pressure up here, allowing for more of a chance for me to escape.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Man this thread is filled with non-shooters.

Hu? Now y would u say that? :dunno:

I hate to burst your bubble, but roadways are not obstacles. the zombie hordes will be afoot by the time they get to you. So, unless it's covered by fire it will be more like a que for the feeding frenzy that's about to happen to you people.
    On the plus side, the herd migrating south to the newly discovered areas will lessen the pressure up here, allowing for more of a chance for me to escape.

You do bring a very good point. All this "highway" does is bring the ILs to IN and when that happens they will bring their "chicago mentality" with them so in the end Lake county will get even worse! :xmad:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You do bring a very good point. All this "highway" does is bring the ILs to IN and when that happens they will bring their "chicago mentality" with them so in the end Lake county will get even worse! :xmad:

You dumb northern types . . . this highway will bring "down state" Illinois residents into Indiana, they are like minded, pro-gun, anti-government types. Get out here and get south of Will County and you will find that Illniois people HATE the "Chicago way" that you north of 30 types seem to embrace.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    You dumb northern types . . . this highway will bring "down state" Illinois residents into Indiana, they are like minded, pro-gun, anti-government types. Get out here and get south of Will County and you will find that Illniois people HATE the "Chicago way" that you north of 30 types seem to embrace.

I would agree with that. It's amazing how much influence that Chicago has on what the state wants to do.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Man did I just learn myself a lesson............took my para 3" 1911 down to the FRAME!!! never done that before and thru the wonders of youtube and the interwebs i figured i could do it. i've field stripped it a million times (idiot scratch proves it was my first 1911) :rolleyes: and even changed a mainspring once. this time i stripped everything. you know that sinking feeling you get when something small comes out of the thing you're working on and you have no idea where it came from, yeah, about that :dunno::dunno:
    the para's apparently have a piece next to the sear that isn't standard on GI 1911's so as i pushed the sear pin out i got the sear, disconnect and OMG!! Well after two hours of trial and error (many errors) it's all back together and i definitely know how it goes now!!! ooof :n00b: now that i know how hopefully it will be easy next time this weekend when i plan some custom finishing work :D

RANT OVER

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Too much talking, not enough banging! :)

Obviously, he's never been to a Meet & Shoot when the whole clan does a mag dump simultaneously. Even I was afraid to come back the rest of the year ... (not to mention, it's soooooo far away).

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Being a "limited access" roadway, it will cut off whole sections of the south lands. The only ares that will develop will be where there is an interchange and I suspect there will be an interchange at US41 on the west of Lowell, there will likely also be an exit on the east side of town, maybe at 55? The first exit west of the IN/IL state line will likely be IL 1 (Dixie Hwy).

The big questions I have is will they build over-passes over some of the North South streets like State Line Road or will they simply terminate some of those roads. I suspect that Sheffield will be terminated on the north side of the new roadway because that road ends at 169th and the new E-W tollroad is supposed to run between 165th and 169th. So they could simply terminate it and shorten it a couple blocks.
    I hope it doesn't lead to any development around US41 and Belshaw rd. I am surrounded by farmland and like it that way. I am in phase 2 of Lowells big annexation plan. I hope that never happens. That would probably mean no more shooting in the back yard.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Obviously, he's never been to a Meet & Shoot when the whole clan does a mag dump simultaneously. Even I was afraid to come back the rest of the year ... (not to mention, it's soooooo far away).

Too bad YOU don't have any video of that to prove that it DOES happen.
    It's just your story. :rolleyes::D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom